I am one of those players, and i am glad that there is an option for us to progress a bit faster.
However i feel punished and hold back for wanting to be better :'(
I do my dailies, all of them every day, i do my random heroic, LFR, etc..
The only thing stopping me is the valor cap. It is not even balanced.
- If you do your dailies each day that is like: approx 30 dailies x 5 valor point = 150 valor points
- One week = 150 x 7 = 1050 valor points
- Daily heroic = 80 x 7 = 560 valor points
- First weekly raid finder = 90 valor points
- All bosses = 45 valor points x 17 = 765 valor points
- Daily scenario = 40 x 7 = 280 valor points
And many more to sum up bringing my weekly earn valor points to 2745 valor points.
The cap at the moment is 1000 while an item is in average somewhere around 1300-1500 valor points.
This means that for doing my best ill be lucky to get 1 item every 2 weeks.. while i have put in more effort then the earnings.
If you buy for example Sunspeaker's Flared Gloves it costs 1750 which means 2 weeks working and then i have 250 left .. than i need to work 2 weeks again to get something else. This being said i also lose 1745 valor point each week.
Surely you guys can either raise the valor cap OR lower the valor point requirement... i can't even upgrade my items cuz i will not have enough to buy an item then.
This is being painfull to a lot of people and i rly hope that you guys look into this matter.
Ps: i'm still a big wow-fan non the less the pain i get from this ;)