Some dungeons need to change to sute todays wow.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello

Recently i have been leveling and i have a few suggestions. Starting in order or level

In WoTLK i was leveling with my friend i got 80 before him he was still 79 and we couldn't do random dungeon finder because i was 80. That needs to change.

The new WOTLK dungeons POS TOTC HOR ect are getting missed out because of item level. May i suggest removing them from the WOTLK dungeon list and add them to the Cata dungeon list and attune them correctly.

Throne of the Tides needs to have quests inside and not from the long quest chain

The Stone Core needs to have the quest added from the earth elemental chain.

The Cata dungeon Lost City Needs to be lowered to a lvl 83 dungeon there are no new dungeons at this level and its boring.

The cata dungeon Halls of Origination needs to be lowered to 83 and have quests added.

The Normal versions of the End time instances need to be attuned for Mop starter level.

There is simply not enough normal level dungeons in MOP consider adding lvl 88/89 versions of some of the heroic only dungeons.
Edited by Bubblejob on 15/01/2013 08:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
True. Missed a lot of dungeons while leveling my monk. And there are just way too few MoP dungeons (only 4...).
Reply Quote
Community
Thanks for your suggestions, we’re aware that some dungeons are being somewhat missed out by players while levelling up, and I agree, they’re missing some really great PvE content.

I believe that one of the possible issues is that some of those instances are probably not tuned with the new players in mind, they were instances that were added late on previous expansions and so they are supposed to be harder and they wouldn't be a good experience for players levelling up for the first time. Tuning older dungeons (revamping quests, tuning bosses/mobs, items) is something that takes time and currently the focus is on level 90 content, but don’t worry, devs are aware of this, if there are any changes we’ll let you know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Don't forget all the BC dungeons that are passed over soon as you hit lvl 68 - namely the ones in Netherstorm. Not fun running Utgarde keep 15 times in a row (if you're lvling through dungeon finder) when there are about 6 other dungeons below it that are bypassed completely!

Same can be said for a lot of the Wotlk and Cata dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
there are indeed a lot of dungeons skipped while leveling..

some things cought my eye while leveling an alt

53 - 58 you basicly only get 1 dungeon.. Black rock mountain.. which makes the leveling seem to take ages..

almost all BC HC's and WotLK HC's are skipped... making it nearly impossible for new players to get achievements from those.. (you can try queueing for them.. good luck on that.. once did a 7 hour queue for a LK HC)

at lvl 85, the cata HC's give less xp than MoP normals.. maybe it should be tuned so they give about the same amount?

are there any plans to add a new MoP dungeon for leveling 85 - 89? currently, leveling with only the 4 dungeons, and the vast amount of XP needed to level, makes that you are burned out on those 4 dungeons, and than still have to grind them for HC gear..

i would NOT like to see a new HC dungeon which gibes easy epics, like it was in MoP, i love how the progress got restored and i hope you guys from Blizz keep it this way, despite the crying of the lootbabies..
Edited by Cleoo on 16/01/2013 18:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As far as I know heirlooms have an item level of 1, and that prevents a lot of people from reaching the minimum ilvl for those dungeons (BC HC, WotLK HC, etc). Even without retuning all the dungeons, maybe something could be done to let heirlooms users queue.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Warlock
I would love to see the raids implemented aswell along the process of levling in LFG-Mode.

something like a 10m tuned version that one can cue for seperatly to 5m dungeons. once you enter the raid you loose your 5m cue.

It would be amazing to face Illidan or visit Ulduar along the journey to 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
16/01/2013 20:44Posted by Gna
It would be amazing to face Illidan or visit Ulduar along the journey to 90

+1
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I've always thought it'd be cool to experience those areas on alts. Don't know how much work it'd take though. I suspect a lot more than just tweaking numbers and removing abilities. :D

On a related note, Scenarios are the sort of content that are only fun once or twice. I'm surprised none of them exist as levelling content.
Edited by Isseit on 17/01/2013 11:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
15/01/2013 08:31Posted by Bubblejob
The Normal versions of the End time instances need to be attuned for Mop starter level

There are no normal versions of that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget all the BC dungeons that are passed over soon as you hit lvl 68 - namely the ones in Netherstorm. Not fun running Utgarde keep 15 times in a row (if you're lvling through dungeon finder) when there are about 6 other dungeons below it that are bypassed completely!

Same can be said for a lot of the Wotlk and Cata dungeons.

53 - 58 you basicly only get 1 dungeon.. Black rock mountain.. which makes the leveling seem to take ages.. 

two very good comments i forgot to mention.
Also whats the deal with Brd the heart of the mountan quest requiers you to loot keys can you make the key a quest item and usable on all the safes. Also it needs to be much more clear what part you are doing my group ran round killibg almost all bosses before getting bored and left.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I'm not sure why exactly difficult dungeons are not what new players want, my first char I levelled in cata from 1-80 in a couple of weeks and as soon as I hit cata dungeons I was over whelmed by tactics, I was unaware that dungeons even had tactics up to that point.

I've found that new players tend to be the most patient when it comes to learning curves and very rarely tend to complain about wipes in low level dungeons, its when you hit end game stuff that people complain about wipes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]