I honestly hope Blizzard never brings back rep tabards.

90 Pandaren Monk
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Hunter
So instead of running HC's+tab to get rep/VP you now run dailies to get rep+VP. Not sure why one is prefferential over the other and really cant see why they dont allow both options. Other than artificially extending the life of content of course.
Reply Quote
While I don't mind dailies, they can become a bit boring. The same quest over and over for a few points of rep per day, not my idea of fun really. Tabbards were a welcome alternative to dailies when you get bored of doing the same thing over and over.

I would actually like them to be brought back, at least it offers an alternative.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
While I don't mind dailies, they can become a bit boring. The same quest over and over for a few points of rep per day, not my idea of fun really. Tabbards were a welcome alternative to dailies when you get bored of doing the same thing over and over.

I would actually like them to be brought back, at least it offers an alternative.

Or maybe the community should come up with something nifty.... rather than dailies or rep tabards.
Edited by Gromorion on 16/01/2013 07:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Or maybe the community should come up with something nifty.... rather than dailies or rep tabards.

The thing is, 99% of the people will say "GIEV REP TABRDS", and the actual useful posts with something new will be drowned out in "REP TABRD PL0X!"
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Paladin
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what they want, not what the community wants.
Edited by Ravness on 16/01/2013 08:16 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
16/01/2013 02:18Posted by Xuelin
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.

Finally someone who understands it.

It was either horrible to grind the rep or it had no value at all. I was exalted with every faction in WotLK simply because why not change tabards once in a while when I am already grinding heroics for points? It had 0 value for me. I did not even buy anything from those factions. Worst design ever.
Besides that I got no story at all from those factions, I had no clue why they were there. You can argue dailies now don't have much story either but at least a lot more than when I slapped on a tabard and did Violet Hold for the 50st time.

There were also no other options to obtain valor (or whatever currency it was back then). Now you can once in a while do some dailies for some valor and coins instead of only doing heroics. Especially the state heroics are in now I would have probably killed myself before doing more of them. Variety people, variety.

If you don't like them then don't do them and live with the fact you don't get valor gear and coins or just go through the grind and be done with it. Once you got everything to revered you got plenty of coins also and it is just a couple of weeks work and after that you can just focus on other parts of the game.
Reply Quote
Whats the difference between spamming instances and spamming daily's?

16/01/2013 08:20Posted by Forlin
It was either horrible to grind the rep or it had no value at all. I was exalted with every faction in WotLK simply because why not change tabards once in a while when I am already grinding heroics for points? It had 0 value for me. I did not even buy anything from those factions. Worst design ever.

Now, change all heroics to dailys... kinda same... Im exalted with all mop factions, no fun at all...
Edited by Vusu on 16/01/2013 09:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what the majority want, not what the vocal minority wants.

Fixed that for you.
Edited by Jezahbel on 16/01/2013 09:22 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warrior
I'd actually like if they added reputation tabards. But instead of having them grant a the huge amount of rep, they did in Cata, then reduce that by 50% and make a cap on how much reputation you can gain in one day through dungeons, and then have daily quests for the rest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
16/01/2013 08:16Posted by Ravness
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what they want, not what the community wants.

QFT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
16/01/2013 09:22Posted by Jezahbel
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what the majority want, not what the vocal minority wants.

Fixed that for you.

If they did it like that, there wouldn't be any CRZ. So Ravness' answer was the correct one.
Edited by Làdysylvanas on 16/01/2013 09:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
16/01/2013 09:27Posted by Làdysylvanas

Fixed that for you.

If they did it like that, there wouldn't be any CRZ. So Ravness' answer was the correct one.

CRZ works as intended. It brings life back in to empty zones. Vocal minority whining about having to compete for herbs and mining.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
16/01/2013 09:22Posted by Jezahbel

Fixed that for you.

And thats a good thing, i mean they proven to know what works in Gaming and what not. The "vocal minority" probably has not the best track record when i comes to released games and their success.

Keep it up Blizzard, this change was for the better! Hitting exalted should never be something you can do in a couple of hours except maybe for obsolete fractions IMO. Beeing exalted should take at least some effort!

And as an (semi)hardcore raider i can certainly asure that the gear doesn't make a big difference when there is so much viable PvE alternatives (Dungeon HCs, [EventBosses,] Scenarios, WorldBosses, Crafted Gear and PVP!). And often reading some class guides can boost the performance by far more then a 10 iLvL upgrade ;)
Reply Quote
16/01/2013 09:44Posted by Suu
Beeing exalted should take at least some effort!

And where is that effort in doing dailys? Quests are boring mostly couse we need to do same crap every day... You call that effort? How about 2 months, 8h per day of doing quests to hit lvl90? Its stupid that you can hit lvl90 in less then a week... I think removing gold from quest rewards would be also a good idea. More effort ftw! Its game, it should be a fun not just boring crap... Im exalted with every faction in pandaria, it was boring grind and it didnt involve any effort, just after first week it was brainless grind... Maybe ppl who think that doing boring stuff over and over again is fun should have an option to grind dailys till the end of xpac, 1 rep point per quest would do the trick... more effort... pff... I play for fun not for life achievement...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
People are complaining way much over rep. You get a pretty fair amount of rep for doing dailies. It really doesn't take all that long to get revered, which is all you need in order to buy VP gear. And you'll be doing dailies anyway for lesser charms. If you don't do dailies for lesser charms, then you cant really claim it's mandatory to do for VP gear by using the argument that you have to stay competative.

It's been months since release now, getting revered with a faction takes maybe 2 weeks or so.

16/01/2013 10:08Posted by Vusu
And where is that effort in doing dailys?

Where's the effort in getting reps in heroics?
Edited by Ravinna on 16/01/2013 10:12 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
16/01/2013 10:08Posted by Vusu
Beeing exalted should take at least some effort!

And where is that effort in doing dailys? Quests are boring mostly couse we need to do same crap every day... You call that effort? How about 2 months, 8h per day of doing quests to hit lvl90? Its stupid that you can hit lvl90 in less then a week... I think removing gold from quest rewards would be also a good idea. More effort ftw! Its game, it should be a fun not just boring crap... Im exalted with every faction in pandaria, it was boring grind and it didnt involve any effort, just after first week it was brainless grind... Maybe ppl who think that doing boring stuff over and over again is fun should have an option to grind dailys till the end of xpac, 1 rep point per quest would do the trick... more effort... pff... I play for fun not for life achievement...

as stated above, whats the effort then in doing couple of hours of the same dungeons and hit exalted...

and what boggles me the most but seems a common problem: Why the hell would you do something which is not fun to you and saying you dont play for AV but fun... where is the fun in beeing exalted? A new Mount? Gear is available at reverted ... im not exalted with all fractions since its no fun to do all dailies each day and had no problems raiding... i enjoy it in small doses.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
16/01/2013 07:58Posted by Gromorion

Isn't there to be a possibility to buy the Tillers' farm from the Pandaren NPC, and have various factions place their orders there, or something along the line, probably giving reputation in return? (that's how I understood it anyway, anyone on PTR, who could say how it actually works?)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
So instead of getting a tabard and playing with other 4 people, now you have to go solo through 37 billion dailies. Great change, I propose a raise for the great game designer of solo MMORPGs
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I hope so too Im still gaining rep with all the old tabards, I got alot to do!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]