Why MoP ruined the game for casual players

90 Gnome Monk
14/01/2013 18:42Posted by Draztal
You want gear? Do dailies. You want quests? Dailies. You want end-game content without raiding eight days a week? Dailies, dailies, dailies.

You want gear?
Do heroics, Raid Finder, Scenarios, upgrade items, PVP (for PVP gear, of course)

You want quests?
Do the quests you haven't finished while leveling through Pandaria. Or yes, do dailies (let's not forget it's "daily quests").

End-game content without raiding:
Pet battles, Scenarios, Heroics, Challenge Dungeons, PVP.

And in any case, casual players can still play the game just as always, at their own pace. There's no requirement for you to have everything at a particular pace (especially if you aren't really on the raiding competition).

You want pvp?

Too bad, because season is already halfway anyone with half a brain will beat you because of the ridiculous gear difference currently..
39 Undead Rogue
14/01/2013 18:46Posted by Nessaya
Tell me, how may i work for gear if i would like to avoid dailies?

Join a proper raid team.

You want pvp?

Too bad, because season is already halfway anyone with half a brain will beat you because of the ridiculous gear difference currently..

Just talking about arena? There are BG's as well.
Edited by Corripio on 14/01/2013 18:48 GMT
90 Blood Elf Priest
You want gear?
Do heroics, Raid Finder, Scenarios, upgrade items, PVP (for PVP gear, of course)

You want quests?
Do the quests you haven't finished while leveling through Pandaria. Or yes, do dailies (let's not forget it's "daily quests").

And in any case, casual players can still play the game just as always, at their own pace. There's no requirement for you to have everything at a particular pace (especially if you aren't really on the raiding competition).

Like i said before this is the real reason people complain:
It's not mandatory in any way to do dailies, that's just a bunch of bull.
It's just a bonus if you want to obtain gear faster.
The problem is that players want the rewards for being exalted (usualy a mount).
Let's compare the faction mount rewards in MoP to Cataclysm:

Cataclysm- 7 factions and 3 obtainable mounts
Mists of Pandaria- 11 factions and 19 obtainable mounts

Though i still agree with the fact that the gear rewards are a bit too powerful. Still doesn't make it mandatory to every PVE player, but if you are an active raider i would kinda say it is more or less.
Edited by Affinitti on 14/01/2013 18:50 GMT
90 Goblin Death Knight
The game is for casuals

k bye
90 Orc Rogue
The game isn't the problem here. The problem is you not having enough spare time. Simple as.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Being a teacher is like being on vacation. You got plenty of time to play.
14/01/2013 18:47Posted by Corripio

Join a proper raid team.

You cant work for guaranteed gear in a raid, as its still rng.

Any other idea?
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
The reality of the matter is that WoW has always been a casual game really.

When Vanilla released, people thought WoW was casual because, because compared to Everquest II, the grind and the time needed to invest in your character was pretty small in comparison.

Times change, but WoW remains a casual game by comparison to its older self. But unlike many games out there, it does have quite a few elements that appeal to more hardcore players as well.
Edited by Danellos on 14/01/2013 18:53 GMT
39 Undead Rogue
14/01/2013 18:51Posted by Nessaya

Join a proper raid team.

Any other idea?

Yes, keep on trying, this is a game of RNG and if that is the main issue I would consider another avenue of game rather than another avenue of armor.
Casual players ruined the game for normal players. Also this word "Casual" It could mean a number of things. One being Lazy players. Another being noobs who want things easy.

I mean look at you for example. You're a tank with strength gems. You have no enchants. So you obviously put no effort into the game.

Sorry but I have a problem with this message, the OP is just giving his opinion. There's no reason to talk with such prejudices. Casual players are the normal players. I think the lazy people are a group itself.

Another thing, why would he enchant his gear since he is a 'normal' or 'casual' player? Does he have (near)end-game gear? Nope. Does he have the time to earn loads of cash? Nope.

Anyways, I think blizz has gone a bit to far with this one. They should bring a balance between dailies, dungeons and tabards. Make every dungeon kill while wearing a tabard good for just 1 reputation for example, just a small boost to help some people. Another possible solution is bringing the ilvl for LFR down to 467. This means you will still have to upgrade some gear with JP (which is a pain to get!) but not everything. Or no upgrades at all and just a few Daily-quest armor pieces.

I think lowering the LFR-ilvl is a good alternative. Afterall it still takes a while to get a full LFR set because there are many people in a single group. By doing this you still give people that are willing to do their dailies a small advantage to the other players, I mean, they have their 're-roll charms' !

Regards,
14/01/2013 18:52Posted by Danellos
Times change, but WoW remains a casual game by comparison to its older self. But unlike many games out there, it does have quite a few elements that appeal to more hardcore players as well.

Yeah, thats what made the game successfull, i believe. That a lot of different people got adressed by it.

Any other idea?

Yes, keep on trying, this is a game of RNG and if that is the main issue I would consider another avenue of game rather than another avenue of armor.

So you got no real replacement for daily questing as a possible source of time dependend progression?
90 Undead Warlock

You want gear?

What should i do if i was a complete unlucky, and i would get no drop at all from 7 weeks of lfr?

The same way everyone else did when LFR didn't exist and you got unlucky in proper raids - man up and either

a) Decide that that gear is important enough for you to do content you don't particularly love, to get a reward you really want
b) Have a stiff upper lip and put up with the fact that if you put in less effort, you get less reward - but you get to do exclusively content that you like, so it doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer.

Simple as that, a cost-benefit analysis. Either the gear is important enough for you to do a few minutes of dailies each day, or it isn't that important.
90 Draenei Hunter
14/01/2013 18:42Posted by Draztal
You want gear? Do dailies. You want quests? Dailies. You want end-game content without raiding eight days a week? Dailies, dailies, dailies.

You want gear?

You want quests?

Yes, but the main problem still exists.
Daily quests being the only way for reputation was, is, and will always be BAD.
At least in Cata we had choice : those who didn't want to do dailies had dungeons, and those who didn't want to grind dungeons had dailies.
Bring back rep tabards ? Yes. But bring some limitations. BC system was good, reputations tied with dungeons. It could easily be back in MoP : Niuzao Temple would give Shado-pan rep, Temple of Jade Serpend would give August Celestials rep...
What should i do if i was a complete unlucky, and i would get no drop at all from 7 weeks of lfr?

The same way everyone else did when LFR didn't exist and you got unlucky in proper raids - man up and either

a) Decide that that gear is important enough for you to do content you don't particularly love, to get a reward you really want

So i would have to do something i dont like in a game?

Wouldnt that just feel like a 2nd job i would have to do then?

Why shouldnt i ask for options instead to make the game less tedious on a time dependend progression path?

b) Have a stiff upper lip and put up with the fact that if you put in less effort, you get less reward - but you get to do exclusively content that you like, so it doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer.

I dont ask to put in less effort, i ask to be able to put in other effort than daily questing.
Edited by Nessaya on 14/01/2013 19:06 GMT
14/01/2013 18:58Posted by Shandz
Daily quests being the only way for reputation was, is, and will always be BAD.

Why is this the case?

If you want the gear purely for progression terms, LFR is readily available and you won't have to go through reputations, you can also get some 496 items from crafting (though I bet those won't be exactly cheap if you need to look for a crafter you don't know at all).

Other than gear, what the reputation is giving you access to right now is just vanity items. On which case, why do you think it's unfair to invest some time leveling the reputation of those factions that offer you a vanity reward you want? (especially considering that, thanks to Grand Commendations, it doesn't take as long to raise reputations to Exalted as it did during 5.0).

If you want the gear purely for progression terms, LFR is readily available and you won't have to go through reputations, you can also get some 496 items from crafting (though I bet those won't be exactly cheap if you need to look for a crafter you don't know at all).

LFR: rng
dailies: not rng

How to work for gear, and what is the use to vp, if you dont daily quest to remove the gating?

Infact you ask those people who should opt out of daily quests to disable the complete time dependend progression path based on vp and rely almost entirely on rng.

Is it that what you want people to do?

What about alt-players? Do you really want every char to repeat the complete 5.0 daily quest grind to remove the gating?

What is happening with the current vp items from factions in 5.2? Are they going to cost justice points or are they continuing to cost valor? And if last, do you want returners to go thru the complete 5.0 daily quest path to be able to work for vp gear?
Edited by Nessaya on 14/01/2013 19:23 GMT
90 Draenei Hunter
Dailies gate you, whereas dungeon tabards and BC-system don't.

I much prefer the BC, or LK-Cata system, that doesn't gate you. I prefer dedicating, let's say, one day to grind one faction, by doing dungeon runs, grinding mobs, maybe doing some dailies, and then be off with it (for example I blasted from friendly to exalted with Skettis in less than 2 days), than doing the same quests every day for a stupid amount of time (Golden Lotus says hi, but the commendations kinda compensate it. A little.) and losing the interest.
Edited by Shandz on 14/01/2013 19:20 GMT
I dont think that the tabard system was good.
But i also dont think that the daily quest system is good.

The game designers changed from one extreme to another.

From bad to even worse.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you so casual, stop complaining and play the game casually? You ruined it for the normal players so quit yer whining.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]