The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

100 Worgen Druid
18/01/2013 08:48Posted by Draugarth
By not making Elite Gear available to everyone for example?

but it will. just earn 27k points.
Reply Quote
7 Goblin Shaman
To those who think that they have lost their spot in the sun im sure there are multiple ways to ensure that you "step up" from the rest if you really need to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think the new conquest system will promote players to start late in the season. This way you will save money and the catch up rate will be crazy high.
I also think this system will promote a higher percentage of people rerolling to overpowered classes because most of these people were crying about the catch up in the first place. I am not too happy with this overall, with all the arena rating requirements removed people are not stimulated anymore to play arena.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
18/01/2013 08:58Posted by Lilléy
I think the new conquest system will promote players to start late in the season. This way you will save money and the catch up rate will be crazy high.

dumbest thing i have ever heard, you are talking about wow like it was some sort of job.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There are some things i dont understand and would like to have them explainted:

Will there be a non elite weapons AND elite weapons?
What requirements do i need to meet to buy non elite weapons in 5.2?
What requirements do i need to meet to buy elite weapons in 5.2?
What requirements do i need to meet to buy non elite weapons in 5.3?
What requirements do i need to meet to buy elite weapons in 5.3?

Is elite gear an upgrade to a previous tier like it is now? Or it doesnt require you to give back the non elite piece? If it doesnt, then are'nt u afraid ppl will earn conquest points without spending them and then just spend all on elite gear once they have 27k earned this season?
Reply Quote
Community
Also what will motivate people towards glad now, except glad? Arena tabards, recoloured gear or won't there be any rewards at all? :<

Yea this is still a big mistake Blizzard are making, they are still amusing that people are motivated by gear in PvP, this hasn't been the case (largely, naturally a very small % still do care) for a very long time now.
This is actually something that we are also looking into. We are aware that pure performance enhancers are not something that is of a large interest to the majority of PvP'ers. We are investigating ways of implementing more vanity rewards for participating in PvP combat.

18/01/2013 03:23Posted by Deadandlivin
Then you could also throw inv arious special Mounts or Pets between the 2000-2700 range or something.
One issue that can arise with the rating requirements on rewards with the new MMR inflation system is that rating is going to inflate throughout the season for those that continue to compete. This could make rating requirements such as those you have mentioned much easier to attain. As said however we are looking into ways to implement more vanity rewards into PvP and we will update you with more information on this when it becomes available. :)

18/01/2013 05:55Posted by Bèar
But honestly, why should someone with inferior skill to myself have the same gear? This basically puts us on the same level.
I have to ask; why is it that you feel entitled to have better gear than someone of lesser skill and as such bridge that gap between you both even further, giving you an even more distinct advantage?
If players are able to fight with an equal footing in regards to gear, then you will be able to tell who has more skill as the better player will obviously be able to attain more rating. This change should excite you with having a better chance to show your stuff and surpass 2.2K rating, push yourself beyond your known limits and try for the best you can!

18/01/2013 06:39Posted by Røøted
So we've nothing to aim for now ?

Whoever said that? You have plenty to aim for, the sky is the limit. You still have the elite gear to aim for, it simply does not come with a rating requirement now. You can also set your own goals rather than only aiming for those we already laid out before you.

18/01/2013 08:58Posted by Lilléy

Far from it, you only get the 1000 points per week missed minus your already attained Conquest points. If you played throughout the entire season then your weekly cap would be higher than that and as such you should have more conquest points than those who start late. The main difference now is that catching up if you started later in the season should not be as difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@ Jawarek
lol are you blind or dont want to waste time reading?
go to first post and read it.
Edited by Necrophobic on 18/01/2013 09:24 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
1. i love how nothing said in this discussion thread will change the out come of what they said but with the small hope i had can someone give me one real reason why taking the gear requirements is good?
or at least leave a rating requirement on different coloured gear.
half of the fun in any mmo is reward, you quest for a month get a rare mount raid day in day out get hc gear. pvp all day get absaloutely nothing.
i also like the idea of you did well heres a slightly stronger weapon. people say it makes it hard for low lvl players. but the people with 2.2+ wont be against those guys.

i for one have always aimed at geting to that stage. i now never will.
if this change happens you should upgrade raiding teir to hc with valors.
with this change 2 out of nearly 40 people i asked have said they either will play less next season or are very unhappy with it and i for one have just came back to wow and now would rather have my money back.
Edited by Scrubbles on 18/01/2013 09:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
your all a bunch of retards
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
18/01/2013 09:22Posted by Nakatoir
Whoever said that? You have plenty to aim for, the sky is the limit. You still have the elite gear to aim for, it simply does not come with a rating requirement now. You can also set your own goals rather than only aiming for those we already laid out before you.

This was the entire POINT of Elite gear. Passing that rating barrier.

Tell me this. Do we get CM gear for running a load of Heroics? Heroic PvE gear for running LFR every week? No? Then why get Elite Gear (which is purely cosmetic apart from T2) without rating requirement? The current system works fine apart from the WT and Boosting and it kind of feels as if you are doing this as a cheap way to try to avoid those.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Is it possible to know what percentage of active pvp people would have gotten the 27000 points achievement in this season ? And same thing for actual 2k2+ players, to see what difference it brings ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If you mean me then sorry. i just dont get the weapon part and i wanna be certain how it works.
Also I think it should be changed to 27k conquest points SPENT during the season not earned. AS i said one can just stack the conquest points. on 27k buy gear for honor and upgrade to elite instantly ;p

18/01/2013 09:27Posted by Draugarth
Tell me this. Do we get CM gear for running a load of Heroics? Heroic PvE gear for running LFR every week? No? Then why get Elite Gear (which is purely cosmetic apart from T2) without rating requirement?

Ermm you actually do get heroic pve raid gear for almost free..... 2 months after first ppl get it due to nerfs of bosses + having better gear from next tier raiding. So its kinda equal dont whine on this one
Edited by Jawarek on 18/01/2013 09:31 GMT
Reply Quote
18/01/2013 06:39Posted by Røøted
So we've nothing to aim for now ?

im sorry nakatoir but your really dont understand the idea behind why people want the 2.2k gear.
all you say there is that they have made elite gear a grinding challenge, not a skill challenge. the guys with elite gear are the guys with the most free time and then eventualy everyone can get it. it seems 2 different rules with hc raiders and pvpers
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Biggest flaw of PvP is the cheating, wintrading, boosting, botting and as usual BLZ does nothing to stem it at all.

The report system is so flawed is laughable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Great changes and a big step forward. Although I think T2 gear should no longer be called Elite gear anymore since now anyone can get it if you play long enough. There should still be a rating requirement for elite gear with only aesthetic differences.
Reply Quote
18/01/2013 09:40Posted by Seayon
Great changes and a big step forward. Although I think T2 gear should no longer be called Elite gear anymore since now anyone can get it if you play long enough. There should still be a rating requirement for elite gear with only aesthetic differences.

this guys got it right
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
18/01/2013 09:22Posted by Nakatoir

If that's the case, I hope mama Blizz takes pvp more seriously from now on : if the scene is not fair and competitive, but rather stagnant and imbalanced as it already was countless times (including this season), either because of classes being more powerful than others, scaling or whatnot, people won't play to improve themselves.
There would be not enough incentives to do so since the "fun" part is lacking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
If you mean me then sorry. i just dont get the weapon part and i wanna be certain how it works.
Also I think it should be changed to 27k conquest points SPENT during the season not earned. AS i said one can just stack the conquest points. on 27k buy gear for honor and upgrade to elite instantly ;p

Tell me this. Do we get CM gear for running a load of Heroics? Heroic PvE gear for running LFR every week? No? Then why get Elite Gear (which is purely cosmetic apart from T2) without rating requirement?

Ermm you actually do get heroic pve raid gear for almost free..... 2 months after first ppl get it due to nerfs of bosses + having better gear from next tier raiding. So its kinda equal dont whine on this one

It's about putting effort in to it when the content is relevant. PvE has CMs to set people apart appearance-wise. What will PvP have now? A Tabard?? (Like I've seen people suggest) come on...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]