The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

90 Orc Warrior
all bad/average ppl pvp will salute this chance good pvper(2200+rat) will hate.
blizz make this chance because the 2200 pvper are very minority in comunity

Why would any good pvper above 2200 rating hate this change? I can see only fotm rerollers or rating buyers hating this change because they cannot keep up with the competition in equal footing. Any legit 2200 player will continue to be at the top of the ladders even with the gear change.
Reply Quote
21/01/2013 13:19Posted by Ukkeniov
Why would any good pvper above 2200 rating hate this change? I can see only fotm rerollers or rating buyers hating this change because they cannot keep up with the competition in equal footing. Any legit 2200 player will continue to be at the top of the ladders even with the gear change.
So true that its so much more then just truth! But its true a good player would never complain about this has they don't need the weapon to be the guide to success. I prefer equal footing so I can see if I can bet someone. I also love nude pvp duels which gives perfect even stats. (grey weaps only) :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Your plans have already been thwarted, though :) Not only will you be having some trouble competing with those that have started buying the normal version of the Tyrannical gear while you are waiting, there is also a 5000 Conquest point cap. This will prevent you from saving up your points, so it is definitely recommended that you buy the normal version before you get the elite one to avoid missing out on gear. ;)

Well ewery1 will still save 5k cp nonetheless. And also why did you nerf the use of caster main hand as an offhand weapon to rogues?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
21/01/2013 13:31Posted by Fillingan
So true that its so much more then just truth! But its true a good player would never complain about this has they don't need the weapon to be the guide to success. I prefer equal footing so I can see if I can bet someone. I also love nude pvp duels which gives perfect even stats. (grey weaps only) :)

Ofcourse you do, because in a duel like that no1 can kill a warrior
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
21/01/2013 12:33Posted by Nakatoir
We have a cosmetically different and unique weapon enchant planned to be available at 2200 rating. We are also looking into the possibility of adding in some additional vanity items and rewards that can be earned at various ratings.

What is the point of a static 2200 rating when the rating itself inflates during the season, as described here :
as of patch 5.2 Team Rating will gradually increase as players participate in PvP over the course of the season
Do you think players will feel rewarded for achieving a rating that can simply be "farmed" and is not earned like in the old days ?
Edited by Diphtérie on 21/01/2013 13:43 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
21/01/2013 13:42Posted by Diphtérie
Do you think players will feel rewarded for achieving a rating that can simply be "farmed" and is not earned like in the old days ?
The rating inflation will mean that ratings end up being higher at the end of the season than what has been seen previously, but this does not mean that they will be so dramatic that 2200 rating will be easily achieved by everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The rating inflation will mean that ratings end up being higher at the end of the season than what has been seen previously, but this does not mean that they will be so dramatic that 2200 rating will be easily achieved by everyone.

So why not make the vanity rewards based on ranking on the ladder instead of rating?
For example top 1%(or whatever is equivalent to 2,2k rating now) would be eligible to receive the rewards?

I've been toying with the idea of vanity armor set, weapons, mounts and titles(and the enchant you mentioned!) which you'd receive 1piece/week based on your ranking, much like in the original honor system. However with ladder rankings you'd receive the rewards based on your competitiviness, not pure grind. That way there would be even more incentives to remain active throughout the season and you would be rewarded for good performance. Good timeframe in my mind would be 7-8 weeks. That way you could start midseason, farm gear for around a month and then become competitive yet still receive all the vanity rewards as well. In addition it would make it harder to buy the rewards from illegal sources, because it requires a lot of work at highly competitive level.
Edited by Ukkeniov on 21/01/2013 14:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[...]Your plans have already been thwarted, though :) Not only will you be having some trouble competing with those that have started buying the normal version of the Tyrannical gear while you are waiting, there is also a 5000 Conquest point cap. This will prevent you from saving up your points, so it is definitely recommended that you buy the normal version before you get the elite one to avoid missing out on gear. ;)

This allows to "cycle" through gear keeping it under the 2h limit and still getting the elite earlier, seems kinda annoying but some of us will do it.

Change 27000 earned to buy elite to 27000 spent. Should solve all issues.

Greetings

PS: Gear that still can be returned does not count towards spent.
Edited by Síndra on 21/01/2013 16:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
[quote]
Change 27000 earned to buy elite to 27000 spent. Should solve all issues.

^^THIS
Also thanks for this change blizz:D
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
1) Change 27000 earned to buy elite to 27000 spent.

2) Change arena/RBG cap to same cap per rating. Its already easier to get a rating in RBG, hence providing incentive to do RBG.
Reply Quote
You guys really need to change RBG and arena caps to match each other.

And why not make 2200 (or more?) reward a transmogable set that is just a different colour of the same set or with more spikes or lights or something than normal and elite versions don't have? Would not be much additional effort.
Reply Quote
PVP has 3 problems.
The solution is simple.

Problems:

1. PVE & PVP should be seperated

2. PVP should be competitive

3. PVP players still want gear progression

Solutions:

1. Get rid of pvp power and ressillence.

2. Prefix all stats on PVP gear with PVP (like PVPstamina, PVPstrenght, ...)

3. Give pvp gear a pvpitemlevel (like the normal itemlevel but for pvp only)

4. Form bg/arena groups with the help of pvpitemlevels.

Conclusion:

1. pve gear will have no effect on pvp and visa versa.

2. pvpitemlevels will fix unfair gear difference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
20/01/2013 22:24Posted by Valdmaniene
If you are better than another player then you wouldn't really need better stats, you should be able to beat them with equal level gear.

Because of RNG.

Give a noob a death star, eventually he will blow your planet.

Whats the point of any gear then Mr Nakatoir? Why we dont go into arena without gear, naked, fist fighting? We don't need more stats, take off PVP gear, we use only skills from this day.
We shall conquer!

Why the hell we all fight so much for PVP gear if we dont need more stats, guys, Nakatior is totally right! We dont need anything but a naked character and skill!

Oh, and vanity!

if a noob is in a death star then the pro xwing players will blow it up before it even gets the aim towards a planet.

i can say stupid overated things to about current system

if you play cs and give one team only acces to glocks and the other team awp and after 30 rounds decide to give the glock team awp to. Does it make sense to you if the awp team start crying that the glock team do not deserve the weapon becouse the awp team points out they got way more kills and are clearly alot more skilled then them.

in rl that would be like giving one team sniper rifles and the other team handguns on an huge open field with no wind ... guess who wins.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
21/01/2013 12:33Posted by Nakatoir
We have a cosmetically different and unique weapon enchant planned to be available at 2200 rating. We are also looking into the possibility of adding in some additional vanity items and rewards that can be earned at various ratings.
I'll be taking back my "nothing to aim for" from earlier.

However, is it a cosmetically different enchant, and how will it differ from the current ones stats wise? Also, are we looking for different cosmetic changes such as armor, tabards, or mounts pets and the kind? Anything else you're eligible to share with us my loved Nakatoir?

Having something similar to the Challenge Mode gear would be nice though, no re-gems, re-enchants and re-forges - just a transmogification.

Oh, and.. any word of Rogue S13? Still waiting for that. ;(
Edited by Røøted on 21/01/2013 16:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

so the rating inflation how much will it affect the table? will it be dramatic or minor? ie

would it mean the difference of 2k to 2.2k or 2k to like 2.5k?

and the weapon enchant will that affect the Death knight Fallen crusader? and the 2.2k stuff what will that be called? and is it gonna be a transmog or just a replace?
Edited by Bòby on 21/01/2013 17:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Everybody got 2.2k from rbgs this season anyways:P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Changes look good, it seems they are trying to address a lot of the main issues imo, i would prefer no gear gap but i recognize that some players do enjoy gear progression, so, 5.2 looking good!
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
All these changes combined made me just resubscribe to the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]