How strong is Cleave comps going to be in 5.2?

90 Undead Warlock
What's your prediction on 5.2? With the nerfs to Mages and Warlocks overall making them pretty useless classes Shadow Priests seem to be the only caster to survive the armsrace against melees.

How strong will cleaves be in 5.2, as they already mongo you down with unhealable damage making you feel completely worthless when you play.

I refer to cleaveclasses as:
- Warriors
- Deathknights
- WW Monks
- Rogues
- Hunters
- Feral Duids
- Enhancement
- Retribution Paladins

Ferals and Warriors are getting some pretty substansial nerfs, however, not where it's needed really, in the damage department.
Warriors and Ferals will still stack 4-6 offensive cooldowns and try to down you train you down with damage no healers can do anything about, except perhaps a Shaman NS crit for 300k.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Mages and Locks getting pretty substantial nerfs sure tones down almost every good caster cleave comp out there. I would say melee cleaves will rise and I prolly will be rolling a melee class too. Rogue maybe since I have quite lot practice with that class already or paladin to be the healer in melee cleaces
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DK/WW/healer is going to be !@#$ing sick, tons of damage and healing suppression. Also, Rogue/DK/healer is going to be good too, great burst every minute plus all the control/utility the rogue brings, you can easily lock someone down with that comp. I can't talk about the other classes, but Ferals and Warriors are definitely going to take a huge hit, with the Shockwave/2nd Wind/Cyclone nerf. No moar kittycleaving.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Must of missed the nerfs which make Mage's and Locks useless, what are they?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/01/2013 03:41Posted by Mírion

People think they'll be useless without blankets/blood fear removal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Maj its fine we just need to tone down all CC to a level that is below cataclysm. That means that all new CC has to go and that we need to reduce from that point. You see warlocks lost shadowflame and baseline coil and coe is pretty lol now at 30 procent. Overall cc nerfs including silences, lockouts of all kinds including stuns. We need less than in cata way less.
Reply Quote
People think they'll be useless without blankets/blood fear change

03/01/2013 03:37Posted by Mobius
DK/WW/healer is going to be !@#$ing sick, tons of damage and healing suppression. Also, Rogue/DK/healer is going to be good too

personally looking forward to playing with a rogue.

but while huge buffs to WW / Rogue.

still no real address to DKs being one of the most squishyest targets around. i dunno conversion might be useful. doubt it tho.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Useless might be the wrong word but my estimation would be severely crippled.
I want Blankets and Blood fear gone as much as anyone else but compensation, imo atleast, is needed since it was stupid abilities like that which enabled you to do anything versus meleecleaves.

Warlocks will most likely struggle alot, they already do as they are getting a survivalbility nerf aswell.
Mages are also getting survival nerfs on top of the counterspell nerf.
Currently Mages and Locks seem to be the hardest trained classes in the game since they are so easy to shut down. With the nerfs to their survival, the buff to some meleeclasses and insufficient nerf to others where it's needed I fear tunnelvisioning from melees will be worse than it should be.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Ferals will rock the ladders
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Death Knight
Much better than caster cleaves, I don't know ele got buffed so maybe we'll see things like ele spriest hpalla? Enhancement+ rogue sounds sick or WW+ enh, strongest comp? Interested in seeing how spriest WWmonks hpalla turns out rofl not an actual cleave though
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
While I agree that blankets where bad and in the end led to casters training healers a bit too easily, I also think that sometimes that cheesy gameplay was the only way to counter even more cheesy gameplay of e.g. kfc or kitty/warrior cleave. Now that we don't even have CoC nova or high burst due to fireblast nerf, I'm not sure where this will go, it will be interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My prediction's would be Rogue + WWmonk + Healer.
Or Warrior + WWmonk + Healer.

Any cleave will really work though.
One problem with most cleave classes seem to be their survival though, atleast DK's, Rogues, Enhancement and WWmonks whom just seem to flop as soon as you look at them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Gonna roll a RLS/shadowcleave as soon as I find some time to play.
Edited by Xezbeth on 03/01/2013 15:25 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
If thing will go live as they are now, I'm betting everything on sub rogue and unholy dk + healer.
Wound Poison + Nerve Strike + Necrotic Strike = healers killing machines.
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Death Knight
The only good thing though, is that every season that goes through the caster vs meele arms race got more and more out of hand with casters getting the top (s10 mls, s11 dot cleaves would have been everything if not for rogues with legendaries)
Now that blizz toned casters down meeles can be top for a while but then cleaves are still cheesy, hopefully they'll tone down meeles and we can all enjoy arenas again rofl
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I certainly want a game where all classes are playable. All speccs is debateable as it would cause more problems than anything I think.

For one, tanks should not be viable in Arena, that's it.
All classes should have 2, or atleast 1 very viable specc to PvP with.

Casters weren't really out of control in S8, though they were extremely popular back then. RLS, ATC and to some extent TSG's with Shadowmourne were very potent.
However, I would agree that Casters were ridiculous, specially Elemental Shamans.

S10 was problematic due to the Legendary Staff mainly. Specifically when it had 15% procc Chanse and Mages shattered you for obscene numbers. Warlocks pressured the whole team and got most to 60-80%, Mage shattered someone down to 10-20%, target got finished.
S11 saw the rise of Dotcleaves, here Cunning was the problem which pretty much enabled a fourth dot to all dot classes and made the whole team take damage equal to 3 players pressuring your whole team.

Now when Melees have gotten tools to control casters to a much greater extent, Casters have LOST their toolkit to control melee, PvE gear is completely out of the way and there is minimal ways to shut down a melee or keep him away from you, casters for the first time in very long are really beginning to struggle.

Alot of people would say that this is justified, but I would rather have a game where everyone can play, and not just mongoloid cleaves who build a tunnel around their eyes and sits on a target til it dies or they lose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2013 03:41Posted by Mírion

this...
Reply Quote
...? I think nothing will change to the ladders after the nerf. Nothing. Just a few extra Ferals cause damage is very good, but since the nerf might go live that might not happen.

I dont see many changes
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/01/2013 01:48Posted by Deadandlivin
With the nerfs to Mages and Warlocks overall making them pretty useless classes

hahahaha,, where do you base this on? your own assumptions? never ever will a class be useless lol especially lock or mage xD
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
TSG is gona be sick next patch, 30% Healing nerf, 25% Healing MS Debuff, Necro Strike GG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]