loot system broken!

90 Night Elf Druid
i have now tryed for 9 weeks to get Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector with extra roll and it will not drop for me as Guardian Druid!
i dont know if there is a bug or i am extreme unlucky!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Blizzard rng is not rng...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The chance of you nothing getting anything at all from 9 LFR kills + 9 bonus rolls is about 5%, the chance of not getting a specific item from the boss in question is of course, higher.
Nothing strange going on here, you're just unlucky.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i have seen people getting the items on atleast 30% of there extra rolls and we have a shaman in guild he has gotten Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker this 3 times the last 4 weeks!!

i think the chance of loot in LFR need to be prio to how many times you have done a boss ! so the more times you have done the boss the chance of getting items chances getting higher!
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage

i think the chance of loot in LFR need to be prio to how many times you have done a boss ! so the more times you have done the boss the chance of getting items chances getting higher!

Correct.

This is effectively how things work in organised raiding. The drop chance might not change but there is a far higher drop chance compared to RF and how dropped loot is distributed between team members plays a key role instead.

The more kills you get, the more chance you have of getting the item you need. This is because your team mates get gear and stop competing against you plus you are earning more DKP (or whatever system you use) and moving to the top of the pile.

RF on the other hand does NOT have separate systems for the drop chance and then the distribution of items that do drop.

It only has one flat roll chance and that chance is exactly the same on the 30th kill of that boss as it is after the 1st kill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

How boring would that be. To know that you get the item after X amount of tries. Hillpaw prize chicken as an example I have tried both 30+, and 4 times to achieve my goal. RNG sucks at times for sure, but it lessens the YES!!!!!!! factor, if guarenteed the drop.
Edited by Malcovas on 17/01/2013 18:52 GMT
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage

How boring would that be. To know that you get the item after X amount of tries. Hillpaw prize chicken as an example I have tried both 30+, and 4 times to achieve my goal. RNG sucks at times for sure, but it lessens the YES!!!!!!! factor, if guarenteed the drop.

1, Increasing the win chance over time would not guarantee the item after X amount of tries. It would just better copy the win chance profile that organised guild players have. I know all too well from days in an organised guild that this doesn't guarantee loot at all. It does however help with your motivation when farming the last few pieces as your chances are far better than they were on day 1 of the tier. The RNG still remains for those that like it....but see point (2).

2, The "YES!!!!!!!!!! factor" is something that only people with the gambling gene experience. This is not a normal response. Those of us without that wiring set-up in the brain and who are not attracted to gambling (or prone to the risk of addiction) do not get the adrenaline/dopamine rush that those with the "gaming wiring" get when winning something under an RNG system.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Ive had 2 normal mode Kilrak, and 1 LFR Kilrak, and I want the axe. They both drop from the same boss so I have to keep spending tokens and keep getting Kilraks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
There are 4 items on tsulong's table for guardians: Gloves,belt, staff and trinket.
Assuming the 15% chance to win an item that people thing it is the chance on lfr you have 3.75% chance to win the staff on a roll.
The chance to not get the staff after 18 tries is 0.9625^18, which is a bit higher than 0.5. Which means a bit more than 50% of the bears with 9+9 will not have gotten the staff already. Unless there is something different like the staff having higher chance to pop up when you win, which is highly unlikely you are not extemely unlucky, it is expected.

Actually there is a 2% chance that you will not get the staff after 100 rolls which is not low at all and I expect that people will fall in this category..........
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
17/01/2013 16:37Posted by Evelake
Nothing strange going on here, you're just unlucky.

Depends on how you define "strange". You don't think there's anything wrong with a system where you can roll 18 times for an item and not get it?

I myself have rolled a total of 21 times now on Lei Shi for the damn gun and not gotten it. I can tell you that killing her and the two previous bosses 15 times is both tedious and extremely NOT fun. I wouldn't go back to that damn dungeon EVER if I didn't have any other chance for that stupid gun or anything equivalent.

Random loot SUCKS. End of story.
Reply Quote
17/01/2013 18:30Posted by Ghostdancer

On Patch 5.2, the bag containing gold will also have other goodies added to it. Hopefully it'll serve to lessen that feeling of walking out the LFR with empty hands (and some gold).

The developers are also discussing some long term solutions about the consistency of drops on LFR, but unfortunately, at this time, we don't have anything specific to share.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Done LFR today, didn't see ANY loot at all except the bag of coins. This loot systems sucks (was the same last week). I rather see the gear drops and goes to other people then seeing these bags of coins...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just on the topic of RNG. Just because you don't get your own item, doesn't mean it's bugged, or Blizz hates you. It doesn't just apply to LFR either. I have needed the belt from the Stone Dogs, and the bracers from Feng since the start of raiding and they haven't dropped for my group in 13 weeks of kills. However, in the other raiding team in my guild, they have both dropped several times.

RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
18/01/2013 18:59Posted by Draztal
The developers are also discussing some long term solutions about the consistency of drops on LFR, but unfortunately, at this time, we don't have anything specific to share.

I would say that being able to buy every piece of gear with VP would go a long way to feel less affected by RNG.

Of course part of the issue are the legendary questline where you need the sha touched weapon. A recommendation would be to have legendary quests involve rings and trinkets, until the final part where a legendary weapon is actually handed to you.
Reply Quote
after running lfr for 4 weeks on 4chars, I have to say I finally got lucky on my hunter and obtained one item! that is a total of 17 bosses(including sha) x4chars = 68 chances of loot per week x4 weeks = 272 boss kills in total over 4 weeks, to obtain 1 item. I'm done with this LFR, done with daily's. Only time I'm still logging in is to get my weekly cap and weekly normal clears with the guild (due to officer duty) Seriously MoP = worst expansion so far, and completely annihilated ALL the fun I had with friends. Thank god tera is becomming f2p, and seriously has a less flawed system.
Edited by Ixzo on 18/01/2013 19:51 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
18/01/2013 18:38Posted by Brassbearde
Depends on how you define "strange". You don't think there's anything wrong with a system where you can roll 18 times for an item and not get it?
Oh, I may not *like* it as such, I'm in a similar situation with certain daggers on my main, but once you look at the actual numbers involved there is no reason believe that it isn't working as intended.
RNG is just RNG, same as it's been since the beginning of WoW.
Edited by Evelake on 18/01/2013 19:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
18/01/2013 19:50Posted by Evelake
RNG is just RNG, same as it's been since the beginning of WoW.

Thank you, I know that. I've been playing WoW since it launched in europe in february 2005.

The point isn't wether RNG is RNG or not, it's that RNG for loot is a crap system. It kills the fun of the game when you go on week after week without getting what you need and there's no other alternative loot, and no other boss to kill for the same loot.

I have one leftover gold coin, do I want to run terrace LFR one more !@#$%^- time, kill the council and then that flying worm yet again just to get slapped in the face by Blizzard's stupid RNG and be "rewarded" with a gold bag and no gun yet again? No. But I'm gonna do it anyway. Not today perhaps. But I will, because I have no other choice. And that's BAD.
Reply Quote

On Patch 5.2, the bag containing gold will also have other goodies added to it. Hopefully it'll serve to lessen that feeling of walking out the LFR with empty hands (and some gold).

is it possible to have the vendor price of all items = the gold in the bag i hate getting items i already have or better, but its worse when they are worth less to the vendor than i can get out of the gold bag

i feel more of a loser if i win a item i already have it and the vendor price is "18g" belts for example are worth less to the vendor than you can win out of the gold bag
Edited by Gridleson on 18/01/2013 20:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i have now tryed for 9 weeks to get Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector with extra roll and it will not drop for me as Guardian Druid!
i dont know if there is a bug or i am extreme unlucky!

maybe you already know/do this but: you can do that boss multiple times a week to get the staff, as long as you got elder charms to roll (only the first kill of the week gives you also the normal chance to win an item)

It's what i did to get my weapon asap. had 6 elder charms at the time i finished my gem and my weapon still didnt drop. joined terrace each time and on my 5 kill that week i got it)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]