Most efficient way to farm JP for heirlooms in MOP

90 Human Rogue
Hey guys, my friend and I are RAFing ATM, and finding that the lack of gear due to outlevelling content so quickly is a pain. So we thought we'd hit 90, farm some heroics for JP, grab some heirlooms and level another alt.

But I was looking around the web, and it seems JP gains have been hugely nerfed in MOP. In Cata heroics, I used to get 70 odd JP per boss, and 150 for a dungeon (before the guild perk increase, obviously). However, the MOP heroic bosses are giving only 35 before perk.

Would it be possible to freeze level at 85 and farm Cata heroics until we have enough JP? We're at 65 after about a week into the RAF, so we'll be 85 in another week or two. Thanks for your help, guys.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't know that Cataclysm heroics will reward you differently anymore... but one thing that might work is actually farming honor and trading it for JP, even if you have to farm 50% more that way.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
24/01/2013 04:21Posted by Asyluna
Would it be possible to freeze level at 85 and farm Cata heroics until we have enough JP?

Should be possible.

24/01/2013 05:54Posted by Hexbomb
I don't know that Cataclysm heroics will reward you differently anymore... but one thing that might work is actually farming honor and trading it for JP, even if you have to farm 50% more that way.

Once lvl 90, I think it's the best way to farm JP. Actually, I farm JP by killing the new rares in Krasarang (those of patch 5.1), each of them has a 100% drop of 250 honor, iirc.

You could also wait for 5.2, it was announced that once valor capped you'll gain jp instead of vp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Would go with Battlegrounds, done that on my alt and its amazing how fast you can farm honor and convert it. Obviously its great when you win (get a bit more honor and some conquest), but it does not seem like a major let down if you loose cause you still get honor at the end no matter what. Preferably do it with a lvl 90 so if you win you get a bit of conquest as well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
3-4 battlegrounds can yield 1500 jp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
During leveling you get plenty per dungeon and cap your 85-90 character quickly. It becomes tedious once at L90 tho.
Edited by Azryel on 24/01/2013 08:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Go with scholomance in hc 1k jp in 20-30 min
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
5 mans. A lot of them.
Reply Quote
just get some high dps friends and waste heroics
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can with 5 dps just zerg every heroic in under 10 minutes, and each boss drops 120 JP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]