Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
15th february
Edited by Laziestdog on 15/01/2013 09:12 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
15/01/2013 09:12Posted by Laziestdog
15th february

Most definitely not. Patches come on Wednesdays, so if anything it would be the 13th. Though I'm betting on it not having been announced and you just spouting off a date.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It is 100% most definetely due out on a day with a 'Y' in the name.
Reply Quote
27|02
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
soon
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
When it's ready
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Soonish
Reply Quote
Community
More interestingly, what do you think would be a good date to launch 5.2?

Do you think the majority of players are already “finished” with the current content? Where do you think most players stand in terms of PvE and PvP progress right now?
What rules do you think we should follow when deciding to launch new content?
Should it be a fixed linear time cycle?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Right now man.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
15/01/2013 14:57Posted by Taepsilum

Tomorrow... Tomorrow would be a good date.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
27/2.

Do you think the majority of players are already “finished” with the current content? Where do you think most players stand in terms of PvE and PvP progress right now?

I think launch date will be best when the PTR is flawless. In meantime add something to make people finish their rep grind in a quicker way, so that even the casuals/rerollers can get them finished more quickly to catch up. And pre-patch the +loot drops on pre 5.1 raids to speed up gear gain.
That way everyone will be ready for 5.2 when it hits.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well.
I think it's running pretty well atm concerning Patch Updates.
What about 5.2 hitting the Servers around the beginning of march?

If i consider my guilds current progress i would appreciate that so that we can at least clear Heroic Vaults and take a look into heroic HoF before the new content approaches.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
MoX
Halfway March seems like a good time. The amount of PvE guilds actually done with the current tier is very small (only 175 to date), and 6 months from the launch of MoP seems like a good time, from a Raider PoV. Can't really speak for the more casual players of course.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
15/01/2013 14:57Posted by Taepsilum

It's not up to us. Blizzard launches their patches/games to coincide and overshadow their competition. They did that with 4.3 and Swtor, 5.0.5 and GW2, 1.0.7 (diablo pvp patch) and Path of exile (a much better rpg then diablo 3), etc

It's safe to say that 5.2 will drop around the expected GW2 content patch in February.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Okay. I got to recall my first message. A good date to launch 5.2 would be the day at who playing hunter requires some kind of skill again. Hitting a single macro, jumping around like crazy while using deterrence is pretty far from that.
Oh wait...target issn't down yet? Let's just reset all cooldowns and try again...

Jump..Jump...Scatter Shot...Ice Trap...Jump...Deterrence...Jump...WINNING
Edited by Rushii on 15/01/2013 15:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
As soon as possible - I want a new PvP Season because you cant start pvp in a middle of one. No way to catch up. Gear is just to good
Also Id like to have some monk buffs :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
You were 6 months between raid patches in Cataclysm, which I felt was reasonably good spacing. The only fly there were the short instances. That formula only really works if you have an ~18 month expansion though, otherwise everything tends to zero once the final boss is dead, .

If it is going to be another 2 year expansion, I would much rather have 8-8-8 than 6-6-12.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I believe the allure of the class changes and perhaps the new daily content is what most desire. I'd be perfectly happy with postponing the release of the new raid content to a later date especially since I'd presume most haven't cleared current raid content. I'd say though the majority have finished all (or gotten the most out of) current single player content (dailies etc). But the class changes and something else to do, besides raiding couldn't come sooner (in my opinion)

But besides the release date, the current speed at which blizzard wants to release new content seems to have improved considerably, even if it isn't major changes. Small little extra things every few months is the best way to keep subscribers, especially with the age WoW has now become, it's content which will surely keep the subs going and the best way to compete with other MMO's
Edited by Diisogo on 15/01/2013 15:20 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]