Discrimination of Religions by Players go unpunished.

(Locked)

85 Undead Warlock
Hey, i have reported many religious discrimination and insults on trade/general chats of some realms. I wont give names of players because i dont want to cause trouble to those people anymore but whenever i contact a gamemaster about them. They tell me to change guilds, turn off related chats or ignore people.

Thing is if people do not get punished by insulting muslims or discriminating jewish person or telling retarded stuff about the pope in public chats. It would encourage them to do more of it. Its creating a conflict in game between fanatic people of some beliefs and people who are pious.

Please do something to stop this.
64 Dwarf Rogue
People argue about who has best imaginery friend?

Just ignore them if it bothers you.
85 Gnome Warrior

Got a live one here.

May God have mercy on your soul or I shall call down my wrath upon thee.
90 Pandaren Monk
Sorry, but there should be a difference between Harassment (Insulting and such) and discrimination here, as religion is one of the most discriminating things on this planet. Oh, you're not believing in our idea of a God? Well, you can just burn in hell then for eternity. Oh, you love men? Well, you're not coming in here then.

Bascily, harassment should be reported, but not for religious discrimination, as faith is a personal choice anyway and there is no right or wrong with that, even though some fanatics do not agree.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
in my point of view= all religions are Ok... but the fanatics, can go to hell, go take a bath in styx, get eaten by cthulu or be reborn as a tiny, squishy litle maggot! however their religion works :3 in my case, that would be hell(if i was a fanatic) but ima Pastafarian, so it's not rly that bad! it's pretty similar, but a lot worse quality!
09/01/2013 23:41Posted by Mijua
Bascily, harassment should be reported, but not for religious discrimination, as faith is a personal choice anyway and there is no right or wrong with that, even though some fanatics do not agree.

so true! givin u a thumbs up <3
1 Human Warrior
There's nothing different between saying "I'm a christian", "I'm a practicing jew" to someone not of those faiths and "what you believe in is total bullhockey", as either of those statements just says you believe their religion is false. But people like the OP just calls it harrassment in the latter case.

By definition someone of a religion (with some weird caveats) thinks ALL other religions are false. Far worse, they imply by the mere statement that anyone listening NOT of that religion will burn in whatever hell they have or have similar punishments. That by itself is a far worse harrassment than I can imagine.
the flying spaghetti monster's church doesn't discriminate! one of our most important rules are: let other believe whatever the !@#$ they want
This nonsense must be eradicated from human society, cause even these days its causing alot of harm and we live in [yagahyagahyagahyagah...]

In the name of your atheistic faith (because atheism is your God), you are ready to "eradicate", from the human society, any other "belief" that does not reflect your faith.
Here... This is a demonstration of how totally idiotic are "your" arguments.
But more than stupidity, it should point the finger on the great ignorance that is rampant in the world today.
Here... if you want to fight a war, fight the war against ignorance, but be careful: to fight the war against ignorance you must first stop being ignorant.
I know it is not easy, because ignorance is convenient ...
But with a little effort you can do it... all can do it.

Note: I do not care that you wrote what you wrote for faith, as a joke or for any other reason. I do not care that you have pinned "distinction" at the end of your thinking. However, what you wrote is absolutely horrifying and violent. Meditate ...
90 Human Warrior
Praised be the midgets whom recieves more touching by the spaghetti monster's appendages!
85 Blood Elf Mage
10/01/2013 00:28Posted by Lavonas
Peace in a world without any religion!!!!

Keep living in your dream world. Quite a few of the wars waged over, presumably, religious matters were made for the ones in charge of it to gain something personally. The religious fanatics are, to some degree, mostly being used.

Religion has, besides been used as a tool of power, also had some positive sides, such as giving people a reason to live, where they may otherwise not have been strong enough to want to, and made some people go out of their way to help others. Religion also has shaped some positive moral standpoints, which still are visible in most cultures.

If anything then certain people would have much to learn from some parts of the bible for example, even if other parts of the very same book seem outdated by today's standards in the western world.
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2013 02:00Posted by Hairira
Religion has, besides been used as a tool of power, also had some positive sides, such as giving people a reason to live, where they may otherwise not have been strong enough to want to, and made some people go out of their way to help others. Religion also has shaped some positive moral standpoints, which still are visible in most cultures.

Don't even approach that area, it is a very, very heavy thing to state, not to mention, extremely dangerous.
2 Goblin Rogue
10/01/2013 02:00Posted by Hairira
If anything then certain people would have much to learn from some parts of the bible for example, even if other parts of the very same book seem outdated by today's standards in the western world.

Aye... I especially like when someone advocates the Old Testament death penalty for rapists as in the bible, and the eyes they make when you dig out the rest of the law. The part where the woman must be put to death for adultery if no one heard her scream for help in the city. Or the New Testament family values guys when you dig out Jesus leaving his mom and siblings standing on the porch while dining with the disciples "because you're my family now".
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
Don't need to report it on general, where people already know this is happening, send tickets instead and if you have a problem with what CMs in-game and in the forums are doing, email them with your feedback. Chances are this thread will see a lock due to it going against the forum rules, and moderators really don't like talk of religion, especially when it's as in-depth as it's going. I'm not against religions (I believe in Christianity, though not its holy wars and inquisitions), but this isn't the appropriate place to talk about them.
90 Undead Mage
Don't need to report it on general, where people already know this is happening, send tickets instead.

Last time I put up a ticket about two players abusing each other in a dungeon run I was told to use the Report feature instead - supposedly they're not acting on tickets anymore for cases where Report is available.
90 Pandaren Mage
In the name of your atheistic faith (because atheism is your God)

what ? How can atheism be a god? we, atheists, simply reject supernatural stuff cause there is no evidence of any of it.
90 Human Warlock
A person complains about insults then uses the word "retarded" to describe people. Pot. Kettle. Black.
85 Tauren Hunter

Got a live one here.

May God have mercy on your soul or I shall call down my wrath upon thee.

please do that :) so I can finally be sure this so called "god" is real, I could never belive in anything without proof. But that's just me, guess im abit of a realist.

also to OP, reason most peoples talks bad about religion is because religious peoples have a tendacy to push their opinion down other peoples throught which leads to an argument because most atheist only find religious peoples delusional if they start preaching about it. Otherwise most atheists I know respect religion as long as religious peoples keep it to themself.
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's totally unnecessary and foolish to bring up anything religious or political in any internet related forum or chat channel.

Just don't do it.

People don't want to hear about it and nobody wants to see anyone being griefed about it either.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]