5.2 recent updates.

it actually looks like blizzard finally understood what needed to change.

what are your thoughts ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It looks good except for couple things.

Cyclone change is horrid, both for ferals and casters.

Monks burst damage is imho over the top for what I believe they are suppose to bring to the table. Also there's other monk abilities I'm still not happy with (mainly paralysis and RoP), but damage is most likely the bigger issue here.

For rogues, while ST change will be a good quality of life change, from a design pov I dislike the idea of being able to put such high amount of ranged pressure as a melee character. Maybe if I was an enhancement or a dk, but not as rogue.

Warbringer fix is bad, even thou I hate that talent so much, having a gap closer ability trigger DRs is pretty stupid. The other warrior nerfs are kinda meh ... I understand they want to avoid everyone picking those 3 abused talents but it could have been tweaked better.

I'm sorta fine with everything else, there's some good changes across the board, especially to priests. This may be a good season.
Edited by Diphtérie on 17/01/2013 08:43 GMT
Reply Quote
67 Undead Warlock
Nerf Utility, keep CD stacking in the game.

Which part of that makes you think they understand anything?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The buff on rets healing is great, but it's not exactly what rets needed. Rets don't have problems (at least not much) to stay alive against sustained DPS.

Rets need a survivability buff that would stop tunneling. Bubble doesn't do too much cause you can't heal much during it, and most comps dispel it quite fast. And also it's quite dumb that rets only way to prevent dying is bubble+heal. Divine protection still doesn't make a difference.

In the base text on Paladins it's said that paladins are defensive class that can outlast their enemies and are hard to kill due to large assortment of defensive.

HoF HoS HoP are all good but they really don't do much, they are means to run away and kite but in that time rets don't do any serious damage. If we were a caster spec we would be great.

We need a survivability buff that allows us to stay in Melee at least for a while to get pressure out and get advantage of our great mobility utility and support abilities.
Old SS (catac style, no need for healing increase cause healing is going to be fine in 5.2, but the absord is the thing that we need) back and Divine Protection usable while stunned.

Rets tunneled-survivability still needs to be looked into.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What do you guys think about stuns preventing healing from SW?

Seems like warriors have no selfhealing till they're almost in execute range, after that they can eat a stun and die with almost 0 healing done?

Seems like a terrible design that would only make sense if pvp were balanced around duels, not 3s.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Seriously though, I can't say I approve of the stun on second wind thingy, like, yeah, ok, I get that they want to make it counterable by stunning the warrior and that they think it promotes skillfull gameplay, but it just makes no sense and it's going to make us really vulnerable to stuns. I already drop quite fast if I get deep frozen for instance, and I'm going to drop even harder now that Defensive Stance is eating a nerf.

To put it simple, the stun nerf to second wind isn't needed when the defensive stance nerf is coming up.
Edited by Ayano on 17/01/2013 10:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The Warrior-Nerf is pretty bad. Overpower now costs 10 rage witch will make it almost useless, Second Wind wasn´t that OP in 3s, now its completly useless and with the Defstance-Changes, the Warrior will be a very good target.

Nerfing def-cds isn´t the right way to go, instead you should focus on the burst! RMP will dominate season 13, Rogue Mage is pretty strong in 2s this season and with the Rogue-buff, that comb will be damn good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This patch just displays how clueless blizzard are, apparently cloak and dagger goes through LoS, monks ring of peace will be beyond stupid, warriors will STILL 1 shot people with swifty 1shot macro's no idea what blizzard are smoking but really the first time im considering quiting.
It just clearly shows that they have no idea for balance, they add all these new spells, i sit CC for most of the games.
outplaying has less of a place in arena, e.g me queueing as kfc with T1 warr and T1 hpala warr has about 475 ilevel, hpala has like 484 or smt, we queue into a TSG with T2 and 480+ ilevel, even with full peels going onto the warr + dk they still managed to eventually kill my hpala everytime without fail, they didn't really do anything than just train the paladin, even tho i did everything in my power to stop him they still won, just doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This patch just displays how clueless blizzard are, apparently cloak and dagger goes through LoS, monks ring of peace will be beyond stupid, warriors will STILL 1 shot people with swifty 1shot macro's no idea what blizzard are smoking but really the first time im considering quiting.
It just clearly shows that they have no idea for balance, they add all these new spells, i sit CC for most of the games.
outplaying has less of a place in arena, e.g me queueing as kfc with T1 warr and T1 hpala warr has about 475 ilevel, hpala has like 484 or smt, we queue into a TSG with T2 and 480+ ilevel, even with full peels going onto the warr + dk they still managed to eventually kill my hpala everytime without fail, they didn't really do anything than just train the paladin, even tho i did everything in my power to stop him they still won, just doesn't make sense.

Yeah you sit CC as an ORC BM HUNTER, i do it too, i have -stun reduction meta too+2 bws basically 3 trinkets and -20% off stuns and I still don't play my character. When playing my UD monk I actually want to flying serpent kick my computer out the window
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Strangulate buff <3

The Shadow priest changes stood out a bit too.

Devouring Plague now deals its damage evenly through its duration.

Is super good.

Glyph of Desperation has been replaced with Glyph of Binding Heal. Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit can now always be cast while stunned.
New Glyph: Glyph of Binding Heal applies Binding Heal a third nearby friendly target, but costs 35% more mana.
Glyph of Inner Focus has been replaced with Glyph of Weakened Soul. Casting Inner Focus now always grants 5 seconds of immunity to Silence, Interrupts, and Dispels.
New Glyph: Glyph of Weakened Soul reduces the duration of Weakened Soul by 2 seconds.

Seem quite nice for Disc priests as well and eh.

Rogue changes are good I think, Fel Armor for Warlocks as well.
Also

The 3-second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.

Is great news.

Edit: Oh ya and the Blinding Light bit for Holy Paladins is nice but I think that was put in a while ago.
Edited by Aspira on 17/01/2013 10:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
What do you guys think about stuns preventing healing from SW?

Seems like warriors have no selfhealing till they're almost in execute range, after that they can eat a stun and die with almost 0 healing done?

Seems like a terrible design that would only make sense if pvp were balanced around duels, not 3s.

You mean that there is one single drawback ie. something that has to be actually taken into account with a fully automated fxxx & forget ability?
Sound reasonable to me.
Reply Quote
31 Pandaren Monk
Why has nobody linked the patch notes yet? :(
  • http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6952156
  • I think they are good so far. Kinda fearful of the Monk changes that are planned as they seem a bit too strong, same goes for Rogues, but hoping it will be fine. A big thing that stuck out for me was Second Wind not working during stuns and
    Flash Heal's healing has been reduced by 30%. A new passive (available at level 10) increases Flash Heal's healing by 43% for Holy and Discipline Priests.
    <3
    Reply Quote
    1 Human Hunter
    So if I read the latest changes:

Mages buffed
    Warrior even more nerfed

I dont even know what hell GC is smoking anymore. But the guy is clearly high, incompetent and should quit his job asap.

Apparently they "balance" the game around duels and 2s now, but only if the warrior is winning. If the warrior faces a double mage, mage/rogue in 2s - its not balanced around 2s anymore. Then its balanced around 3s+.

Ghost Crawler, please grow a pair and stop catering to theese 1200 rated kids.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    It looks good except for couple things.

Cyclone change is horrid, both for ferals and casters.

Monks burst damage is imho over the top for what I believe they are suppose to bring to the table. Also there's other monk abilities I'm still not happy with (mainly paralysis and RoP), but damage is most likely the bigger issue here.

For rogues, while ST change will be a good quality of life change, from a design pov I dislike the idea of being able to put such high amount of ranged pressure as a melee character. Maybe if I was an enhancement or a dk, but not as rogue.

Warbringer fix is bad, even thou I hate that talent so much, having a gap closer ability trigger DRs is pretty stupid. The other warrior nerfs are kinda meh ... I understand they want to avoid everyone picking those 3 abused talents but it could have been tweaked better.

I'm sorta fine with everything else, there's some good changes across the board, especially to priests. This may be a good season.

Agree with everything you said. It's looking like a good patch but exactly these things are bad for exactly the reasons you gave.

I've written lots on the Cyclone change, but the jist of it is that it makes us a cleave-or-die class.

I wrote a lengthy clause on the Druid forums (check my post history).

Warbringer change is an oddball. I think people will actively try to avoid getting Warbringer now because it's actually going to nerf yourself instead of buffing you. In my opinion it would be better if charge rooted without Warbringer and Warbringer was turned into what's currently baseline, but no DR's. That just seems overall more reasonable.

Rogues shouldn't have this much ranged. I think a good way to solve it is to make Shuriken Toss a cast so you can only use it while standing still. Seems like a reasonable compromise there, because it feels a bit like the old ranged autoattack of rogues and that felt fine.

I'm really impressed with the changes to hybrid in general and Ret Paladins especially. Very good changes!
    Edited by Ishaye on 17/01/2013 10:57 GMT
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    Yeah you sit CC as an ORC BM HUNTER, i do it too, i have -stun reduction meta too+2 bws basically 3 trinkets and -20% off stuns and I still don't play my character. When playing my UD monk I actually want to flying serpent kick my computer out the window

I've BW'd !@#$ to then get put in more instant aoe CC. dumb season is dumb.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Strangulate cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds, up from 120.

Revert this change at once. This spell should never even have been in the game. It's been retarded since s5. How can you possibly think it's a good idea to remove mages debuff silence and then buff dks debuff silence?

Do not let this go live pls. Honestly cannot stand another tunneling dk that can silence me for 5 seconds without any effort EVERY minute.

Also I don't think a flat healing increase will be enough for resto druids.
    Edited by Enim on 17/01/2013 11:06 GMT
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    Now...- just remove rune cost from Strangulate and everything will be fine! \o/
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Edited by Spamolol on 17/01/2013 13:45 GMT
    Reply Quote
    1 Blood Elf Warlock
    So lets see, warrior nerfs since MoP:

Intimidating Shout, CD
    Shock Wave, CD doubled
    Gag Order Glyph, totally removed blanket silence
    Warbringer, getting a DR nerf
    Taste for Blood, removed 2-3-5stacking HS
    Defensive Stance, dmg reduction nerfed
    Second Wind, nerfed
    Execute, damage buffed then nerfed
    Heroic Leap, Glyph nerfed
    Overpower, rage cost nerf
    Safeguard, "fixed/nerfed"

and lets not forget the flat damage nerf across all the offensive special attacks right at launch, around 15% dmg reduction.

I probably forgot alot more, anyway.. If warriors were druids or mages, 90% of theese changes would be reverted. But no, cause of the massive choir of babies crying, blizz will continue to nerf warriors until they arent represented above 1500 arena-rating.

So instead of just removing TfB and CD-stacking, they decide to pick apart most of the abilities warrior got, and nerf most other classes.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    To make things more fair, make monks serpent kick a 15 sec cd and make it go to your target. Then you can make paralysis a 30 sec cd and not break on xuens dot damage or make it remove dots when applied :)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]