Lack of motivation for arenas in 5.2

90 Night Elf Druid
Elite gear changes made in-game prestige gone for good. I'm aware of the fact that I'm not gladiator material and will never be one, so my only goal 2.2k breakpoint for elite gear is gone, mediocre players like myself just won't have reason to pvp anymore - sorry "Duelist" or "Rival" in the end of 6 month season just won't cut it, peace out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Word.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
fun?

so all these 1550er players will stop playing cause there aint t2 people at 1700 anymore and all people will have mroe equall gear so skill will matter more?
Edited by Shígure on 19/01/2013 15:47 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
yeah pretty much same as op, reason i play wow is random and rated bgs, arenas on my realm are dead and even with top rank i would have norting from it in patch, as i have better looking mounts and better titles
having same gear with 2.4 rating after 200 pretty hard rbg games as backpedaling ppl who are shocked when i run around them is really stupid

same gear wont make anything more balanced, as there still is 11 classes, and some will allways be better, and some will always counter another hard

balance criers should go play fps games
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Healthy competition, self game improvement.

Though most pvpers agree that vanity rewards should be placed instead of gear difference as a motive (for those that need a motive to pvp other than dynamic gaming/competition/fun) since before cata.
Now that the one is getting settled, probably the second will get as well.
Reply Quote
5.2 kills pvp imo
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Im going to like not facing T2 geared rbg heros carried from 1500-1700 by gear then getting stuck
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
that change is sooooo crap...

elite geared backpaddling 1300 heroes wont be that dangerous at all, but i cant see where its fair to give them the same gear as ppl, who rly train, search for improvements and finally get high in rating.
i mean... i myself dont have a 2,2k rating...never had...but i know: when i cant break it... I JUST DONT DESERVE TO HAVE IT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
that change is sooooo crap...

elite geared backpaddling 1300 heroes wont be that dangerous at all, but i cant see where its fair to give them the same gear as ppl, who rly train, search for improvements and finally get high in rating.
i mean... i myself dont have a 2,2k rating...never had...but i know: when i cant break it... I JUST DONT DESERVE TO HAVE IT

Funny that you mention it, I heard alot of players say that gear should not matter in PvP, it should be skill based. No need to worry then eh? ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I don't think anyone that has been at 2.2k or above more than once cares about having unique things.

Grow a pair and get used to it. Who cares. Your getting a 2.2k unique transmog enchant to keep you a special snowflake for your hard earned( >.> ) 2.2k whenever you decide to get it. If you've lost motivation from the fact you don't have a retarded weapon to global less experienced people thats your own problem, don't make a thread on the forums as if its some huge issue your not PvPing.

Peace.
Edited by Blizzard on 20/01/2013 17:53 GMT
Reply Quote
You can still get rating, they are just changing it so you can't FOTM re-role for the season and then power your way up the ladder like a brainless moron. Why do people play FPS' and other games which don't give tiers for things, to make it more FAIR.

These changes will make things more balanced, and if you can't even see past your own perspective, you are probably one of the high rating jerks who exploit whatever you can in arena, thats not fun, fun is just playing the game to enjoy it. Players can still get high ratings, they just have to make sure their wins are more consecutive and consistent, making ratings a lot more honest.

So now you can't hide behind a high rating, and you will probably get a lot more respect for having it IMO. I love how the new gear system works, it means I can stay loyal to my favourite class and not be forced to re-role.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
why do you play this game? only for gaining pixelprizes?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah all i talked to lost motivation to push 2,2 in arena or rbgs. U can just go casual on alts and all ur chars will have same gear. Skill should be awarded!

Scrubs runing around with t2 weps is just wrong, its like giving herroic pve weps for lfr scrubsl, its is totaly wrong!

Why should pvp be diffrent from pve? Wow always been good when u need to work for ur gear, this is turning into gw2, which will be wows fall, i hope blizz realize that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
fun?

so all these 1550er players will stop playing cause there aint t2 people at 1700 anymore and all people will have mroe equall gear so skill will matter more?

Its bad, skill = better weps just like pve.

If ppl are skilled they wouldnt be stuck on 1700 either.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
19/01/2013 16:09Posted by Cìndy
Im going to like not facing T2 geared rbg heros carried from 1500-1700 by gear then getting stuck

Then why are u stuck at 1500-1700 then? If its so easy to get rbg weps why dont u get them?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You can still get rating, they are just changing it so you can't FOTM re-role for the season and then power your way up the ladder like a brainless moron. Why do people play FPS' and other games which don't give tiers for things, to make it more FAIR.

These changes will make things more balanced, and if you can't even see past your own perspective, you are probably one of the high rating jerks who exploit whatever you can in arena, thats not fun, fun is just playing the game to enjoy it. Players can still get high ratings, they just have to make sure their wins are more consecutive and consistent, making ratings a lot more honest.

So now you can't hide behind a high rating, and you will probably get a lot more respect for having it IMO. I love how the new gear system works, it means I can stay loyal to my favourite class and not be forced to re-role.

Or u can get elit gear on all your alts and beeing very good on ur maia and !@#$ on alts, all got same gear, its is kinda depressing.

Pvp turning into some casual, u can go casual whoe season and then when u get elit gear just push hero of the horde. i dont think blizz wanted that since they said, they wanted "alive", this will just make rbgs more dead and ppl will just cap arena.
Edited by Deathwalk on 19/01/2013 17:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I really dont get what the hell you guys whine about.

A true pvper wants it to be about skill and not f*cking gear. Everyone is boosted nowadays anyway so it is the best decision blizzard has made in a long time.

The ONLY one's who are against ppl worse than them getting the same gear are the same people who got boosted or lucky rbg rating. You are just used to outgearing people.

PvP should ALWAYS be about skill. Nothing else. And the achievements still exists and people will still want to fight for higher conquest cap and rating.

Gtfo
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I really dont get what the hell you guys whine about.

A true pvper wants it to be about skill and not f*cking gear. Everyone is boosted nowadays anyway so it is the best decision blizzard has made in a long time.

The ONLY one's who are against ppl worse than them getting the same gear are the same people who got boosted or lucky rbg rating. You are just used to outgearing people.

PvP should ALWAYS be about skill. Nothing else. And the achievements still exists and people will still want to fight for higher conquest cap and rating.

Gtfo

Look what happend to Gw2 pvp when all got same gear, ppl lost motivation.

Ofc bettter players should have better gear. With ur logic all pvers should have seam gear? Cause its about skill right?

I can guarantee less ppl will play pvp after this change, making this game way too casual. Rewards promote skill, promote ppl to get better, this change u will see backpaddle ppl with elit gear, and they have to try to be better players.

Gear progression is the biggest motivation in mmo games. I mean look at bf3 even in a fps game u have to work for weps and to unlock stuff, it makes games more interesting.

You are just bad and lazy player, that wants seams gear as good ppl with no effort in it? Give me 1 reason us hould have same gear, if u suck at the game? Skill must be rewarded.
Edited by Deathwalk on 19/01/2013 17:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
19/01/2013 17:22Posted by Deathwalk
Look what happend to Gw2 pvp when all got same gear, ppl lost motivation.
I played GW2, and i can tell you that it was not the gear that drove me of that.

Clunky movement system and Boring abilitys was the major points of why it was a bad game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]