Ring of peace CANT GO LIVE.

2 Gnome Rogue
Forms a sanctuary around the target for 8 sec, causing all enemies to be silenced and disarmed within 8 yards.

they can cast it on their teammates

you cant trinket it

melees cant peel [disarmed ]

you cant get away from it monk has too much mobility and you are being silenced

when everything looks good in 5.2 ! why blizzard why you have to put this ability and ruin the perfect patch monks already get many buffs isn't it enough ? at last make it cast on the ground like ring of frost or smoke bomb so the monk or whoever have it cant follow you for full 8 second silence/disarm with no way to get out of it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because they want people to play they're new class, cuz they put so much time and efford in making it. Don't worry, it will only take them 1 month to realise it needs changing and 1 more month to act on it. It should be over around summer
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
omg. finally they buffed monk. leave monk alone , i want to see monk in arena they are rares in hight rated arena
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I don't think monks needed this buff... they do fairly well in 2v2/3v3 (my friend is a rare breed, a skilled dps monk) and he kicks !@#... They may need something to be a choice over smthing else in RBGs, but in arena, they are great.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
To be honest I absolutely do not know what to post.

Just the fact that someone thought that an unpeelable AOE disarm and silence will enhance PvP makes me speechless. And the fact that the other developers frankly took them seriously, rather than saying "lol joke of the month" makes me even more speechless.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I understand they wan't people to play monk, but this is trough the roof. They have enough interrupt's, stuns as it is and now this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The problem with this spell is that you can put it on the enemy healer, and he can't do anything about it for the whole 8 seconds, offensively its a mess, defensively I *could* see some sort of way for it work (aka you peel the person who has the RoP), but realistically it has to be a 'safe zone' with no movement allowed on the RoP , perhaps a slightly lower duration (4-5 seconds) and it wouldn't let spells fly into it from outside it and it would disarm anyone who entered it, it could then be used skillfully offensively and defensively instead of being totally retard proof.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
18/01/2013 12:10Posted by Coccinella
They have enough interrupt's, stuns as it is and now this.

1. we got one interrupt
2. if we choose rop as a talent we got 1 stun.

18/01/2013 12:07Posted by Dreadmight
but in arena, they are great.

nope.

Rop will most likely not make it through the ptr as it is right now if it does then just wow..
Reply Quote
you are right, it can't.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
soku always saying monks are doing crap quite a few monks streaming at 2.4k+ rating i dont see them doing bad they seem really good and are actually fun to watch way better than the boring kfc tunnel vision streams
Reply Quote
Community
We are very aware that Ring of Peace is quite an overpowered ability right now and we are still working on it quite heavily. Expect to see more changes coming for Ring of Peace soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Duration needs to be significantly reduced. Such an ability, at 8 sec, can easily be the difference between a crushing defeat and an easy recovery to victory.
Reply Quote
9 Human Warrior
18/01/2013 12:21Posted by Pudger
The problem with this spell is that you can put it on the enemy healer, and he can't do anything about it for the whole 8 seconds, offensively its a mess, defensively I *could* see some sort of way for it work (aka you peel the person who has the RoP), but realistically it has to be a 'safe zone' with no movement allowed on the RoP , perhaps a slightly lower duration (4-5 seconds) and it wouldn't let spells fly into it from outside it and it would disarm anyone who entered it, it could then be used skillfully offensively and defensively instead of being totally retard proof.

^ This basically.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I'm glad to hear it will be worked on. The way Ring is now, the rest of that tier might as well not exist because it's obviously much stronger than even an aoe knockdown (go figure).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
18/01/2013 13:05Posted by Nakatoir
We are very aware that Ring of Peace is quite an overpowered ability right now and we are still working on it quite heavily. Expect to see more changes coming for Ring of Peace soon.

Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The spell has the wrong name anyways. Wouldn't one potential solution be to have it actually affect all players and base the spell around its name?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

wow thank you, an actual positive blue response and not the usual side step

much respect mate :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Hmm, from what I remember of the early beta, u wanted to give this retarded spell to the Monks, but it was made as a AoE Paladin Bubble -.- (With a lesser cd, a longer duration then the Pally bubble, and no 50% less dmg debuff too). So the next idea was to make it a aoe silence and disarm that u cant do anything about.... God helps us with the next idea that Blizzard gets regarding this spell...

Funny how u cant think of anything reasonable.

LF Monk and Rogue to play triple dpz next season!... Should be a ez r1, Rogue puts us into stealth, we get to the healer, aoe silence, kill in a smokebomb with all cds and collect titles.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Thank lord. You're my favorite CM by the way.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

In your face FOTM rerollers. And they thought blizzard will fail once again and implement it.

Its good too see that you are actually listening to feedback now, unlike in MoP beta when every single warlock told you not to implement blood fear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]