The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

85 Night Elf Death Knight
18/01/2013 09:42Posted by Scrubbles
Great changes and a big step forward. Although I think T2 gear should no longer be called Elite gear anymore since now anyone can get it if you play long enough. There should still be a rating requirement for elite gear with only aesthetic differences.

this guys got it right, id say like the hc dungeon challenge mode transmog gear, only its a recoloured pvp set.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

Whoever said that? You have plenty to aim for, the sky is the limit.

Talking about that. These are great changes. I'm thankful for Blizzard listening to the right type of PvP player, those who want an even battle field.

At the same time, we have to discuss the most grave remaining imbalance: RBG weekly cap. Given that there will be LOTS of new gear to buy, the larger cap from RBG will force people to play RBG's that don't like to. Your own design was to "let people play the game the way they like to play it". Why are we forced into RBGs?

By the way, its not just that for the same rating, RBG's provide higher cap. Its even easier to get a higher rating in RBGs.

So how is it justified to have the terribly confusing RBG/arena cap system, which is even bugged (get rbg points first - later arena, and you can't reach cap), when it doubly rewards RBG players? This will get out of hand with the extra conquest rewards.

But still, KUDOS for making T2 boost irrelevant, making upper bracket more active, and allowing players to catch up. I get a good feeling from this that Blizz is finally realizing the potential in PvP.
Edited by Vedi on 18/01/2013 09:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
This is absolutely amazing, it's like Blizzard's actually listening for real this time. Thank you so much for this.

Now just add tabards and I would even forgive you for making Cataclysm!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you mean me then sorry. i just dont get the weapon part and i wanna be certain how it works.
Also I think it should be changed to 27k conquest points SPENT during the season not earned. AS i said one can just stack the conquest points. on 27k buy gear for honor and upgrade to elite instantly ;p

Ermm you actually do get heroic pve raid gear for almost free..... 2 months after first ppl get it due to nerfs of bosses + having better gear from next tier raiding. So its kinda equal dont whine on this one

It's about putting effort in to it when the content is relevant. PvE has CMs to set people apart appearance-wise. What will PvP have now? A Tabard?? (Like I've seen people suggest) come on...

Tabards were a big thing in WoTLK just for your information. Many people want to see their return with the 2.3k rating requirement. There was no Elite gear, except a stronger weapon, back then either. Once people got their rating and unlocked the gear, everyone's gear was the same.

I'm also failing to see why you are against this change. You've never had Elite gear before, now you actually have the chance to get it.
Edited by Jmcscøtx on 18/01/2013 09:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Out of interest how many people have the 27.000 point requirement in here?

My hunter is at 38k
My Monk is at 11500
My rogue is at 7200.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
18/01/2013 09:40Posted by Seayon
Great changes and a big step forward. Although I think T2 gear should no longer be called Elite gear anymore since now anyone can get it if you play long enough. There should still be a rating requirement for elite gear with only aesthetic differences.

I dont really care that much about naming but i think this will solve the problem many ppl are taking about. Make the later tier of gear called "tier 2" and make a recolored (more redish!!!) elite set with rating requirements.

Also 1k per week is a !@#$y catch up honestly. Make it a bit higher please imo it should be 1,5k but if u feel its unfair for ppl who keep filling the 1800 cap weekly then at least 1,3k or something ;p

@pudger
Im on 50k conquest points earned this season on my war but i was getting 3,5k cap since the season started
Edited by Jawarek on 18/01/2013 09:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hey Nak

Personally I think that this change is fantastic, and as clear an indication as you can get that Blizzard is listening to the community and has a clue what is going on.

As someone has already mentioned in this thread, I don't think that these changes go far enough - though I'm well aware that anything can change between now and 5.2.

There are two things that concern me:

1) As much as I enjoy pvp for the sake of great competition, I really love having something to aim for. In previous seasons, obtaining the tier 2 gear and weapons have been a mark of prestige, particularly in arena as resto during cata ;) ... this can be evidenced by the majority of my bank bags being full of the various tier 2 items for transmog. Similarly, the tabards are brilliant. They are unique and were such a fantastic incentive.

I feel that (if anyone is like me) many pvpers would really like the incentive to push their ratings every week. I'd hate to see the 2000 - 2300 bracket drop off just because people don't need to push for their weapons any more.

Please come up with something worthwhile - we're talking cosmetic / mounts / pets

2) my second point is somewhat related. RBGs and acquisition of gear.

I love RBGs with a good group. At high rating they are often extremely close and tense, though these days you're more likely to run into MOTHERLAND RUSSIA wintraders.

My concern is that they have devalued any presitge or skill associated with seeing someone in t2 pvp gear. Because of the prevelance of wintraders and boost selling, tons of people are running around in full tier 2 when they don't have a clue what they're doing.

It might sound harsh, but until something can be done about the abuse of the wintrading system I'd rather not see RBG players at high rating get access to absolutely everything, or at least give them a different set of rewards. While it might be argued that wintraders will be put out of business since the level of the gear won't be affected by rating, if you offer something rare people are probably going to try and abuse the system to get it.

Finally - please make the rbg cap the same as arena cap. One thing that has frustrated players for far longer than you would know. We understand why, but there is a difference between an incentive to do something and feeling forced to in order to keep up.

Hope that made sense

LOVE YOU BABES!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
current conq will transform into honor when the 5.2 starts?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
Best PvP change ever. I will Start playing again in 5.2.

I was getting bored with failing in PVE any way
Reply Quote
4 Night Elf Druid
So people who will get over 2.2k rating this patch and later on, will get no rewards?

Kinda stupid and as someone mentioned before;

18/01/2013 09:44Posted by Scrubbles
Although I think T2 gear should no longer be called Elite gear anymore

If no rewards, whats the point getting more than 2.2k rating when you just easily can get elite gear for getting an amount of Conquest points?
Reply Quote
say goodbye to like 40% of the 2k - 2.3 bracket
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
18/01/2013 08:36Posted by Draugarth
You don't do a lot of PvP do you? /sigh I'll say it again.. Elite Gear is THE SAME As normal Malevolent Gear. Same stats

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84791

http://www.wowhead.com/item=85113
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
18/01/2013 09:59Posted by Drhook
You don't do a lot of PvP do you? /sigh I'll say it again.. Elite Gear is THE SAME As normal Malevolent Gear. Same stats

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84791

http://www.wowhead.com/item=85113

Wow, you so smart for cutting out the part where I said everything except T2 Wep. Lol, nice try.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
18/01/2013 09:58Posted by Bawz
say goodbye to like 40% of the 2k - 2.3 bracket

Funny thing is people will still play the game.

And shock horror! games are supposed to be fun!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
For Weapons this makes sense. For Elite-Gear (just the "recolor")? Not so much.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
its obvious looking at wahts been said and looking at the stats and achivements people have said it.
to people who really pvp this is all really good news, more even pvp. skill cap has a much higher reward.
but blizz forget the reason behind 2.2k rating the reason people try so hard.
Braging rights.
we work hard get 2.2k get the armour with a recolour(no higher stats) they take this out and say you can now set your own aims, as if were some kid thats been given a toy gun without any bullets and saying pretend you do have bullets.

all we want is something to show off, maybe like teh challenge mode gear, if you get 2.2k rating you get a set of gear with no stats thats purely for transmog. and this thread then dosent need to exist.

i
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I approve this change.
Reply Quote
Community
18/01/2013 10:15Posted by Scrubbles
all we want is something to show off, maybe like teh challenge mode gear, if you get 2.2k rating you get a set of gear with no stats thats purely for transmog. and this thread then dosent need to exist.
As has already been mentioned even before this blog, more vanity rewards for PvP'ers is something that we are currently looking to implement. We will provide more information on this when it becomes available :)

18/01/2013 10:16Posted by Stalkewt
I approve this change.

*Thumbs up*
Edited by Nakatoir on 18/01/2013 10:20 GMT
Reply Quote
midseason catchup only good idea there, T2 should have been removed.
Wtb vanity 2.2 + items, that will eventually become open to casuals in the next expansion :D
This just plain sucks balls with T2 being given to everyone, cos even if you join late season and have a 27k cap, you can get T2, but until you earn that 27k conq points, other players will still have an advantadge, why not just remove it and make skill beocme the focusing point of pvp, as it should be? there is a reason wow arena is no longer in MLG it's because its a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Really nice changes imho.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]