The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

90 Undead Death Knight
Are you talking about current Elite Set gear? In that case no it is the same as Malevolent.

Edit: except like mentioned before the T2 Wep.
Edited by Draugarth on 18/01/2013 11:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You can improve yourself by gaining glad or r1 perhaps ?
I don`t see really what is the problem with this change. It`s highly unlikely that any high rated player will have problem with this change.
High rated players always fought against people that are in elite gear it does not change really anything.
So you forgot the main thing here.It does not gear that makes you high rated its skill that you have if its gear > skill we would be all gladiators every single season.
Some people already have every PvP achievement obtained.

End of Season is only where it matters for titles. You can grind a team up, but it wont matter since you got to play a lot end of season.

We were stripped of our only "improve to x and obtain cosmetics" thing. I don't care about Tier 2 weapons, but I care about cosmetics.
Edited by Røøted on 18/01/2013 12:01 GMT
Reply Quote
76 Draenei Death Knight
In resume:

1) In 5.2 we are increasing the farming factor to new space rocket limits. ("You thought you can rest now boy? Think again lolz!").

2) Arenas and RBG are now 100% bottable.
Edited by Helexis on 18/01/2013 12:03 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Great PVP changes!

Why not make similar changes in PVE instead of making it harder for late PVE comers to begin raiding?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
^

whats the point in cosmetics if there nothing to keep you on top of the game? its like earning something but its not worth earning in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There should be another Rank of Elite Sets for the 2,2 Rating.

You do realise that the blog just said that it is not as simple as rating will be something that will grow for everyone that plays over time, right? I mean mid-season 2.2k could as well be the new 1.5k. So where do you put the treshold? Do you make it float? So one week you can purchase your elite gear, but as soon as wednesday drops, you are below the floating point? You are seeing this too simple. Elaborate or be deemed a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
18/01/2013 12:05Posted by Qoning

You do realise that the blog just said that it is not as simple as rating will be something that will grow for everyone that plays over time, right? I mean mid-season 2.2k could as well be the new 1.5k. So where do you put the treshold? Do you make it float? So one week you can purchase your elite gear, but as soon as wednesday drops, you are below the floating point? You are seeing this too simple. Elaborate or be deemed a troll.
Which means it eventually becomes accessible to everyone.

Which isn't a bad thing. Also, it depends a lot on how much the rating inflation will be. You're saying as if you know exactly how the system works.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
18/01/2013 12:05Posted by Qoning

I think you're over-examining the post. A lot of people just deem it senseless to have "Elite" gear that is available to pretty much everyone (where is the 'Elite' in that).
Sure new vanity items can be cool but the concept of Elite Sets for high(ish) rated players has worked for so long, so why change it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So what blizzard is saying is: First we made sure that everyone who worked hard to get to Grand marshal in vanilla, lost their cool title because they made RBGs which are 10 times easier to obtain than the vanilla Grand Marshal title.
Now they make sure everyone who got 2.2/2.4/2.7 rating, loses that nice rating because they will inflate the system so hard that at the end of the season 2.2k will be the noob rating so that at the beginning of patch 5.3 everyone can feel good about having something that everyone has.. WoW cool, everyone is equally ownage :D YEUYYYY everyone has same gear and is so special YEUUYYYY
Edited by Artifecta on 18/01/2013 12:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
After reading it all I think it's a good change, and about time this was done.

The only thing that seems really odd for me, maybe just because of how much it'll change and how long I've been used to the way it currently works, is that elite gear will be accessible to anyone past a certain amount of conquest (which I think is good to be honest), it's now going to become a whole new tier set for players to use instead of a cosmetic reward for achieving high ratings (minus the weapon/s), if I understood correctly.

Even though it's rather late of Blizzard to add this, it should have been added a long time ago, even before MoP, I'm glad changes are being made that are in the right direction and hopefully they'll be implemented and executed well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Looks alright, though what is the chance that they'll come up with yet another system in 5.3?
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
You can improve yourself by gaining glad or r1 perhaps ?
I don`t see really what is the problem with this change. It`s highly unlikely that any high rated player will have problem with this change.
High rated players always fought against people that are in elite gear it does not change really anything.
So you forgot the main thing here.It does not gear that makes you high rated its skill that you have if its gear > skill we would be all gladiators every single season.
Some people already have every PvP achievement obtained.

End of Season is only where it matters for titles. You can grind a team up, but it wont matter since you got to play a lot end of season.

We were stripped of our only "improve to x and obtain cosmetics" thing. I don't care about Tier 2 weapons, but I care about cosmetics.

But dont you realize that wow's problems are much bigger than just: get to 2200 and get some elite cosmetic gear?
At the moment its so bad that when you see someone in elite gear, you're kinda naturally thinking: !@#$ing cheater..
Wintrading, boosting, people literally buying their rating with lots of rl money, people getting to a quick 2200 and then sitting on their rating and not even pvp the entire season etc etc etc.
I think this change is aimed at fixing a lot of these problems at the same time, whether that will be succesful depends on blizzard and how serious they will act against cheating.
But in the end the goal is to improve pvp participation and people actually pvp'ing for fun instead of getting to 2200 and then not be active the entire season just so they can stroke their epeen.
Atm elite gear is useless and has lost all its value.
You used to actually look up to people with a certain title. Now its just that everyone and their idiotic mother can get that title/ elite gear by just cheating their %^- off.
So maybe this is a good change if they at the same time act against cheating, and add something nice and really meaninful for people getting high rating?
Reply Quote
76 Draenei Death Knight
... When I thought about the whole thing a bit more, I can say I'm quite pleased with the changes.

I'll just farm arenas in semi-bot mode and I'll be full Elite Conquest eventually.
I do prefer to "farm" normal bg's as this won't be farm at all (I like normal bg's and chaos in general), but oh well...

Thumbs up from me.
Keep up the awesome work.

We, who are about to farm, salute you!
Edited by Helexis on 18/01/2013 12:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yes I know it's "you're", thank you. I was just making a little joke. Again, I am FINE with making T2 Weapons more accessible but NOT the Elite Sets which provide no stat increase as of now.
Yes, I also know the Tyrannical Elite Sets will be better than the normal ones however, then there should be another Rank of Elite Sets for the 2,2 Rating.

aye i'm all for that. i don't really know why they'd remove the rating requirement for purely cosmetic gear, and it's one of the things i think people would want in the game anyway. like someone else said i would think they will change that before it goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
@Draugarth

why do you even bother to complain?
you have 245 arena wins, hardly any arena achieves.

just dont even bother, seriously
this is a great change for all of us except boosters.
so just be happy and realize that for once blizzard has actually listend to us
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
@Draugarth

why do you even bother to complain?
you have 245 arena wins, hardly any arena achieves.

just dont even bother, seriously
this is a great change for all of us except boosters.
so just be happy and realize that for once blizzard has actually listend to us

That's because I play RBG and yes there I am only 1,9 too but in the process of setting up an amazing group for this weekend and next week to push. My point is the cosmetic sets no longer being a thing. So why do I bother to complain? Because Arena is not the only form of PvP out there.

Edit: competitive PvP, to put it better.
Edited by Draugarth on 18/01/2013 12:48 GMT
Reply Quote
Maybe atlast people will stop whining that they cant get 2.2 cus everyone the face has t2, hah
Reply Quote
I thought pvp was Player Vs Player, no a fashion contest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I like it..

Only thing we'll have to see is how the rating inflation will turn out, especially with achievements and such.
Like will it be 2k max at the start of the season and 4k rating at the end?
Or more like 2.5k max at start and 3k at the end?

though 'max' is a wrong word for it but you know what i mean.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Ye this isnt a fashion contest, so dont give fashionnable rewards..
Now pvp players will get nothing in return for being better..
You can remove the levels from pvp and just let a lvl 1 play lvl 90 arena with just his dagger..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]