The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

18/01/2013 13:59Posted by Lordofmagic
These are good changes, really they should just remove t2 all together, it's sort of pointless now, as people always find a way to exploit the system to gain it.

+1
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
amazing changes, it almost feels like blizzard changed their entire attitude towards the game.

the fact that you can buy conquest gear from HONOR after 27000 is so freaking nice! now you can play alt specs and stuff :D allow me to say THANK you.

i do have One little concern though. i would still like to see some cosmetic/vanity reward from passing the good old 2200+ barrier.

By not making Elite Gear available to everyone for example?

I'm not rating bashing or anything.. but why do you care so much when you have never reached any high rating in 3s nor RBGs?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am a 2200 all around player on 3 diff classes and i find these changed very satysfying.

Not everyone has the TIME or dedication to get 3 chars to 2200 and or find teams tbh depending on servers

No one asked you to gear up three characters.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
18/01/2013 14:32Posted by Critamins
These are good changes, really they should just remove t2 all together, it's sort of pointless now, as people always find a way to exploit the system to gain it.

+1

+1
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Why are people complaining about people getting similar looking gear?

Do you realise that for PVE players, people doing just LFR get the same looking gear as people doing Heroics raids?

They should make the same for PvP and PvE then in that case, make challenges give you challenge mode transmog gear after running them 10 times in a row ok? is that a deal?

Again its a nerf for PvP players and PvE players only get to profit of it... really nice..
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Hunter
[quote]
That's the thing, when you get to 27k conquest spent, you dont have to farm honor for conquest gear, you can instantly buy a full set of elite gear with that 27k you've saved up.

Unless you require the 'normal' conquest gear to purchase Elite gear + Conquest points, which I assume they will do to avoid that from happening.

This is the logical set up, however, we all know some strange things have gone live before.

It wasn't specifically addressed, so I thought it pertinent to highlight.
Reply Quote
4 Night Elf Druid
Ugh, I guess I cant start gearing my alt up then? Since I will just be able to get 1000 conquest per week.
fml
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Maybe, but it won't be a big difference, besides you would have to farm CP's in crappy gear while others upgrade.

Let's say you have a cap of 2200 CP per week, that means it will take 12 weeks to get the 27.000 CP's needed.
That's 3 months time, Then you need to to farm honor for Conquest gear, add another 2 weeks, and all that time you will be severely outgeared.

I don't know who would be interested in that honestly.

That's the thing, when you get to 27k conquest spent, you dont have to farm honor for conquest gear, you can instantly buy a full set of elite gear with that 27k you've saved up.

Just read a little closer actually. You can't do this until 5.3 (aka halfway through the season)

I mean you could wait with buying any gear until 5.3, but I suspect you'll be so far behind everyone else on rating due to gear difference you might actually end up hurting your own cap so much that it's not worth it; but it's difficult to say.
Reply Quote
37 Undead Mage
Ugh, I guess I cant start gearing my alt up then? Since I will just be able to get 1000 conquest per week.
fml

What you mean?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So many crybabys in here, i think this changes are improvement. It is also sign that blizzard is actively monitoring situation and listening our concerns. And they already showed that they are balancing classes that are op or bad like every 2 months since start of this expansion.

Good job Blizzard, you did not reach perfect balance yet but you are trying and putting efort into it, someone who is old school will appreciate it.

Keep up good work,
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So many crybabys in here, i think this changes are improvement. It is also sign that blizzard is actively monitoring situation and listening our concerns. And they already showed that they are balancing classes that are op or bad like every 2 months since start of this expansion.

Good job Blizzard, you did not reach perfect balance yet but you are trying and putting efort into it, someone who is old school will appreciate it.

Keep up good work,

its not crying its a right of passage for people that put effort into want to be at the top of there game even if they dont play a lot i think making it so you have to grind conquest to get the elite weapon is expecting people to play more than they should in one week to get a higher cap and grind them self's away to get gear and not really making anything worth competing for.

look at it like this whats the point of putting effort in for something if your gonna get it if you dont?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Rewarding bad play and slackers... Terrible changes.
Instead of giving everyone everything they could've just reduced the gap between different tiers of gear.

Its delusional to think people would play arena if it offered no rewards. They wouldn't.

And about the rating inflation, it's probably going to fail miserably/be exploited to hell for the next few seasons.
Edited by Faded on 18/01/2013 15:04 GMT
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Hunter

Just read a little closer actually. You can't do this until 5.3 (aka halfway through the season)

I mean you could wait with buying any gear until 5.3, but I suspect you'll be so far behind everyone else on rating due to gear difference you might actually end up hurting your own cap so much that it's not worth it; but it's difficult to say.

You're missing the point.

- Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)

This means that you can get 27k Conq Points over say 3 months, dont spend them, and then buy they full set of Elite gear in 5.2.

UNLESS, Elite gear costs Conq Points + teh non-Elite equivalant.
Reply Quote
it isn't about how the gap is earned, it is the fact the gap already existing is rediculous.

i only play random, sometimes have to play for 2-3 hours to get ONE win, so I wouldn't call that slacking.
2-3 hours for 100 conq points is far more work then any arena.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
it isn't about how the gap is earned, it is the fact the gap already existing is rediculous.

i only play random, sometimes have to play for 2-3 hours to get ONE win, so I wouldn't call that slacking.
2-3 hours for 100 conq points is far more work then any arena.

learn to cross the gap gear is not whats stoping you its you being in a bad mindframe that is
Edited by Bòby on 18/01/2013 15:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What i dont understand why are people liking this? dont you like the sense of achivement when you get somewhere in life and you put effort into getting it?

now that your getting giving it doesn't it seem pointless having it? its lost its shine now
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I actualy like the new ideas for PvP coming in 5.2 ! I think the conquest catch up idea is a good idea for fairness but I also think its not because if you dont join til half way its your own fault stuff ya Iv been pvping from the start =p hehe but I dont mind that! My only issue is as daedric pointed out... People who solely pvp and don't pve at all are at a disadvantage for gold... Arena rbg.. hell even randoms should award some sort of money
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm sorry but if you only play randoms why should you be allowed to gear up as quickly as the people who put in the effort to play organised PvP, random should have its own gear set (dreadful) while the arena and rbg who put in more effort have their own (malevolent)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hurrah!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]