Gear Issue season 13

(Locked)

Hello everyone so me and couple of friends (around 7-8) just came back to the game
were all hardcore pvpers aiming for some high ratings but were all undergeared its bad enough were having to sit doing absolutely nothing since we are so undergeared (there is 0 chance to competitive even if we get high rbg raiting for like 3.4k cap or whatever). And now i read that gear difference with new honor gear will be massive when new season starts i mean come on?

How do you expect people who just came back to the game to be competitive at all when people who have t2 and !@#$ are 15 ilvls ahead +2/2 upgrades + TIER 2 i mean seriously?

New season is supposed to be time of rerolling time of trying new stuff out, right now there is nothing for us to do until new season starts bcz gear matters so much and we cant get it ..

Please if you read this just rethink ur decision about the gear.

*All newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent gear, weapons and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.*

Edit :

Most of the changes youve done so far to pvpers are pretty amazing it really looks like you started to care however the gear is still a huge issue , and know we appreciate everything youve done so far.
Edited by Refren on 17/01/2013 06:27 GMT
90 Pandaren Monk
OH look.. another 'gear complaint thread'...

Go buy Contenders gear and then grind for normal Deadful gear like everyone else...
i would assume that you could upgrade the gear from honor to match others 2/2
90 Undead Warlock
Gear still matters far far too much. When Facing players 8-10 ilvl gear higher including T2 they have to be bad or unlucky to loose unless they are severly countered by comp. It is wonderful they remove upgrades hope they drastically reduce T2 stats or remove the additional stats completely. And i really hope the patchnotes from today wasnt All the changes to PVP gearing we Will see. But a blog has been promised this week and today is thursday.
OH look.. another 'gear complaint thread'...

Go buy Contenders gear and then grind for normal Deadful gear like everyone else...

People like you are what ruins the community since blizzard listens to majority and majority are !@#$ing idiots.

Do you not realize there is not enough TIME i cant join mid season and get any rating or play seriously bcz there is not enough TIME

*ow go buy contenders gear and grind normal dreadful*
and then what? get 2k mmr and get 1 shot by anyone who has more brain power then a monkey?

Edit:

if me and my team want to get Glad/rank 1 and we joined mid season even if we are the best players in the game there is no way we can even get above 2400 bcz gear is so huge. im not saying give us gear for free but make alts/people who joined mid season who are late be able to catch up, give us something dno like every week that we didnt get cap we can get 50% of it or something. Or atleast when new season starts give everyone same gear so its somewhat fair..
Edited by Refren on 17/01/2013 09:33 GMT
90 Worgen Druid
Refren those of us with alts feel your pain also. It's very sad.

Blizzard made a blue yesterday about how MoP gear scaling is too good, and announced they have a blog post coming up on the subject of PvP gear. However don't expect changes until the next season.

I'm afraid you came back at a bad time. Even those of us who started gearing 2-3 weeks late into the season or didn't play RBG's are having massive problems.

For solving this problem at the moment I suggest farming RBG's to an absolute extreme. If you are lucky you may be able to get into rival or maybe even duelist range, but don't expect gladiator. At all.
Edited by Ishaye on 17/01/2013 09:40 GMT
90 Undead Rogue

and then what? get 2k mmr and get 1 shot by anyone who has more brain power then a monkey?

You are complaining about wrong thing, difference in defensive stats between full honor gear and full malevolent is not that big. Difference in damage is.

I had 63% resilience when I got full honor gear + t1 on this toon, thats about ~6-7% more damage taken then full malevolent geared rogeu. Problem is that I do no damage, while that full malevolent rogue does.

Why does everyone complain about wrong things. Its damage undergeared people lack, not defensive power.

You know whats problem tho? Next season honor gear is gonna have even more defensive power, but way, way less offensive stats. Its just gonna be even worse then now (sadly).
90 Worgen Druid

You are complaining about wrong thing, difference in defensive stats between full honor gear and full malevolent is not that big. Difference in damage is.

I had 63% resilience when I got full honor gear + t1 on this toon, thats about ~6-7% more damage taken then full malevolent geared rogeu. Problem is that I do no damage, while that full malevolent rogue does.

Why does everyone complain about wrong things. Its damage undergeared people lack, not defensive power.

You know whats problem tho? Next season honor gear is gonna have even more defensive power, but way, way less offensive stats. Its just gonna be even worse then now (sadly).

His complaint mentioned specifically that the damage from them was so big he had no chance to defend himself short of doing more damage, and he can't.

It's a matter of interpretation; calling him stupid makes you a appear like a bit of jerk really.
90 Troll Shaman
So new honor gear is 476, and upgrades will not work in 5.2, which means we will have to fight vs people with ilvl 491, sounds fun!

Guess its time to start gearing now then.
Edited by Isbäver on 17/01/2013 09:54 GMT
Community
17/01/2013 09:32Posted by Ishaye
Blizzard made a blue yesterday about how MoP gear scaling is too good, and announced they have a blog post coming up on the subject of PvP gear. However don't expect changes until the next season.
As this is a very similar topic to the discussion happening in the thread you're talking about, please continue this discussion over there.
Linksezezez: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383610

We are aware that entering an arena season late can frustrate some players. Hopefully the upcoming blog will alleviate some of your concerns in regards to this as I too know the feeling of entering an arena season a little bit too late :,(
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]