The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

90 Human Paladin
Got one issue that came to my mind.
I play pvp with honor gear. I get 27k conquest points. At this point i buy 1st tier gear with honor and then i use the conquest points to upgrade it to elite. means i have elite set when others have normal
I hope this issue will be adressed somehow.
I dont think you even upgrade gear. Just stack up 27k conquest and buy elite gear. They need to make the requirement 27k spent not earned imo.

You need to remove the conquest gains from bg's if this goes live, idiots botting for huge conquest on alts by midseason, GG Blizzard.

Nice. Very nice indeed. Now allow us to continue our conquest cap after arenas from random bgs like before and it will be awesome.

not with current botting levels, noty. :/
Game shouldnt be designed around bots though. They should just fix bots with captcha for now and work on a better long term solution.

One more thing, since conquest points will be the single determinant in acquiring gear the weekly cap difference between arenas and RBGs should be removed. Otherwise no matter how good you are in arena it would be better to do RBG for gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
18/01/2013 11:08Posted by Draugarth
I'm glad to hear it's working, but imagine suddenly removing any gold requirements for Challenge Mode gear. Just require us to do them for X amount of time. The PvE'rs would feel as frustrated, as it is their cosmetic thing.

Elite Armor was ours. We had to reach 2,200 and PvE'rs had to get Gold.

Im glad to see you're in the process at least to implement something for us.

I hope it is at least something that you can actually notice. I don't even look at tabards to be honest. CM is sweet with the proc effects and everything and I really think PvP should be at the same level as it is so far behind on PvE love-wise.

Edit: The problem for me is that they are planning to implement this in the new season even though it is not finished yet. I think it would be much better to think it through properly before throwing it in. Just look at what happened to DS LFR.
The tabard is just an example. We got a RECOLORED set each season. Now they ditched the Tabard for Elite armor. It was fine, it required you "some skill" to obtain.

Is there any other news you can share us, Nakatoir? Even if you say you're in the process, I think I am not the only PvP'er who feels left out that PvE'rs get cosmetics whereas ours was given out to free to anyone who plays their cap each week. 15 weeks with default arena cap, 13 with RBG. I wouldn't mind to get Challenge Mode gear for free if I was to do valor cap 15 weeks in a row.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
So the only motivation of getting high rating will be a title?
That's kinda lame tbh.. I do agree about the difference in gear shoulndt matter so much in PvP but why not award high rated players with something else then just removing their rewards almost completly? This really doesnt make me wanna do more PvP it actually means I will be doing less PvP cause I wont fall behind anyway with the increased Cap per week.

To bad they had to come up with this solution ... :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Catering to kids and casuals as usual.

Bring back WOTLK rating requirement IMO.

Most active expansion in PvP ever. Never underestimate the carrot on a stick, especially if it increases your power.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
18/01/2013 11:15Posted by Gulsane
Catering to kids and casuals as usual.
Reply Quote
This change + the vanity items should be cool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
this is !@#$ retard 2k rbg player can get t2+ elite gear faster thant +2.3k arena player? hahah good game!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So we've nothing to aim for now ?

cool, might not just resub anymore. Having nothing but Gladiator to aim for isn't fun.

Do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
18/01/2013 11:19Posted by Cptparasret
this is !@#$ retard 2k rbg player can get t2+ elite gear faster thant +2.3k arena player? hahah good game!

exactly this still needs change.
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Druid

Game shouldnt be designed around bots though. They should just fix bots with captcha for now and work on a better long term solution.

fix bot problem first then introduce these changes, which are pretty creative and cool overall, ppl already botting 24/7 for just honor and a bit of conquest atm, after this & midseason the problem is going to get 10,000x worse.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
You can improve yourself by gaining glad or r1 perhaps ?
I don`t see really what is the problem with this change. It`s highly unlikely that any high rated player will have problem with this change.
High rated players always fought against people that are in elite gear it does not change really anything.
So you forgot the main thing here.It does not gear that makes you high rated its skill that you have if its gear > skill we would be all gladiators every single season.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
MiR
This change doesn't even make sense. Why change something that's worked for what? 5 years? I can maybe understand giving them the t2 weapon, but why the gear set? They haven't even earned it. There's no stat difference between the elite set and the normal set, so why give it to them? This is the only way for good players to set themselves apart from bad players when you look at them on a glance.
Another dumbass change from a dumbass blizzard. No clue about how pvp works at all. GG.
Catering to retards, kids AND casuals as usual.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Wow so basicly ive got to grind my life away to get something i can earn...

wow since i have alot of IRL things to do I.e work,Karate where i travel to Portugal, italy , ireland across the uk for tournements week in week(where i earned 3rd place in the british open and first in the irish open) , freinds etc etc ill like play this game once, twice for a few hours at a time a week out i dont have time to farm my gear hense why i haven't capped in the last 3 weeks so your rewarding people that have no life this game#

so whats going to happen is people are gonna get elite gear before me since they sat behind there computer desk 24 hours a 7 days a week and you even post you should take the game in moderation this is just gonna have people grind there lifes away on the game to get the gear when they dont even deserve to have it due to the lack of skill, now i feel like there was even a point of even trying to improve myself in my game play since you can get what you want from grinding there should be some advantage for being better than people surely.

like for me in karate i train to be better than people to get what i want (medals tropheys etc) whats the point of trying to be good at something where there is no need since you can grind it away, are you trying to make the game easy or something? you giving into about 80% of the people that cant earn there rating and QQ about it being hard if i said it was to hard id be told if you dont like it get out so id get on and do it in karate simply as.

giving into people will not create a better pvp, it make people not try and push rating it will just make them log on cap and log off since they can get what they want from doing so, is there any point of being better than someone in this patch? its like the reason i train is to be better to get a advantage, removing the aspect of a advantage(i.e weapon) might aswell be no point in playing/training

excuse any grammer issuses as im dislexyic so... dont dis

#boby
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The only way for good players to set themselves apart from bad players its rating (title) quit crying like t2 means free title or something.
Reply Quote
76 Draenei Death Knight
Step in the right direction at the expense of players' time and fun.

Some may do like the changes, so I can only express my personal point of view (though I know I'm far from alone):

I do NOT like the two rated forms of PvP in this game. I realised this in early TBC so I entirely skip this portion of the content. I found Arenas boring and extremely limiting.

But I love (normal) battlegrounds - especially the large ones like AV, as they provide so many options to apply creativity and strategy. And I love world PvP.

So I'll be stuck with the Malevolent gear. I hope it narrows the current gap at least to some extent. If it's not enough and doesn't give me enough chance against arena/rbg players, well I'll have to look for fun somewhere else.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Death Knight
Great change, I believe this will bring many more players into PVP.
Getting high rating will still be worth it for the higher cap and seasons end rewards, maybe they can add a vanity item or two.
RBG vs Arena cap needs looking at though.
Edited by Vengerz on 18/01/2013 11:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
18/01/2013 11:29Posted by Kidjoli
The only way for good players to set themselves apart from bad players its rating (title) quit crying like t2 means free title or something.

¨well u havent achieved 2.2k on arena so i understand u :p i dont care about t2 its ok if they get it but the elite gear is different etc.. its ok change but also !@#$ change
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The Blue has left the building. How unexpected.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why are people complaining about people getting similar looking gear?

Do you realise that for PVE players, people doing just LFR get the same looking gear as people doing Heroics raids?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This change doesn't even make sense. Why change something that's worked for what? 5 years? I can maybe understand giving them the t2 weapon, but why the gear set? They haven't even earned it. There's no stat difference between the elite set and the normal set, so why give it to them? This is the only way for good players to set themselves apart from bad players when you look at them on a glance.
Another dumbass change from a dumbass blizzard. No clue about how pvp works at all. GG.
Catering to retards, kids AND casuals as usual.

You must be very bad at reading. New elite gear has higher stats than normal gear. So there are 3 tiers of gear. Now, was it really hard?
Edited by Qoning on 18/01/2013 11:36 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]