I honestly hope Blizzard never brings back rep tabards.

100 Troll Druid
I wish they bring tabards for alts when the main reaches exalted. I really hate questing on alts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
16/01/2013 11:36Posted by Moso
So instead of getting a tabard and playing with other 4 people, now you have to go solo through 37 billion dailies. Great change, I propose a raise for the great game designer of solo MMORPGs

No one is telling you that you have to solo the dailies.

Point is, you will be doing heroics either way. For gear or for VP, giving you a tabard that gives rep on top of that is just to give you free rep, since you don't have to do anything you wouldn't do anyway.

Getting rep through dailies means you have to make an active choice to do something additional to what you already are doing in order to gain the rep you want.

Rep through tabards = Free rep
Rep through dailes = Active choice (more of an "effort than heroics")
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
16/01/2013 11:45Posted by Grendiser
I wish they bring tabards for alts when the main reaches exalted. I really hate questing on alts.

That is probably the best compromise I have heard. I upvote this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
16/01/2013 11:36Posted by Moso
So instead of getting a tabard and playing with other 4 people, now you have to go solo through 37 billion dailies. Great change, I propose a raise for the great game designer of solo MMORPGs

you can actually group up with 4 other peoples for dailies too and finish them in no time ;)

16/01/2013 11:45Posted by Grendiser

16/01/2013 11:48Posted by Jezahbel

Agreed, one of the rare occasions where instead of a lot of hate for blizz and QQ there is a valid argument WITH an good example/suggestion. Playing catchup with alts is only fun to a certain point!
Edited by Suu on 16/01/2013 12:39 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
fun doing quests.

Does not compute.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
16/01/2013 02:18Posted by Xuelin
At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.

A fault with your arguement; you find fun doing quests, others may find fun doing dungeons.

If they do bring back rep tabards, they'll put it on par with Dailies, as an alternative - i.e. you'll have the option to do dungeons, dailies or a bit of both to get rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I prefer the tabards. The dailies are horribly boring and repetitive. At least give us the OPTION to use the tabard system...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I wouldn't mind it if tabard rep came back into the game, but i do have to admit the cataclysm rep gain was ridiculously fast.

Blizzard could always limit the dungeon rep gain to bosses, maybe about 125 per boss killed, that would mean you needed to kill about 170 bosses, which means to get from revered to exalted you would need to complete about 44 dungeons, blizzard could even lower the rep gain to just 100 per boss meaning you would need 210 bosses killed.
So with a typical dungeon having 4 bosses in it that would be about 54 dungeons needed to get just exalted.
That wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
16/01/2013 11:48Posted by Jezahbel

Agreed, one of the rare occasions where instead of a lot of hate for blizz and QQ there is a valid argument WITH an good example/suggestion. Playing catchup with alts is only fun to a certain point!

I am glad you like my idea. I had suggested this two months ago on the forums, but my suggestion didn't seem to get anyone's attention.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847927755
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
16/01/2013 02:18Posted by Xuelin
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.

I honestly disagree.

What I would agree too though, would be if they implemented both systems. So that ppl could do dailies if they would prefer that, or maybe get 10.000 daily Q achi.

And tabard for the likes of me, who's a slacker and just want the rep for no proper use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Keep factions separate from dungeons. Dungeons already give plenty of rewards.

Rep Tabards are simply terrible, a bad idea spawned from BCs even worse system where certain dungeons gave rep with certain factions.

If you force yourself to do dailies every day, you got no one but yourself to blame.

Most players I talk to ingame (uh oh, anecdotes!) seem to have a healthy perspective, you want a faction at revered or above, you do the task whenever you feel like it. Atleast they seem to understand that MMOs uses gating to slow down character progression. Until someone figures out a way to create content as fast as it is consumed...

Imagine a writer who have to write books at the same rate his most loyal readers can read it.
Good luck.
Reply Quote
Dailies might be reasonable if there was a variety of them to do. Having to do the same one or two over and over gets tedious.

If you want rep for a specific faction and have a choice of 20 or 30 dailies, at least you can mix it up a bit every day. Once the cap for rep for that day has been reached, the dailies become unavailable, until then, you are free to choose which one you want to do today.

This would do several things.
1. Stop the insane amount of competition for the same items/mobs every day.
2. Give players a choice to do the dailies that are most fun for them.

Most of all, some players may not get on with a particular daily. Maybe they do not have the dexterity to do it or they may generally find it too hard. With questing, it's not a problem, you just skip that one and go on to the next, there's generally more than enough quests to get the required level to exit the zone and move to the next.

16/01/2013 15:47Posted by Veraz
Imagine a writer who have to write books at the same rate his most loyal readers can read it.

But imagine creating a quest and adding it right then instead of waiting until a big patch. Lots of small updates adding content regularly rather than one huge one adding content every so often. It's also easier to debug one quest at a time rather than sort through hundreds of pages of code trying to find where the problem starts.
Edited by Banshira on 16/01/2013 16:16 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
16/01/2013 08:16Posted by Ravness
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what they want, not what the community wants.

http://i.imgur.com/qWI2p.jpg

;-)

It is true that the development of our games is not a democracy. The developers have the final say when it comes to the development of our games, but it is simply not true that community feedback has no influence on their decisions.

I can understand if you are frustrated if things you personally really want and request for the game are not happening, but that doesn't mean that the things that are happening with the game are not wanted or requested by someone else in the community.
Edited by Vaneras on 16/01/2013 16:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Tabards were alot better, i,d prefer to run dungeons than dailys anytime. Theres nothing more tedious than dailys, there a total chore.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
16/01/2013 08:16Posted by Ravness
It wouldn't make a difference anyway. Blizzard only ever does what they want, not what the community wants.

I don't agree with this.

In fact, many times in the past, it was BECAUSE Blizzard listened to the community that they made mistakes.

I have said this before, and I will say it again. If Blizzard did everything the community wanted them to do from day 1 of this game in 2004, it'd have been driven into the ground a very long time ago.
Edited by Danellos on 16/01/2013 16:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
16/01/2013 16:26Posted by Danellos
I have said this before, and I will say it again. If Blizzard did everything the community wanted them to do from day 1 of this game in 2004, it'd have been driven into the ground a very long time ago.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Warlock
16/01/2013 16:26Posted by Danellos
In fact, many times in the past, it was BECAUSE Blizzard listened to the community that they made mistakes.

I am inclined to agree with this..

I have so many tabards now I have no real place to put them so...
if Tabards are going to be used for rep gains

I NEED a Tabards bag or something to store them in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
this is just sad... ppl fighting over some dumb tabard rep system when in fact there are much bigger issues that need resolving
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
16/01/2013 16:52Posted by Celina
this is just sad... ppl fighting over some dumb tabard rep system when in fact there are much bigger issues that need resolving

I completely agree. The whole tabards/dailies argument is totally overdone, and I am personally sick of seeing threads about them. This is a dead horse that has been flogged enough already.

But you know, I of course cannot control what the community feels is important to discuss, and I am certainly not discouraging it. The above are just my personal feelings on the subject itself. :)
Edited by Danellos on 16/01/2013 16:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is my DK

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/Tylmarande/reputation/

She dinged 90 last night.

She is revered with Klaxxi and a good way through honored with Shado-Pan, and she has only done the dailies you unlock with the klaxxi while leveling (and she was revered before she turned any of those in.)

Reputation for alts is fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]