please lock people to dungeons for 5 minutes

90 Night Elf Warrior
10/01/2013 14:08Posted by Elviryn

Wow really? Thats awesome! Havent used RDF since the begining of MoP, and in any case never in a group in need for more than one person.
Those are some good news! Might even use RDF a bit more next expansion :P
Since the beginning of MoP? As I recall correctly, this has been fixed at least since the Zandalari heroics :P

Ehm there, you got me, i dont do RDF's and Lately LFR's (since 22nd of November). Still your not so fresh news are good news to me :)
Now if they fix cc, remove schatchels (i never got even one though i tank since 2007 and heal since 2008), remove the Luck of the draw buff, make RDF loot system similar to LFR and create REAL heroics with better loot than RDF's version, then we really talk business!

Or they did those things already and i missed it too?
Reply Quote
because they don't want to do it?
therfore why queue in the first place.

they do it for a certain item off a certain boss from a certain dungeon and they queue specifically for that dungeon also and regardless of that item dropping they will leave

i done it while gearing my monk when i had a few spots that were below 463 still have 450 shoulders but they drop off final bosses so...
Edited by Gridleson on 14/01/2013 19:37 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Random is random but getting scholomance around 50% of the times makes my oke lets do a herois 7/10 happy to a -10/10 score. Thus nowaday`s if people don`t wanna do it ach run i just leave, so sick of that place and shadowpan monastery... Oh if you lok me 5m i speedkill first boss then afk:p
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/01/2013 18:09Posted by Muddler

me: "Yay I love playing wow, let's do an instance" - Current fun level 8/10
wow: "Average wait time, 1min" - Current fun level 9/10
me: "Sweet! I hope it's not Sunken Temple again for the 8th time in a row" - Current fun level 8/10
wow: "DUH-NA-DUUUUUUH..." - Current fun level 9/10
me: <click> - Current fun level 10/10
wow: <Sunken Temple loading screen> - Current fun level 1/10
me: <leaves instance group> - Current fun level 1/10
blizzard: u mad bro?
me: <logs an alt> - Current fun level 10/10
Pretty simple really.

An elaborate way of demonstrating that you weren't prepared to fulfill the obligation that you signed up for: A random dungeon.

I suggest you sign up for specific ones. You'd save yourself and others some hassle.

What he said is the prob some dungeons are not even random anymore. Why can`t th ebloody system recognize oh he got x dungeon already 5 times now lets search fr anathor. Nope i with scholomance 6th dungeon gz again scholomance! loaded in > insta leaved.
Reply Quote
Community
Getting a 30 min deserter debuff doesn't stop them, what makes you think they wont just AFK or teleport out of the dungeon instead?

Which means you will be stuck for 5 min, without a tank and no chance of replacing him.

This sums it up pretty well. Bottom line is we can’t force players to do things they don’t want to do, and why would we want to do that anyway? It’s a game; you should only do what entertains you.
Before anyone changes the topic to “yeah but we’re forced to do dailies”, I do understand that the game sometimes requires players to do things that they might not enjoy so much in order to be able to reach some things that they do.

Ideally I would like to see every aspect of the game to be as entertaining as possible to every single player, but there are 2 problems with that:

- One, everyone is different, different tastes turn this into an impossible task.
- Second, whenever you create different types of content, there will be people that will choose the content that seems to follow the path of least resistance towards an objective (example: gear).
So if you have two paths to gear, one fun, one tedious, if tedious is somewhat faster or easier than the fun path, some people will still take that route even if it goes completely against their preferences.

The trick here would be to make every kind of content that shares a similar objective to take the exact same amount of time and effort, now, not only that is highly utopic as sometimes players like the objective but don’t like the path, so they will take that path anyway to reach the objective that they do enjoy. The only solution to that would be something highly uninteresting and dull, which is make every path present the player with a choice from all the objectives that exist. But then everyone would only play and experience a very small portion of the game.

Personal experience: memorable things almost never derive from something that is fast and easy. That’s why players have so fond memories of vanilla, it took them ages to get gear from something like Naxx, and that in return, brings us feeling of value and worth to those moments, but I remember very clearly how frustrating it was for some players to be wiping for weeks/months and farm mats/gold for consumables for several hours every single day.
I’m sure that wasn’t the most entertaining experience for a lot of people, but it was for others. That allowed them to reach the objective they wanted, which was to kill an extremely hard boss and get his precious loot.
The game is always evolving and we keep trying to make the “paths” as entertaining as they can possibly be, but I don’t think there is a design that will fit with every single player’s tastes. For example, there are some that actually enjoyed that nonstop farming and wiping even then, and this is not just due to nostalgia, they did enjoy it during that time.

TL;DR - Wouldn't work. {◕ ◡ ◕}
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The sheer amount of work Blizzard has to put in defending the Dailies is just amazing. If only they spend that energy on making better endgame rather then forcing everyone to grind.

15/01/2013 13:58Posted by Taepsilum
The trick here would be to make every kind of content that shares a similar objective to take the exact same amount of time and effort, now, not only that is highly utopic as sometimes players like the objective but don’t like the path, so they will take that path anyway to reach the objective that they do enjoy.

People are forced to take the path since Coins and Rep are exclusive to dailies. You see the problem?
Edited by Monkylord on 15/01/2013 14:09 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Its quite simple, some dungeons just suck major ballsack.

Shado Pan Monestary, i refuse to do this place anymore.. due to the following reasons:

While leveling: A full run provides sub 2 mill experience for half an hours work

At lvl 90:
Its not fun hitting a panda till it reaches 1 hp and walks away in every single aspect of the dungeon.
Killing the Sha-trash doesnt allow me to use halo as it would pull more groups and essentially wipe a badly organised group.
When tanking i find no joy in tanking these random targeting mobs in several rooms - as they have no real aggro table.

Hence;
I leave this dungeon whenever getting it!
Edited by Syeníte on 15/01/2013 14:15 GMT
Reply Quote
16 Troll Shaman
Its quite simple, some dungeons just suck major ballsack.

Shado Pan Monestary, i refuse to do this place anymore.. due to the following reasons:

Pretty much. In terms of gameplay and excitement level the Master Snowdrift event is definitely the new Halls of Stone/Tribunal of Ages where the mobs just die before you can even finish your rotation or get more than 2 ticks of AoE on them, yet you must still sleep through it because it's on a timer.

Don't get me wrong, the HoS event actually had some merit lore wise, but this one? Nothing.
Edited by Cenotaph on 15/01/2013 14:23 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Hence;
I leave this dungeon whenever getting it!

I wan't them to give us the option to leave daily quests and do dungeons. We want options, not shoehorning.

15/01/2013 14:22Posted by Cenotaph
Don't get me wrong, the HoS event actually had some merit lore wise, but this one? Nothing.

Killing monkeys and mogu every days is just an amazing way to tell lore?
Edited by Monkylord on 15/01/2013 14:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What is Blizzard's opinion on a player reputation system?

A system that would reward good behavior for pugs, and discourage bad behavior. At the end of each instance, you could get a list of players and you could either choose thumbs down, neutral or thumbs up.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. I'm sure they could be worked on and tweaked.

You could begin on a neutral, and go either hated or exalted depending on what you do. Making this visible to other players could 'enforce' positive behavior, since other people (in their realm, for example) would not want a 'Hated' reputation player in their guild/pug.

Some sort of clever thinking would be needed to disallow abusing of the system though. Like you're limited to a number of votes per day, and this number increases as your reputation increases as well. And a player can be voted only once per day per account, and each similar vote (up or down) from other players that are not in their party would need a 30 minute break between each vote to prevent mass voting.
Edited by Scrolls on 15/01/2013 14:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
getting rather sick of people leaving an instance at the start, esecpailly hard to find things like tanks and healers.
they spoiling it for others.

While I DO agree that leaving an instance at the start is somewhat impolite and selfish, I can also accept some of the reasons brought up in this thread.

Avoiding only certain dungeons but basically being ok with the rest or avoiding to run the same dungeon over and over. When signing up for a random dungeon you can usually expect to avoid those situations, so leaving the PUG as a result of that broken expectation is somewhat understandable.

I've also seen the healer drop out when he got the item he queued for after the second boss.
That DID annoy me a bit for a second, but we got a better replacement anyway.

However, i have extremely low tolerance for complaining about it being made harder by the lack of tanks and (to a lesser extend, at least in my experience) healers. It's your personal decision to roll a pure DPS class. I KNOW that when i queue up as DPS i will not have an instant PUG, so I either accept that because I really want to play my DPS and stay queued, or I switch to my tank (-spec or alt) and solve my and 4 other people's problem.

(Or i convince my wife that her prot really needs to queue - doesn't always work :))
Reply Quote
7 times out of 10 when i do my daily random for valor on any of my 5 chars i get scholo so i just automatically leave it, im sick of getting it

my randoms consist only of siege scholo both scarlets these are the main ones

ive had jade temple once and brewery once and gate twice
Edited by Gridleson on 15/01/2013 15:02 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The sheer amount of work Blizzard has to put in defending the Dailies is just amazing. If only they spend that energy on making better endgame rather then forcing everyone to grind.

The trick here would be to make every kind of content that shares a similar objective to take the exact same amount of time and effort, now, not only that is highly utopic as sometimes players like the objective but don’t like the path, so they will take that path anyway to reach the objective that they do enjoy.

People are forced to take the path since Coins and Rep are exclusive to dailies. You see the problem?

No. You are not forced. You can gear up for LFR and from LFR to real raids without ever touching a daily quest. Coins and rep help but you are not forced in any way. You just chose the tedious grind because it is faster / easier for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Ideally I would like to see every aspect of the game to be as entertaining as possible to every single player, but there are 2 problems with that:

- One, everyone is different, different tastes turn this into an impossible task.
- Second, whenever you create different types of content, there will be people that will choose the content that seems to follow the path of least resistance towards an objective (example: gear).
So if you have two paths to gear, one fun, one tedious, if tedious is somewhat faster or easier than the fun path, some people will still take that route even if it goes completely against their preferences.

QFT.
Unfortunately this is too long to put in my MMO-C signature.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/01/2013 08:01Posted by Muddler
And that addresses the OPs point how? And as to 'generosity'? Oh please.

At 477 ilvl most tanks will be doing more damage than him.

As a hunter, if tank leaves your group, you can just go and start killing trash (or even bosses) with your pet tanking. They hold aggro pretty solid (at least they steal it from me all the time) and healer shouldn't have any issues keeping them up.

But keep the option to leave group instantly as it is. Nothing ticks me off more than joining a dungeon and having someone go 'brb'.
Reply Quote
[quote="62968566447"quote]

But keep the option to leave group instantly as it is. Nothing ticks me off more than joining a dungeon and having someone go 'brb'.[/quote]

sometimes that cant be helped its a rare occurrence but you can get a unexpected phone call just as u enter the instance
Edited by Gridleson on 15/01/2013 15:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I´m just thinking loud here.

is seems to me ppl leave after a boss if he do or do not drop the gear they want/need

one solution cut be to have some sort of Loot in the end of the dungeon instead of on ea boss?

another cut be to make the loot table more like the panda rare all rares in one zone can drop the same base gear and then have a 10% chance of dropping something extra witch is unique to the npc so have all dungeon bosses drop the same gear, then ppl won leave because the for some reason only wanna do a specific dungeon but still choose random.

a third cut be a combo of both?
all bosses drop same gear in all dungeons.
at the end there is a small chance (like in LRF just better chance ofc) to get something specific to the dungeon you are in but its a reward for completing it.

just some thords
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you join random scenario or random dungeon and get drawn with Una Ingoo or Siege of Nizuao temple, you should be able to leave without deserter debuff. Game should just understand that these instances are horrid and it's unfair to make you do them imho :)

Oh and why not give Valor for specific dungeons? Why would i want to go do Siege of Nizuao for 80 valor when I hate it, and Gate of Setting Sun actually has an item I like and could use and it's quite fun? Why can't I just choose GSS, get my 80 valor from there? You want the game to be fun, and making me do horrid instance is not fun.
Edited by Vickii on 15/01/2013 17:12 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
15/01/2013 16:40Posted by Ranaonu
one solution cut be to have some sort of Loot in the end of the dungeon instead of on ea boss?

You are talking here about people who are after one specific thing, so unless you are giving them a reward which is greater than what they want they will not stay. Right now we have VP, but it's still not enough to make people not just specific dungeons for a few people.

all bosses drop same gear in all dungeons.

Having too large a loot table makes people frustrated when the same thing they already have drops over and over again. Better to have a small loot table which they can go for specifically. I don't think that you are aware of just how much loot dungeons have, from a quick search it reveals 200 items.

at the end there is a small chance (like in LRF just better chance ofc) to get something specific to the dungeon you are in but its a reward for completing it.

Be very careful what you wish for. You are trying to prevent people from getting offspec gear without using the actual spec. Meaning that if I want healing gear on my druid, the only valid option would be to enter a dungeon in full agility gear and hope that we can somehow make it to the end and then hope for a loot bag to drop.

just some thords

My thought is that you are blowing things out of proportions. I don't think the people who are leaving because the gear they wanted didn't drop is such a big issue that I would try to force them to stay.
Edited by Elathin on 15/01/2013 17:23 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
15/01/2013 17:09Posted by Vickii
Oh and why not give Valor for specific dungeons?

Because then people would sign up for specific dungeons all the time, leaving a very small player pool for the less liked dungeons (which eventually just means the longest). This would be a problem for people who actually need something from these dungeons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]