Main hand 1-handers for transmog.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
There's some nice main-handers out there, but at this day of age all 1h are "one-handers" there's no main handers anymore these days. Problem is you can't transmog "mainhand" unless the sword you're wearing is a main-hand too so if its a "one-hand" it can't be transmogged since it's not the same "type" bespite them both being 1-handed swords. This is kinda silly and all weapon types should work the same. One handed sword == One handed sword no matter if its main or one-hand.
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
Being changed, I would link it for you but since this keeps getting asked over and over because people can't be bothered to search I can't be bothered to provide it.
Edited by Corripio on 07/01/2013 15:51 GMT
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Pandaren Mage
Most main handers are being changed to one handers in 5.2
Reply Quote
Community
Yup, we're hoping to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations, like polearms and staves, so main hand/one hand won't be an issue any more once this goes live. Still aiming for 5.2 as far as I know :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/01/2013 16:14Posted by Takralus
Yup, we're hoping to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations, like polearms and staves, so main hand/one hand won't be an issue any more once this goes live. Still aiming for 5.2 as far as I know :)

So this list from MMO-Champion is inaccurate?
Daggers cannot be transmogrified into swords or vice versa.
Polearms cannot be transmogrified into other two handed weapons.
Fist Weapons cannot be transmogrified into other one handed weapons.

I would love to be able to use my Wildfure Greatstaff for transmog even when I happen to be using a polearm at the moment. Also, I'd like to be able to use the Earthwarden again, though I understand that you don't want druids to look like they're using a 2-handed mace anymore.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
Well this favours melees mostly. Rogues are stuck with their unique animation daggers/fist weapons.

Why can't you allow us to transmog say, dagger to sword? Weapon types doesn't matter anymore anyways.

I would also love to wield a PvP Spellpower sword on my mage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If daggers cannot be transmogrified into swords then I will be extremely disappointed, as it renders the feature much less valuable to casters, almost completely limiting their choices to the type of weapon they have equipped.

It seems very unfair to say to most melee classes that they can freely choose between swords, maces, and axes, but to tell casters that they have almost no choice. This restriction seems especially unfair when this does not apply to Hunter weapons, which if I'm not mistaken do have different animations.

I personally prefer 1 handed swords to daggers (as excellent as some of the dagger art is; my current transmog is a good example), but given that almost no caster swords exist then it seems like I'm going to be stuck with daggers for a long time.

As I said, extremely disappointing, given I was looking forward to using my large collection of swords in 5.2.
Edited by Ulsaki on 07/01/2013 16:39 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
07/01/2013 16:26Posted by Byakurai
So this list from MMO-Champion is inaccurate?

Ask again when they're finished working on the patch.
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Pandaren Mage
Remember that MMO Champion are working on in progress data, and sometimes even datamining stuff. So until the final patch notes are released by Blizzard everything is subject to change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I can't wait for this feature to be implemented. But as a rogue, who are stuck with daggers as an offhand, I would be very disappointed if daggers were still restricted.

I would love to be able to dual wield axes again.

I don't really understand why it is linked to animation though. Must be technically hard to run animations based on the transmogged item instead of the original?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
My only issue with the transmog rule change is that Fist weapons seem to be flavour of the patch, leaving us with little choice still.

Here is hoping the raid agility weapons are something else.
Reply Quote
what with offhand weapons?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Uw
Well this favours melees mostly. Rogues are stuck with their unique animation daggers/fist weapons.

Why can't you allow us to transmog say, dagger to sword? Weapon types doesn't matter anymore anyways.

I would also love to wield a PvP Spellpower sword on my mage.

And rogues are not melee... oh I forgot rogues are construction workers.

I would also love to transmog my two handers to fist weapons, but I can't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Yup, we're hoping to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations,

This is the key thing for mogging I believe. You are effectively overwriting an items usual animation with another animation that is only visually different.

So mogging a dagger to a sword could cause problems, animation wise, if you are using abilities that require daggers, or have different casting / attacking animations depending on weapon type.

In short, if you are stabbing someone with a dagger you should look like that, rather then stabbing someone with a mace.

(I am in favour of more choice in mogging I just think people need to consider the difficulties before assuming that auntie blizz is just being mean)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Make legendary's transmogable please! why obtain them if you can't wield them? (wield them and do good)
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
I have a question on this, as a dwarf I get 1% expertise with maces. So if I transmog a sword to look like a mace, will I get the mace expertise bonus from my weapon which looks like a mace but is actually a sword?
Edited by Larzuk on 08/01/2013 10:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hey Takralus

Is there any news on lifting the restriction of Vanilla PVP ranks transmogs to make it account wide yet?
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Draenei Shaman
08/01/2013 10:09Posted by Larzuk
I have a question on this, as a dwarf I get 1% expertise with maces. So if I transmog a sword to look like a mace, will I get the mace expertise bonus from my weapon which looks like a mace but is actually a sword?

No. It is only the "look" of the item that is changed. Racial bonuses will only apply if the actual weapon is equipped, not what it has been mogged to look like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Make legendary's transmogable please! why obtain them if you can't wield them? (wield them and do good)[/quote]

agree , just hope they make Legendary weps able to be transmorged.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If daggers cannot be transmogrified into swords then I will be extremely disappointed, as it renders the feature much less valuable to casters, almost completely limiting their choices to the type of weapon they have equipped.

It seems very unfair to say to most melee classes that they can freely choose between swords, maces, and axes, but to tell casters that they have almost no choice. This restriction seems especially unfair when this does not apply to Hunter weapons, which if I'm not mistaken do have different animations.

I personally prefer 1 handed swords to daggers (as excellent as some of the dagger art is; my current transmog is a good example), but given that almost no caster swords exist then it seems like I'm going to be stuck with daggers for a long time.

As I said, extremely disappointing, given I was looking forward to using my large collection of swords in 5.2.

Agreed. Casters are not able to use this change because every weapon they can equip has different combat animations. I wish, we can get a second weapon choice for transmogging. Priest -> Sword, Mage -> Mace, Warlock -> Axe and entirely Daggers -> Sword/Mace/Axe. Binding restrictions to weapon animations is serious trolling, because hunters are able to use bows over guns and vice versa and they don't share animations.
Edited by Xiv on 14/01/2013 11:32 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]