The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

87 Undead Death Knight
When Usain Bolt outruns everyone at the olympics he gets a gold medal, not an upgraded set of legs. Do you think he feels his prestige is diminished?
Edited by Vengerz on 18/01/2013 17:17 GMT
Reply Quote
37 Undead Mage
18/01/2013 17:16Posted by Vengerz
When Usain Bolt outruns everyone at the olympics he gets a gold medal, not an upgraded set of legs. Do you think he feels his prestige is diminished?

All he wanted was boots with increased movespeed by 20% so he could stay in top for the next of this season
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I actually like the changes to gearing up and closing the gap. But to have something to play for like elite gear and weapons should have a rating attached to it. So there is some pride in actually getting above a certain level. I think handing elite gear out ruins what an mmo is. I bet you wont see LFR handing out heroic ilvl gear out soon as you've ran it 10 times or somet. if they do we can all sit about in full heroic gear and elite gear 10-15 weeks into a new season. then we wont have to raid or do arena's.... I suppose it reduces strain on servers since people wont be logging in as much.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

hahahahahah :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have to ask; why is it that you feel entitled to have better gear than someone of lesser skill and as such bridge that gap between you both even further, giving you an even more distinct advantage?
If players are able to fight with an equal footing in regards to gear, then you will be able to tell who has more skill as the better player will obviously be able to attain more rating. This change should excite you with having a better chance to show your stuff and surpass 2.2K rating, push yourself beyond your known limits and try for the best you can!

I'm saying, that having inferior gear to others in the past was always something i had to deal with. Even this season i had to fight an uphill battle against those with superior gear to get 2200. The T2 system has been this way since 4.0 to my knowledge, and just when i become eligible to get the rewards, they are being removed?

I understand there are other reasons to pvp. and I am also interested in pvp for other reasons. but the T2 weapon has always been a big part of my goal.

Please excuse me if i seemed a little arrogant or rude, i was in a particularly angry state of mind when posting my previous posts.

-Bear xx
Edited by Bèar on 18/01/2013 17:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Just read a little closer actually. You can't do this until 5.3 (aka halfway through the season)

I mean you could wait with buying any gear until 5.3, but I suspect you'll be so far behind everyone else on rating due to gear difference you might actually end up hurting your own cap so much that it's not worth it; but it's difficult to say.

You're missing the point.

- Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)

This means that you can get 27k Conq Points over say 3 months, dont spend them, and then buy they full set of Elite gear in 5.2.

UNLESS, Elite gear costs Conq Points + teh non-Elite equivalant.

Oh, sorry. My bad. :P

Yea... Well the current system requires the non-elite gear in exchange for the elite-gear. If they keep this it won't be a problem?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
18/01/2013 16:39Posted by Retnuhdot
No player with the right mindset would argue against these changes. Now all the players will just have to prove themselves on an even ground. Why would anybody whine about this? The reward is in how you get placed on the ladders. Dont be spoiled and ask for a better weapon it is childish and no reason in itself to keep playing. How shallow that would be. I am sure Blizzard will come up with stuff to keep your epeen intact thou. It just wont be better stats on gear. Cry me a river

The people that solely depend on outgearing their opponents aren't happy.

Everyone else is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Comparison with PvE gear is pointless.

Gear is needed in PvE! (not counting CM which normalizes ur stats and i find it laughable to even compare these changes to it)

In PvP it should be about skill. Everyone should get the same gear because at the end, a better player will win, not who has better gear (or who is carried by his class)

They should introduce some nice rewards for 2.2k however... Special titles, mounts etc.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Actually people atm get elite gear without doing anything, ohh except 1 thing people get paid for boosting/win trading services.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I approve this change but more rewards for PvP have to be given!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I think the gear difference when you start a season late is the biggest issue here. but saying that I dont like rbg's one bit. I play 3v3 arena's only, and ive only missed 2 weeks on my druid but still im facing really bad players with tier 2 weapons and fully upgraded armor which is like ilvl 491 or somet and my druid average is about 480ilvl yet you can totally outplay them while their healer who is 491 ilvl or what ever stands in the open getting cc'd endlessly which dont get me wrong is really funny.... until you find out your shadowpriest playing in blue dreadfull gear with the disc 4 set bonus and no pvp weapon and cant actually kill anyone at all because he doesnt do enough damage. and despite all the mistakes and poor positioning they can out heal all your burst while being cc'd 99% of the time. Just because you dont do rbg's.

They should put individual ratings on gear like 1600 for legs 1800 for chest 2k for shoulders 2.2k for weaps for arena. and rbg hero's should have to get like 2.5k for legs or somet 2.7k for chest. ok ok maybe a little bit excessive, but I dont like facing people at 1800 mmr who clearly belong at 982 in arena or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome first step. I agree with some of the folks here that would rather that gear (stats anyway) isn't even an issue, same gear for all. I also think the rbg > arena cap situation needs to be remedied. Ratings in 3s should yield much closer to the same, or equal to, cap as rbg rating.

To motivate people to push high ratings though, some battle pets, "fun items", tabards etc should be introduced imo. Not just a title.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Hunter
This is one of the best changes to the game Blizzard have ever made.

"Tiers" of PvP items accessible by rating alone should never have been introduced.

The good players (quite rightly) get this gear first. Up until the point all the players capable of 2.2k have the best gear. All this achieves is another tier of gear for players to play against others in the same gear. And at the same time makes it completely impossible for lesser players to even have a chance of competing with them.

It creates a huge jump in the ladders. Certain comps (TSG, KFC) have their own rating system where they are just the best in a certain bracket. But in general, the gear level is the biggest barrier.

And for people moaning that there is now no reward.....

The reward is your rating. If you are good enough and have got there legit you will get your rating and much much faster gear acquisition.

Lets consider timescales here.

The least possible time someone who caps only 2200 points per week can access Elite gear will be 13 weeks.

Your average person will cap 1800. Meaning closer to 15-17 weeks.

Your person who trys to cap every week but misses out occasionally is going to take something like 20+ weeks before they can access Elite gear.

20+ weeks. 5+ months. By that time the season will be approaching its end already.

Now consider the legit 2.2k players.

Your cap will be increased because you are better players at higher rating meaning you will pass 27000 requirement in as little as 7-8 weeks, or if you like in less than half the time of most of the people who participate in pvp.

You will still get your rating, you will still acquire gear at a much faster rate. AND by the seasons end when you are decked out in Full Elite Tyran gear, your average PvP player will have 1-2 pieces at best.

So there you go, "free pvp gear for everyone" is absolute nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It is free though... people are playing rbg's and getting a ridiculous cap 2k in rbg's is far more and this is what happens.. the best classes like warrios shamans paladins hunters dk's all them cleave global u without even needing to cc healers dominate arena's they're also first choice in rbg teams also so it has a knock on effect. you get unbalanced classes at the top of rbg's and at the top of arena's gearing up way faster. I have a friend that plays disc priest, he cant even get a spot in rbg's. so therefore all the unbalanced classes by far outgear all the "terrible classes" (disc priest etc)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Try
When I read this my first thought was - NO! - How can Blizzard 'remove' elite gear?
And to everything that they keep saying like "Now it's easier for people that have not attained 2.2k before, to get it" - You're lieng to yourself! Thoose people have already had the chance (Me including it), in the start of each season, a player have the chance to get to 2.2k, without being better/worse geared than others! At that time, the real good players show themselves! It doesn't make it easier to break the 2.2k barrier just because you get better gear, because ALL of your opponents will get it aswell...

I sincerely hope you read this post and take it into consideration, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
the general consensus seems to be that players above 2.2k seem to approve of the change, people who are below don't.

pvp shouldn't be about who has better gear and this change helps make a more equal footing
Reply Quote
92 Orc Death Knight
Thumbs up!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Indeed. Oscar Pistorius, on the other hand...
Reply Quote
removing the 2200 requirement for t2 is by far the worst thing i have ever seen. but it doesnt matter becouse probably they sit at blizz office do dailies kill dragons and dont give crap about pvp.since they obviously dont know to play PVP nor the kids that are complaining on forums like MAGE TOO OP WAR TOO OP NERF THIS NERF THAT I LOST ARENA ON 1.3k MMR SO UNBALANCED they make dumb mistakes like this.why dont we take the heroic gear from 25 man raid and put it in LFR or even heroic dungeons? we that do pvp obviously dont care that much about pve so lets make it faceroll for us pvpers too.... people that cant get to 2200 in arena/rbg dont even deserve to buy t2 gear... it would be great instead of thinking what new dailies to put in 5.3 or 5.4 to focus a bit on community that actualy does PVP.
Reply Quote
forum bann inc lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]