I honestly hope Blizzard never brings back rep tabards.

90 Night Elf Druid
18/01/2013 18:28Posted by Nobbyholder
Apart from being excruciatingly tedious, the worst thing about rep is scheduling your life to log on and complete the chores every day. At least in xpacs past you could choose when and how how time to devote to a grind.

you still can choose when to do them.... picked 2 factions to cap (didn't even do them everyday) and got em all exalted on this char, BoA tabard for alts however doesn't sound like a bad idea, although I think it should have a daily / weekly cap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
18/01/2013 19:17Posted by Gaija
you still can choose when to do them....

What he means is not everyone logs in everyday and the daily system punishes them heavily for it, or needs to do raid/dungeon content instead of dailies.

For example, let's imagine we have Pete the Player. Pete works in a tri-shift system and can take monday, friday, saturday and sunday to play the game more. Now, the daily system shafts him by making him miss tuesday, wednesday and thursday dailies and lots of rep - reputation he could have gotten by doing several dungeon/hc runs during the days he has more time to devote.

We can argue about the daily system for as long as we want because the bottom line is Blizz made the system in order to force people to "experience the content longer", in other words force them to pay for the game for several months longer to unlock any content - it's just a case of how long people will stick around once they realize they have to do the same stupid daily grind for their alts.
Edited by Haerdalish on 18/01/2013 19:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I found rep tabards way to easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have no problem at all with the rep gain on alts after they gave use the commendations you can buy once you hit revered with a faction. However that creates another issue. since they only double your rep gained you will be short on both vp and lesser charms on your alts when you have gained the rep you want.

On my main i have an abundance of lesser charms and on my alts i find myself having to do dailys with factions i'm already exalted with just to meet the weekly requirement for the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They should make tabards work like titles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Is the game worse off due to dailies?

If you put any thought behind your answer, your answer would be No.

The best thing about dailies, is that it gets players out of towns and into exploring Azeroth. And that in and of itself out weighs any negatives you get from dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What he means is not everyone logs in everyday and the daily system punishes them heavily for it, or needs to do raid/dungeon content instead of dailies.

For example, let's imagine we have Pete the Player. Pete works in a tri-shift system and can take monday, friday, saturday and sunday to play the game more. Now, the daily system shafts him by making him miss tuesday, wednesday and thursday dailies and lots of rep - reputation he could have gotten by doing several dungeon/hc runs during the days he has more time to devote.

We can argue about the daily system for as long as we want because the bottom line is Blizz made the system in order to force people to "experience the content longer", in other words force them to pay for the game for several months longer to unlock any content - it's just a case of how long people will stick around once they realize they have to do the same stupid daily grind for their alts.

Win
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Pete would have enough time to get his reputations to revered before he caps his valour, even if he gains 1000 VP a week. That isn't a problem.
I agree that it's frustrating being punished for not logging on, but the punishment is not all that severe. The valor cap is a much stricter limit on this kind of time schedule.

...and once you get the grand commendations, this is all completely trivialised. You're immediately revered with Klaxxi and one set of dailies from revered with shado-pan. That's a ridiculous amount of time for you to work on golden lotus rep.

--

On the original topic, I really dislike dailies. But the problem with Tabards is that you may as well remove the reputation requirements/system for those factions entirely since you're gaining massive amounts of rep with them as a side effect of just gearing up.
Edited by Isseit on 19/01/2013 23:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Honestly I prefer Dailies. Least then I get to wear a tabard that matches my transmog :P
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
i hate dailys! i hate soloplay on a multyplayer platform. i dont do dailys, dailys suck
Edited by Zuulj on 20/01/2013 14:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I have said this before, and I will say it again. If Blizzard did everything the community wanted them to do from day 1 of this game in 2004, it'd have been driven into the ground a very long time ago.

Exactly.

- Totally agree with the statements there.

- Blizzard does not do mistakes just because of their bad decisions, but sometimes when they want to please the community, they need to do very quick decisions.

- To be honest, I´d rather had the game developed just by Blizzard´s decisions than by some people´s "forced" suggestions.

- But to the point.. I´m not really against tabards, but it sometimes feels pretty repetitive when I run the dungeons all the time just to raise my reputation up. I really like the quests, which are not "boring" - when I feel like I´m able to help the particular faction.

So for me it´s 50/50. I know that it´s easier to just equip a tabard and run the dungeons all the time, but diversity is also important for both kinds of people. The ones who like their tabards and the ones who prefer doing quests and daily Q.
Edited by Chroniee on 20/01/2013 17:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dailies may be boring on occasion, but I'll take that option over a rep tabard that trivializes the process. Reaching exalted in a day just doesn't feel like any level of achievement.

Also GC said they want people getting out into the world again, as opposed to idly sitting around in a capitol city. I'm glad they're taking such a direction. Peoples' reluctance to participate in the world was becoming rather sad.
Reply Quote
16/01/2013 17:24Posted by Brookeyx
But they are also slowly running the game into the ground by ignoring actual good feedback given by top players.

And who would those top players be?

Last time I checked, we were all paying the same price for the monthly subscription, and nothing in-game makes one player better than the other.

EDIT: This is not 1vs1 game where a player can say that he has more knowledge about something than another player (as in, having a bigger e-peen because he has more 1vs1 wins like in StarCraft or whatever).
Edited by Elenna on 20/01/2013 23:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
@ Grok #52

I keep clicking the 'like button' for this post.

18/01/2013 23:22Posted by Nancy
They should make tabards work like titles.

So that you can click them from the gear menu? Would be awesome!!

--
Even though I like MoP a lot, I could say on this topic that everything 'should be taken into moderation', as blizz puts it on the loading screen. Why not a little of both? Even if there is a rep tabard, the rep doesn't have to be that big that it overrules the dailies. And maybe you can unlock it at honored, for example.

As you already unlock the extra rep bound on account item, alts have already been taken care off when it comes to rep.

I do think there should be a system where you can buy (lesser) gear for vp off a merchant. It's going to be really painful in later patches if that weapon never drops (I give this example because I personally feel that one, heh, but there might be more ofc) and there's no other way of becoming raid viable weapon-wise (pvp is not an option for later patches as you'll need to catch up big time).
For these cases you could make professions be worth their while and get some patch sensitive plans out there so people can buy/make their weapon when needed. It may be expensive to make, ofc; just keep it away from too much rng.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
16/01/2013 02:18Posted by Xuelin
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.

TIL you're easily manipulated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
18/01/2013 19:39Posted by Haerdalish
you still can choose when to do them....

+1 i have the same issue as "Pete the Player", not only for reputation but also for VP caps.
People that work hard for the money that they need to pay the game, are (from my point of view) being punished for not being able to log in often enough to get the things done that people with more regular hours can get done.
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
21/01/2013 11:30Posted by Ketsu
TIL you're easily manipulated.

Please expand.

21/01/2013 12:29Posted by Aunian
People that work hard for the money that they need to pay the game, are (from my point of view) being punished for not being able to log in often enough to get the things done that people with more regular hours can get done

But to be fair that is part of MMO's. The grind (and how much time you can invest) is a huge part of this type of game. Im in the same boat, I work long hours and this restricts my time. But im cool with that, I still find time to get on with it.
Reply Quote
I'm resurrecting this thread to share with you the answers to some of the questions that were made last week :)

Draztal, I have 3 questions:

1) is the championing rep a flat rep you get at the end that's comparable to what you would get from doing all dailies that day?

2) does the dailies faction have reputation rewards as well? and are those intended as a sort of catchup for new players/alts?

3) if the valor rep is related to the raid (most likely it is), can you also get it through LFR?

Currently, the reputation for your first heroic is 750 and 325 for your first scenario. The new dailies faction doesn't have any valor items. The developers don't want fresh 90s to skip previous content and jump into the newest, so you'll still need 480 item level, but all the changes introduced to previous content will definitely help catch up quicker (lower prices, higher drop chance...)

Also, the valor reputation can be earned through the Raid Finder too but you need to kill bosses to get beyond a certain threshold. So we probably won't see something like the old Icecrown Citadel reputation runs.

17/01/2013 18:33Posted by Nessaya
But only for old factions (5.0, 5.1), or not?

In order to use the Work Orders in Sunsong Ranch, you need to be exalted with The Tiillers and all plots unlocked, but it's not required to own Sunsong. Work orders will be available for most 5.0/5.1 factions, but it will most likely not include Black Prince.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Well and maybe , just maybe they can give both - tabards and quest so people can choose...I for one dont like dailies. They are fun for the first time but i rather prefer HC's. So please have in mind that if You dont like tea it should be banished cause in your opinion coffee is better. Possibility of choice is way better.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
hey Draztal, great to see you post this :)

25/01/2013 08:57Posted by Draztal
Currently, the reputation for your first heroic is 750 and 325 for your first scenario

1. so this is on a daily basis aswell?

2. will this also be influenced by having a commendation for extra rep (+100%)?

3. you say
for your first
, does this mean you will also get a lesser amount of rep for your second and third and so on?

4. the total of this (1075) seems less than the amount of rep you can get trough doing dailies, especially on days when you get more dailes cause you're progressing in the faction's storyline..
is there a way to compensate? or will it remain at this?

5. if you choose to gain rep this way, will you also be rewarded lesser coins? or are these still only obtainable trough dailies (and pet battles later on)?

6. will there be more VP awarded aswell? otherwise people might still say that they find dailies mandatory to cap their VP.. (allthough they will always think this, even if you reward more VP from dungeons and scenarios)

it's cool to see you answer these questions that were asked here.. i always find it kind of sad having to look in so many different places to get answers about 5.2.. since some stuff is on PTR notes, some on twitter, some on facebook, some on MMO,... the info seems more devided than ever before;.

i have plento more questions about 5.2, but i'll keep those for their respective threads..

keep up the good work..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]