The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

67 Undead Warlock
Just make arena and RBG ratings equal. RBGs already grand you more than double the conq points for win.

In 5.2, you will also get Conquest points if you lose in rBG, which you won't get in Arena.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bad changes.

Hate me for this, i dont care. FOUR SEASONS of PVP i have played. and all throughout the 2.2k has always been my goal. all through cata i saw and respected the shiny gear of those more skilled than i.

And on this season i finally reached my goal and am proud and satisfied that i can now swag around with my gear and weapon.

AND YOU REMOVE IT FOR NEXT SEASON??? Just when my skill improved so i could obtain these rewards. i have it for one season, lovely.

But honestly, why should someone with inferior skill to myself have the same gear? This basically puts us on the same level. To my knowledge, the T2 weapon has been here since 4.0 (or maybe before, dont remember/dont know) I see no point in playing if i have achieved my 2.2 goal, and there is no reason to reach for the same goal next season

Catchup system is cool, my alts were a few weeks late to 90, and only get the 1800 cap each week, and thus are pretty pathetic in pvp dispite my superior skill.

Lets be honest, dispite my obvious improvement, i dont think im gonna be a glad anytime soon, So, give me one good reason to play for rating?

Haha im gonna get so much hate from this from baddies lol, go on, give me some witty and well puncuated essay with perfect grammar explaining how wrong i am and how i should gtfo. hit me with your best shot ;)

But please. dont call me an arrogant b@stard, i think i already made that quite clear

-Bear xx
Edited by Bèar on 18/01/2013 05:57 GMT
Reply Quote
67 Undead Warlock
18/01/2013 05:55Posted by Bèar
So, give me one good reason to play for rating?

Self-improvement.

If you're playing Arena for gear, you're doing it wrong.
Edited by Ðaeðric on 18/01/2013 05:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
18/01/2013 05:58Posted by Ðaeðric
Self-improvement.

So i have improved. so what? if others cannot see my improvement then they are unable to bask in my glory.

Probably better to spend time doing stuff IRL with actual rewards.

Most likely just gonna play for fun next season, i played almost everyday this season, read forums, watched vidios and streams, did everything to improve

got 2.2k....... now this.....pfft....really made bad start to the day

-Bear xx
Reply Quote
67 Undead Warlock
So 2.2k is the best you can do?

Go higher.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So 2.2k is the best you can do?

Go higher.

I havnt yet tried to go higher, my current team consists of monk/SP/Rdruid............so i doubt it atm.

I dont really want to go for gladiator/R1, too much time would have to go into it and i can probably find something else to do.
Reply Quote
67 Undead Warlock
Why do you even play at all then? The game is a hobby if you don't want to put time into a hobby, I really fail to see why you''d actually play in the first place.
Edited by Ðaeðric on 18/01/2013 06:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So we've nothing to aim for now ?

cool, might not just resub anymore. Having nothing but Gladiator to aim for isn't fun.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman
I like most of the changes, but I can see the point of '' we have nothing to aim for now '' eventho we can aim for in game titles.
If there would be any reward like: transmo / tabard / mount / extra title etc @ some kind of rating (2.2-2.4), this ''problem'' can be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I like most of the changes, but I can see the point of '' we have nothing to aim for now '' eventho we can aim for in game titles.
If there would be any reward like: transmo / tabard / mount / extra title etc @ some kind of rating (2.2-2.4), this ''problem'' can be fixed.
Exactly.

If we only have ingame titles to aim, do what? Play first day to high rating and camp?
Play decently ~2,000-2,200 every week for phat cap? 1 game of 3s a week, rest to cap in 2s. Eventually you're getting elite gear and cp cap for it. Then what? Wait till end of season to know ratings for titles?

That's a lot of boring and free time. This change is 0/10 for me. Give me something to aim for, some other rewards at X Y and Z ratings.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Self-improvement.

If you're playing Arena for gear, you're doing it wrong.

You're delusional if you think people will play for self-improvement, when in other topics you can actually see there's more "let them win cuz I want fast honor" people than try-harders, by a large margin ...
Some may do that, but the majority won't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So we've nothing to aim for now ?

cool, might not just resub anymore. Having nothing but Gladiator to aim for isn't fun.

So Daeoric, now you see that i am not the only one, many others feel the same as I, and are justified to do so, i have nothing else to say. The above posters have said all i have on my mind.

-Bear xx
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They will probably add vanity items for people who achieve higher ratings. Blizzard have actively stated before that this is something that they want to do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What they should do is have cosmetic rewards to make you stand out in the crowd.

Mounts, Pets,Tabards, different gear skins, perhaps an entirely different set with the same method as Challenge Modes. New Titles that only last during the said season based on the rating you achieved. Any of the above will encourage players to progress even if they don't get any T2 weapon from just having a certain amount of rating.

They've done some of this for RBGs, they should do it for Arena.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What they should do is have cosmetic rewards to make you stand out in the crowd.

Mounts, Pets,Tabards, different gear skins, perhaps an entirely different set with the same method as Challenge Modes. New Titles that only last during the said season based on the rating you achieved. Any of the above will encourage players to progress even if they don't get any T2 weapon from just having a certain amount of rating.

They've done some of this for RBGs, they should do it for Arena

Some people like this vanity stuff. T2 is somewhat of a rite of passage if you know what i mean. RIP T2, the one season we were together ill never forget :'(

I play arenas for T2, swag, and fun with m8s.

Guess all i have left is the fun, guess it'l have to do
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Well now it feels like we will have nothing to aim for except gladiator. Please add mounts/transmo/pets/whatever for every rating achi you get, something like that. People won't like playing arenas without a reward! I sound greedy, but it's true.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
18/01/2013 06:07Posted by Bèar
So i have improved. so what? if others cannot see my improvement then they are unable to bask in my glory.

i'm sure if you run around /yelling 'omg guise i got 2.2k' a lot of people will care.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
18/01/2013 07:44Posted by Drhook
i'm sure if you run around /yelling 'omg guise i got 2.2k' a lot of people will care.

Yes because that was a completely serious statement.

In a faraway land across a distant sea lies the mighty country of England. Upon this mighty country a way of speech known as "sarcasm" is used to great extent. It would do you well to study this intricate way of speech.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
18/01/2013 07:47Posted by Bèar

Yes because that was a completely serious statement.

In a faraway land across a distant sea lies the mighty country of England. Upon this mighty country a way of speech known as "sarcasm" is used to great extent. It would do you well to study this intricate way of speech.

rather than incorrectly confining sarcasm to a single country, maybe next time you should define the word. i hope you put more thought into your 2.2k.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Warrior
Very good changes. Maybe now people play for fun and not only the current faceroll comp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]