5.0 LFR drop rates are being increased.

90 Pandaren Monk
Apparently.

So this makes it seem that Blizzard want to use the raid finder as the main gateway to gear up as they are not introducing new 5-mans next patch. Also must be why the ilvl for the next LFR tier is so high. Which kind of defeats the point of LFR, doesn't it? As LFR was not supposed to be a mandatory feature used to earn gear.

Thoughts on this?

I believe it will become very repetitive and boring having to go through the first raid tier to be able to move onto the second which will cause a negative effect for alts once again.

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/08/5-0-raid-finder-drop-rate-will-increase-in-5-2/
Edited by Kimikø on 09/01/2013 08:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So I can pretty much be guaranteed to get a full set of ilevel 483 in a few runs. But I need ilevel 486 for the next patch, which means I would have to spend valor on pretty much 15 items to upgrade them.

Or, as people are hinting at, I would grind JP for ilevel 489 gear.

Although the benefit would be that I could get by with half 489 gear and half 483 gear, which sames some runs for JP.
Edited by Elathin on 09/01/2013 00:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
or maybe get a group and do msv normal. o wait you want to see end game content without any hard work.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 00:25Posted by Bracinfrend
or maybe get a group and do msv normal. o wait you want to see end game content without any hard work.

Blasphemy! Putting effort to a gear in a MMO... :O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
How is it any more boring than grinding through 5 man dungeons farming justice points which everyone was doing the last 2 expansions?

Also, I'd say it's a good thing that it's no longer as easy to gear up an alt. It's still perfectly doable but not that easy that you can catch up with someone's main who spent months gearing up.
Reply Quote

+1
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Well, that's pretty much the point of LFR. It lets a more ''casual'' player see the newly released content and earn gear from said content without much hard work. Which I agree can seem as it's ''not putting effort in'' however hasn't this been the purpose of LFR? I still need to clear normal msv, but right now I'm sat at an ilvl of 481. Others who just participate in LFR, heroics and maybe even dailies may not reach higher than 480 for a while and are now going to be cut off from newly released content and stuck continuing in the old until they earn more gear; be it from LFR, upgrades or normal/hc raids. While I agree this makes it keep ''old'' content fresh, it leaves people re-doing that old content and stops them from enjoying the new.

Now that ToT's LFR ilvl is 486 (I think) then that also makes the new LFR seem ''mandatory'' for normal raiders, in a sense. Which I thought past LFR's had been trying to avoid.
Edited by Kimikø on 09/01/2013 08:27 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Judging by the amount of LFR topics the majority of them seem more concerned in not getting there weekly purplez rather than being able to see new content.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It might be a good idea to actually understand why LFR was put in the game in the first place before you go spouting nonsense.

It is primarily there to give players who cannot or will not do normal/heroic raids a sense of progression (loot). Players without enough time, who don't feel comfortable in a high stress environment, who are new to the game, etc. Suggesting LFR players should do normals is silly.
Edited by Elviryn on 09/01/2013 11:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/01/2013 09:13Posted by Elviryn
It might be a good idea to actually understand why LFR was put in the game in the first place before you go spouting nonsense.

It is primarily there to give players who cannot or will not do normal/heroic raids a sense of progression. Players without enough time, who don't feel comfortable in a high stress environment, who are new to the game, etc. Suggesting LFR players should do normals is silly.

So much this ^^
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 00:06Posted by Elathin
So I can pretty much be guaranteed to get a full set of ilevel 483 in a few runs. But I need ilevel 486 for the next patch, which means I would have to spend valor on pretty much 15 items to upgrade them.

I wouldn't look too much into the ilevel 486 requirement for now. As the PTR is in constant development, things may change before the release of patch 5.2.

Even if it doesn't change, there's level 496 gear available outside of normal raiding which you can get as well, and would help you get to the 486 ilevel requirement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Even if it doesn't change, there's level 496 gear available outside of normal raiding which you can get as well, and would help you get to the 486 ilevel requirement.

Yes and it only costs 6 to 8 blood spirits, I'm sure thats well within the reach of the mass population.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Yes and it only costs 6 to 8 blood spirits, I'm sure thats well within the reach of the mass population.

I'm sure he means the Shieldwall/Dominance dailies and new ones coming in the next patch.
Reply Quote
considering that the new gear from the new tier won't be upgradable you can upgrade the LFR items with valor as well to get more ilevel
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/01/2013 23:37Posted by Kimikø
I believe it will become very repetitive and boring having to go through the first raid tier to be able to move onto the second which will cause a negative effect for alts once again.
first of all, that is wow, its very repetitive (and so on boring) MoP is the worst in this.

Secondly i REALLY like the improved loot. i have done lots of full runs in LFR and it is impossible to get good (sha touched) weapons and Sigils (so far i got 1 sigil of power and 12 sigil of wisdoms) so now i finally get a chance to get those weapons and maybe near the end of this expansion the 10 sigils of power and next expansion a MoP legendary

That is a load of crap. People are whining about new ilvl because they won't get their free epics.
They don't care about their *progress*. LFR *raiders* are one of the worst things in WoW currently, bots in bg being number one.
say what? Blizzard isnt here 2 serve u but they are a company for the mass (=more money) and if the mass wants LFR why not.....in cata i liked LFR because u had chance 2 win items (unlike the new and disimproved lootsystem Blizzard thought of in MoP) and yes i raided 10 man in cata......
Edited by Redskullz on 09/01/2013 10:46 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

It is primarily there to give players who cannot or will not do normal/heroic raids a sense of progression. Players without enough time, who don't feel comfortable in a high stress environment, who are new to the game, etc. Suggesting LFR players should do normals is silly.

That is a load of crap. People are whining about new ilvl because they won't get their free epics.
They don't care about their *progress*. LFR *raiders* are one of the worst things in WoW currently, bots in bg being number one.

LFR raiders dont deserve !@#$. I have spent thousands of gold on reforges, hundreds of gold for repair,flasks and potions and wasted time for grinding coins, learning tactics.
and then some retard comes and goes under garalon, jumps down on elagon or doesnt stack on windlord or tanks runs in on spirit kings solo and gets one-shotted, And gets a free loot.
And they even have a nerve to call themselves raiders.

For once in their life lfr raiders have to do normal raids so they can join new lfr. And with their item level msv normal should be a walk in the park.

LFR raiders are the finest example, the single greatest testament, the most luminescent shining beacon of human retardation that I have ever personally laid eyes on in the past 2-3 years of my life, just barely trumped by the occasion in which a genuinely retarded girl gave a speech on the majestic polar bear to the High School Bio class. During her presentation, she kept calling them panda bears, and said they lived with penguins. That's how retarded LFR is.

Well that escalated quickly. Perhaps you're suffering from a case of ''special snowflake'' syndrome.

In all seriousness though, we all pay the same subs. Why shouldn't everyone be entitled to *see* newly released content? Just because it *may* be some ''retard'' who doesn't understand tactics and is just in there for ''free epics'' doesn't mean that they're not entitled to it. They don't work as hard as you, but there should still be something out there (which LFR is for) to help the ''casuals'' or people with not as much time on their hands etc. to progress new content in some way.

WoW isn't one of those big hard mode, hardcore games all round. It caters to all sides of the spectrum who play and enjoy it. May it be a ''casual'', a normal raider, a heroic raider, an arena gladiator etc.
Reply Quote

Last i looked 5.1 faction offers you items as well....
Reply Quote
I wouldn't look too much into the ilevel 486 requirement for now. As the PTR is in constant development, things may change before the release of patch 5.2.

But that's my point. This is the first time I have seen that the gear from a previous "raid" is not enough to get you into the next.

My worry is that too much of your gear have to come from other sources, rather than LFR.

You lowered the ilevel requirement from 463 to 460 even though people had access to crafted 476 and VP 489 gear. What was the reasoning behind that? Too many people who couldn't reach the ilevel through daily Heroics? If so, what makes that different than not being able to reach the ilevel through weekly LFR?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/01/2013 10:44Posted by Redskullz
Secondly i REALLY like the improved loot. i have done lots of full runs in LFR and it is impossible to get good (sha touched) weapons and Sigils (so far i got 1 sigil of power and 12 sigil of wisdoms) so now i finally get a chance to get those weapons and maybe near the end of this expansion the 10 sigils of power and next expansion a MoP legendary

I'm sensing a hint of sarcasm there.

RNG is RNG. Would you rather the old system where you could have *your* gear ''stolen'' from you if somebody rolled higher? Or if somebody won and DE'd it? Or better yet, if somebody won it and gave it to a friend?

If you finally get that lucrative drop in LFR then it's yours. No competition.

However I do agree that the gaining of sigils is pretty stupid. A trade in system would suffice. Perhaps a wisdom for a power and vice versa?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]