Service Disruptions: 17/01/13 - Updated

Community
Update 3: We have now resolved the latency and loss of connection issues that have been affecting some realms. We will be continuing to monitor the situation and hope that this did not disrupt your play experience.

Update 2: The issues with Cyclone battlegroup appear to have been sorted and we are now working on resolving some remaining issues that have appeared for Outland.

Update 1: The issues with the Vindication battlegroup have now been resolved, it seems however that issues have now arisen for the Cyclone battlegroup. We are currently investigating and will update you when we have more information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to technical issues players may experience latency or loss of connection on the below realms.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience while this is being resolved. Realms possibly affected:
Edited by Nakatoir on 17/01/2013 16:02 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
this is a problem on more realms than just those listed. blackhand lags out every time you try to loot a quest item, talk to a quest npc, enter a dungeon, loot mobs in dungeons.... and more
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
getting these problems on silvermoon as well, looting can suddenly freeze up screen and sometimes attacking does the same
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
that's it, I quit
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Draenei Shaman
Latest tweet says that the Vindication battlegroup is now resolved, but latency issues under investigation for Cyclone battlegroup:-

Earthen Ring

Ravencrest

Runetotem

Shadowsong

Shattered Hand

Silvermoon

Skullcrusher

Spinebreaker

Stormrage

Stormreaver

Stormscale

Terenas

Thunderhorn

Turalyon
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Where do I find these tweets?
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Draenei Shaman
17/01/2013 12:58Posted by Lemie
Where do I find these tweets?

Follow https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN
Reply Quote
Community
As mentioned already by Shammoz, the issues with the Vinidication battlegroup have now been resolved; it seems however that issues have now arisen for the Cyclone battlegroup. We are currently investigating and will update you when we have more information.
Edited by Nakatoir on 17/01/2013 13:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Cannot log in to stormscale, can anyone else confirm this?

Getting stuck on 90%
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
Read what Shammoz and Nakatoir said.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
That's latency issues, not being able to log in is different?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Outland has mad lagg also :s
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
17/01/2013 13:14Posted by Anarchy
That's latency issues, not being able to log in is different?

17/01/2013 11:20Posted by Tyiliru
Due to technical issues players may experience latency or loss of connection on the below realms.

Stormscale, Turalyon, Silvermoon and Ravencrest are experiencing the same issues which affected the realms in the Vindication battlegroup earlier. The issue you describe is indicative of a connection problem, which as per my second quote above is most likely related to the issues Blizzard is currently experiencing.
Edited by Doomsinger on 17/01/2013 13:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Twisting Nether should be on that list. Me and a lot of other people in my guild have had a lot of lag and latency in the last couple of weeks. Also a lot of people in my guild have had DC problems that they didn't use to have.

My self I used to play with 25-35 ms latency, but during the last couple of weeks it's around 100 ms (only my latency in wow that has gone up, it's the same as it used to be in other games).

And our realm forum and on the Technical Support forum there is a threads about the huge lag everybody on Twisting Nether seems to experience in Orgrimmar and other places in game.

A few quotes from does threads:
"unplayable atm, really annoying"

"Ye i just had to do some bussines last night in Orgrimmar and the lag was so anoying,i just took the Zep for Undercity.I think this lag is getting worse after the realms broke down the last weekend."

"The lag is insane right now. Really unplayable. it took me legit 2 minutes to load Auctioneers. This needs to get fixed and fast. its not even this bad on stormscale..."

"same issue I have 9000 world ms in capital cities"

"I've tried re logging, waiting 10 minutes, done all the deleting cache etc, this along with the ever worsening lag in Ogrimmar where its now pretty much unplayable imo."

"No I don't want to take 3 seconds + per item to retrieve mail or move items from bags to bank, no I don't want to wait 3 second + for the npc's or mailboxes to actually appear"

"Trade chat, guild chat are full of comments from people about these issues, so please lets not pretend its all our end, the problem is obviously something your end"

"This isn't a localized issue and everyone on the server is experiencing the lag from what i am hearing. I can't even go to orgrimmar during normal hours and the only time it gets bearable is at 4am server time when no one is on."

"I've been experiencing this lag in Orgrimmar for over a week, Jade Forest is an issue now as well."

"Well i have just factory reset my £2500 gaming rig 1ce wow is installed ill tell u if i still have issues. if i do. its blizzard lol Im on twisting nether and it sucks bum atm"

"Jade Forest is worse now, can't level my Shaman at all."
Edited by Ater on 17/01/2013 13:54 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Outland has same problem.......
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Kazzak laggy.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
17/01/2013 13:42Posted by Chéster
Outland has same problem

This is being looked into. :)

Other realms should be fine now.
Reply Quote
Community
The issues with Cyclone battlegroup appear to have been sorted and we are now working on resolving some remaining issues that have appeared for Outland.

*Strange voice over* More news as it develops! *Dah nah num*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
17/01/2013 13:56Posted by Nakatoir
The issues with Cyclone battlegroup appear to have been sorted and we are now working on resolving some remaining issues that have appeared for Outland.

How about the issues with Twisting Nether, are you working on does?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I installed some of the game yesterday and except from the first time logging in it didn't ask me for my authenticator even though it asks for it for my account management page. I can't download any of the game with the launcher now and when i run wow from the exe i can't login at all. Maybe that's all tied together. I hope you can fix it soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]