Heroic Strike

90 Orc Warrior
-Taste for Blood has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage or the target dodges, and no longer interacts with Heroic Strike. It now requires level 20 (was level 50).

-Slam now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%)

Soooo... Basically in a normal rotation with average rage gains, not really going that high...

We only use Heroic Strike if you are generating a lot of rage but don't have enough downtime to use on a Slam? I hope I am missing something out here folks. Or Blizzard dun goofed.
Reply Quote
You are not missing anything.
Heroic Strike won't be worth using, unless you generate that high amount of rage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
From what I was reading, Heroic Strike should be used in conjunction with Overpower because together, they're costing the same as Slam (30 rage + 1 GCD), but do more damage. But yes, if you're rage-starved, I would drop HS in favor of Slam.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So Heroic Strike will be doing exactly what it's meant to do: Dump excess rage. I don't understand why people go ape!@#$ about it not being something more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
04/01/2013 23:57Posted by Selkäsauna
So Heroic Strike will be doing exactly what it's meant to do: Dump excess rage. I don't understand why people go ape!@#$ about it not being something more.

Indeed. Never been a fan of HS as a major attack. Perhaps they should bring back the old Deadly Calm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/01/2013 10:45Posted by Milankö

Indeed. Never been a fan of HS as a major attack. Perhaps they should bring back the old Deadly Calm.

Would be a bit sick for especially SMF Fury, but I've been thinking that too. Maybe if Avatar was morphed into an old Deadly Calm-type of CD? Dunno, maybe if they fix the problems in PvE and PvP first.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I am not going insane about the damage that Heroic Strike does but more about what Taste for Blood did. If I was able to do 5 Overpowers in a row, with each one triggering the next then I could hit a potential 500k on a Colossus Smashed target, with no GCD discounting the Colossus smash GCD.

But in a rotation with average Rage build, I don't actually see Heroic Strike being used apart from a rage dump, as it can't really be used as a filler due to low damage. Slam on the other hand, that is an intense filler if you can spare the GCDs, which is generally possible if you have those seconds of downtime.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/01/2013 12:05Posted by Selkäsauna

Would be a bit sick for especially SMF Fury, but I've been thinking that too. Maybe if Avatar was morphed into an old Deadly Calm-type of CD? Dunno, maybe if they fix the problems in PvE and PvP first.

I wasn't around for the old Deadly Calm (or I can't remember it) because this character is only a few months old, so could you give me a brief outline as to what it was like?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
05/01/2013 22:24Posted by Camzaman
I don't actually see Heroic Strike being used apart from a rage dump
You realise HS is actually supposed to be the ability we use to dump excess rage so we don't cap? That is the very purpose of it for Prot and Fury, and only reason it wasn't for Arms was the TfB mechanic, which meant Arms lacked any sort of proper rage dump for high rage situations and lots of procs going on.

I wasn't around for the old Deadly Calm (or I can't remember it) because this character is only a few months old, so could you give me a brief outline as to what it was like?
Skills costed no rage for 10 sec, 2 min CD. Basically you spammed the !@#$ out of everything in your arsenal, including HS. Wasn't anything major either, and fairly boring as far as CDs go.
Edited by Kaikuri on 05/01/2013 22:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Well, its a fine tuned issue, now it will be worth more to do an extra slam even though its on the gcd. HS will just not happen unless the warrior is in berserkerstance during a heavy dammage income, and that would just make any raid healer or pvp healer rage on the warrior with the phraise "Go defensive stance you damn Warr noob so you dont die."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The reason why I am confused is the fact that I can't see Blizzard in a way removing a core ability from having any use in a rotation where threat generation is low.

After this patch as Arms Heroic Strike would ONLY be used if you need to dump rage off of the Global Cooldown, but if we had lots of rage and time to waste on the Global Cooldown, would we be better off spending the rage on Slam or Heroic Strike?

I can understand though the fact we will from time to time need to dump rage off of the Global Cooldown, but apart from that have they removed Heroic Strike from play? (Looking at this as an Arms Warrior point of view).
Edited by Camzaman on 06/01/2013 17:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/01/2013 13:25Posted by Nukedukem

Well, its a fine tuned issue, now it will be worth more to do an extra slam even though its on the gcd. HS will just not happen unless the warrior is in berserkerstance during a heavy dammage income, and that would just make any raid healer or pvp healer rage on the warrior with the phraise "Go defensive stance you damn Warr noob so you dont die."

You high? Of course a DPS warrior will go to Berserker Stance during consistant, high raid damage. The DPS you can put out in that kind of situations (Elegon last phase for example) really beats the 25% damage reduction you get from Def stance, which also gimps your damage output.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]