I honestly hope Blizzard never brings back rep tabards.

90 Goblin Warlock
17/01/2013 09:19Posted by Christiná
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.

Either a No lifer or a kid...

17/01/2013 09:24Posted by Stôncøld
Having to slap a tabard on you and spam dungeons to get reputation was a very lacking design I hope we never revisit again. At least when I want to cap my VP now I have the option of actually having fun doing quests.

lol..... Newbies are so wierd these days...

Just shows how reasonable those arguments of the "pro tabard" players are, no wonder nobody takes them seriously ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If you care not for the story, which you should since why else play a game? Then DO NOT DO THE DAILIES!

i could see the point of your argument, were the dailies an actual linear story progression, they aren't.

Not wanting to do the same mind numbing quests over and over again doesn't mean i don't care for the story
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Hunter
Indeed blizz should bring back the Stand-in-SW/OG-all-day-while-in-a-queue -style.

It was the BEST.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Indeed blizz should bring back the Stand-in-SW/OG-all-day-while-in-a-queue -style.

It was the BEST.

Yeah, whats the point in a MMORPG to have a world where other players take up space and actually do stuff and travel? Its sooo 2004, why can't i just queue in facebook for raids and dungeons and jump right in ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Bring back tabard system so casuals have a reason to see the dungeons aswell..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I think the whole tabard thing was a lame easy way of rep grinding and I for one didn't feel it brought anything to the game. But after grinding rep with all factions (bar Klaxxi) of this expansion to Exalted I can honestly say I would do anything but daily grind.

How about something abit more imaginative, atleast some of the rep from the most recent grind (shieldwall etc.) had a quest chain of sorts to enjoy. Can there not be more lore attached to each faction with quest chains like the days of old?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
17/01/2013 11:56Posted by Húñtér
Bring back tabard system so casuals have a reason to see the dungeons aswell..

Trolling?

Or did you miss that dungeons are an excellent source of JP, VP and pre-raid items?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
16/01/2013 16:20Posted by Vaneras
http://i.imgur.com/qWI2p.jpg

hehehe :P

What I would love to see is more choices to farm the reputation for factions, deffo not a tabard again I agree on that! But mayby a choice between dailies and something else :) I know 5.2 is coming with rep from trash inside the raid, but that would actually mean not so much in the eye of a customer since now you either have to do quests or raid to get rewards, I would love to see it in a different way, cause IMO its quite contradicting that you have to raid for rewards in wich you could go and raid..
Reply Quote
17/01/2013 12:18Posted by Quanda
What I would love to see is more choices to farm the reputation for factions, deffo not a tabard again I agree on that! But mayby a choice between dailies and something else

For 5.2 you will be able to champion a faction and earn rep with them on your first heroic and scenario of the day
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
16/01/2013 19:05Posted by Quilzar
I love logging in and having a choice of how to earn my Valor outside of raiding (I am in a pretty casual normal raiding guild).

Indeed, it's great.

Options for gaining rep? Initial quests, if there are any, then it's dailies.

It's the lack of option. The enforced repetition that is abrasive.

Someone mentioned in another thread that rep tabards should come back BUT limit the rep you gain per day to that gained via dailies. In essence, instead of the daily quests as your only option, you get two choices; do the daily quests or hit a few dungeon. You gain rep at the same rate, which should keep Blizz happy, but we get options.

At least that way you can mix it up a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
17/01/2013 12:53Posted by Draztal
What I would love to see is more choices to farm the reputation for factions, deffo not a tabard again I agree on that! But mayby a choice between dailies and something else

For 5.2 you will be able to champion a faction and earn rep with them on your first heroic and scenario of the day

Well that should (again) proof that Blizzard do care about their players and listens to them :)
GJ
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Does this reputation stack with dailies?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

That's nice, can you tell us how it will work. Seeing as tabard's are rewarded first at exalted you would need a new mechanic to choose which faction to champion for I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Id like to weigh in here with my 1/2 penny of opinion:

Ok, so we have the fun things like pet battles, brawlers guild and the tiller farm to do at end game - they are cool and a distraction - but there will be at some point a cap in which people can progress; so for me, in my current guild I have hit that gap as we have just started to raid again after MoP got released and having the members to do so, ive maxed out rep with all MoP factions (A first for any xpac for me) so I dont really need dailies as the Valor gear is not a huge jump from LFR Tier gear - so I am to progress my own gear, I need a more advanced raiding guild so then I now have a reason (from a selfish point of view) to do dailies and HCs so I have gold to pay for repairs; but after a point, valor becomes useless unless you spend the points on the upgrade thing (which is going for a bit while 5.2 is still 'new')

but having to do the chores that are daily quests is a nightmare (and I am finding the leveling process in Mists the most boring of all xpacs so far) and have yet to get my second level 90 - but I would like another way to earn rep (like one of the previous posters saying like dungeon trash/bosses gave linked reps like in Wrath) or maybe - have a rep tabbard for alts once one character has already hit exalted? So that way, we dont need to repeat the same struggle for alts.

Well, that made sense to me at least

Happy Warcrafting.

P.S Make Spirits BoA :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

So we can assume that only one dungeon or one scenario will earn you rep? If it is only the first dungeon/scenario its a step in the right direction but unless its gives the same or nearly the same rep as every one of the factions daily quests combined it really doesn't "fix" the problem a lot of people have with locking valor gear behind rep.

Give me a shado pan flag that I buy for gold from a vendor at honored that I can implant onto the dead body of some Mantid boss for a significant rep reward and I'll be quite happy, hell why not have it so if my group and I can kill the last boss and stick my flag on his corpse before a certain time I get even more rep, carrot on a stick tactics :D
Edited by Bramiq on 17/01/2013 14:21 GMT
Reply Quote
I for one prefered the Tabard over the dailys. Speaking for my self i have never liked dailys, I was strongly against them from the very day they were introdused for several reasons and i will try to explain some of my reasoning here.

I do not like dailys since they "force", or incurage the player to play every day to not lose out or "get behind", just the name dailys cause me irritation just since it tells the player to play every day. Spreaking for my self I do not want to or have the abillity to play every day even if it is just for one hour. This means that it takes ages and ages for me to get anyware. And when i do play why would I do dailys when i have alot more fun runing instances or somehting else with my ingame friends with the one or two hours i have aviable to me?

On top of this I find the dailys extreamly boring to do. There is absolutly no fun in doing them.

I did not mind the few weekly quest we have seen in game before and I would vote for making al daily quest in to weekly quests.

I liked the tabard system since I then could play my few hours with my friends and at the same time get rep. We did have the option to gain rep with dailys even though we had the tabard before so i dont see why this was a bad design.

Maybe there instead of haveing dailys as only way to gain rep and as an mean to adjust the time or effort put in to getting the rep. Why not put the restriktion on how much rep you can gain per week and open up more ways to gain said rep. Similar to how the VPs work now.
Edited by Hoid on 17/01/2013 14:35 GMT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Paladin

That is a step in the good direction. But please make it worth doing this by giving enough rep that you don't need to run 100 dungeons/scenario's to get revered/exalted. I agree the tabard system was a lazy way of gaining rep. But only dailies is a bit too much the other way. Heroics are not used that much anymore when a char has LFR ilvl. This way heroics get more meaning again even after LFR ilvl which I like, because I like running heroics! I don't mind dailies giving more rep and being faster to revered/exalted as long as you can get there another way!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Rep tabards are a billion times faster than Dailies. Buy a tabard, and run a Dungeon anywhere between 20-30 times and you've got Exhalted.

Dailies take weeks.. I'll take a tabard grin any day.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Mage
I think there are some design choices that could alleviate a lot of the problems with daily quests

1. Quest Design:
There are often requests to increase bag space, yet quests are still designed to both require a lot of quest items and quest drops that fill up the inventory. One solution would be to have a separate inventory for the quest items so that we do not need to do a continuous inventory meta game, another would be to get rid of quest items completely.

Also regarding quests and groups, for a multiplayer game the quest design seem to be suprisingly focused on solo play. Take for example the daily quests where a kill quest is linked to a collection quest in the same area. For a solo player the quest seems to be designed so that when the kill quest is completed the collection quest is completed as well. But in a group the kill quest is completed very quickly, which means the group needs to wait for respawns of the collection quest. This is something that has been mentioned in connection with CRZ as well, as a player i am competing against my group members, due to the quest design. Regarding quest drops the AoE loot design does not quite match with the quest design where each group member has to loot a quest item for completion, this becomes a problem if the group is spread out. One solution would be to automatically send quest items to group member inventory if they are within a certain distance of the player picking up the quest item.

I guess the question here really is if group play should be rewarded or punished when it comes to daily quests, right now I feel punished when playing in a group.

2. Rep gain: Since I need to reach revered to get the rep bonus for the alts, this means that I feel locked into completing the daily quests with the same character until I have reached revered. I already feel locked into doing raids and pvp on a certain character to be able to meet gear requirements, I really feel it is unnecessary limiting my choice also when it comes to daily quests.

My suggestion would be to reward BoA rep tokens from the daily quests, that then can be used to increase the rep on the character I need the rep increase on. If some limit is needed to avoid pooling rep then a weekly rep gain limit could be introduced per character, a limit that could be adapted based on how old the rep content is to make it easier to catch up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]