Pet Respawn 5.2

90 Human Warlock
Just a quick question about the changes for pet battles in 5.2. Dont know if im miss understanding this becuase ive not seen another post about it. But one part says pets that are killed in pet battles will never respawn.... does this mean that there is going to be a point when all the pets may be dead? wont this make it very difficult to get pets in the wild. Im probably reading it wrong but thought i may as well ask if anyone else knew.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm pretty sure what it relates to is that with the coming of 5.2 you will be able to enter/re-enter wild pet battles without the fear of the pet despawning, for example if you want to swap in a particular pet before battle commences that is strong against the particular wild pet you up against.

The bit you are referring to with regards to never respawn, this means that in said wild pet battle any pets you kill if you leave the fight will still be regarded as 'dead' if you rejoin to fight the same pet again.

Well i think that's what it means! hope it helps clear things up for you.
Reply Quote
This particular change (Any pet that has been killed in a pet battle will now never respawn), is not related the pets you use in the battle, but the pet you fight against out in the wild.

So, your pets will be unaffeceted and not going anywhere if they do die :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
what it means is that if you kill a rare in a 3 pet battle, that specific rare wont respawn if you relog/flee battle/whatever it is people do, and you'll have to find a new rare spawn. it doesnt mean pets stop respawning forever, just that one pet you just fought.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I feel like that's a terrible change.

I once had the "luck" of finding a Minfernal and I killed it by mistake trying to get it low.

If I'd do that in 5.2, finding a rare pet, and by rare I mean really really rare, and killing it by mistake, I'd probably smash the computer screen to pieces. Should I send the pieces back to Blizzard HQ for reimbursement?
Reply Quote
if you smash your computer because of a computer game, you should be spending your time on something else and take an anger management class.
Edited by Xinto on 19/01/2013 17:24 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
using too high level/too strong pets/mindlessly dotting pets you want to capture should have consequences. pet battles are supposed to be strategic mind you :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
If you dont take a turnip while rare hunting, you are gonna have a bad time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I feel like this should be explained better. the way i thought of it when i was looking at patch notes is that: IF you enter a pet battle at mage tower and kill every single pet there.. then they will never again respawn in that location. but that can't be right? hopeing i am wrong about that thought :P
Edited by Madbever on 19/02/2013 15:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Guys, you are completely misunderstanding the blue.

Lets say it looks like this:

Failteam attacks a group of highlevel wild pets, 2 commons and a rare, kills 1 common and is smoked by the rare. Wiped

Bandaging up and trying again. Instead of the enemy team having fully respawned, theres now only 1 common and a rare left. As the first common already was killed.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Guys, you are completely misunderstanding the blue.

Lets say it looks like this:

Failteam attacks a group of highlevel wild pets, 2 commons and a rare, kills 1 common and is smoked by the rare. Wiped

Bandaging up and trying again. Instead of the enemy team having fully respawned, theres now only 1 common and a rare left. As the first common already was killed.

This is clearly wrong. You will never fight a team of wild pets with less than 100% hp and three pets. Instead, the pet of the opposing team that you killed will be replaced by another pet when you restart the fight.
Edited by Sweetcreek on 19/02/2013 22:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Such a stupid change. How i'm supossed to find blue pets now??
This makes all the pet thing completly boring. WHAT IF I need an specific pet and i need it BLUE (OF COURSE)?? try to find everyday a (writeapetnamehere) for peharps a week?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mayornesa, it is still possible to find blue pets, that hasn't changed. All this change means is that if you fight a wild pet with a rare quality in the team but lose or kill the rare you won't get a second chance at that team by logging out or fleeing from the fight. So you will have to find another rare quality pet.

I.E. there are no do-overs so take care when trying to capture a pet you want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]