CRZ, poll

90 Orc Mage
I'd say put a poll on the website let people make a choice. I play on a pvp realm and its great, but what is the point of people killing low level players?? u dont get any honor. just to waste my time?. Im sick of running back to my corpse all the time. If you are so strong.. go kill level 90s.

Inb4 go play on a pve realm. NO i started in a pvp realm before CRZ so blizz should remove crz or put somthing like 10 levels between attacks.
Again stop killing low level players while questing or whatever.

2nd: stop killing npc's? I have got few level 90s i can come on my mains and kill all npc's but what the point of that? NPC's should no be able to be killed. atleast quest givers.

what do u guys think?
Reply Quote
Community
Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm unfortunately.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The idea i like, cause these are not the only issues with CRZ, but the issue you are giving are indeed kind of weird for some one playing a PvP realm. As those realms are all about PvP, STV for example was one of the hottest area's in vanilla WoW in terms of PvP people actually avoided that zone all together cause of it when leveling a char. Same goes for hilsbrad foothills, they used to be very contested.

But even though the levelers ran away from the zones, fearing to get corpse camped all day, other lvling PvPers actually went down there to face the horrors and get there kicks while leveling true content.

I think what you need is another realm where there is no world PvP ;)
And i think the poll is not bad option, so blizz can figure you what its own player base wants, cause there has been a lot of talk about CRZ since it was released.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
the community overwhelming dislikes CRZ we just don't complain so much about it due to MOP being released and we hardly ever notice it now.

obviously blizzard will ignore this as they have spent so much time and money on the technology which in its self is pretty awesome stuff but for a game like WOW they have failed to implement the changes required for us to benefit from crz more than handicap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard wouldn't open it up to a poll. As far as they are concerned, CRZ is totally wonderful and the most amazing thing that they have ever implemented into WoW... All the players out there who hate it because of the many bugs it brings to the game (oh, sorry, not bugs... you should indeed be dismounted in mid air when on a 2man mount.. working as intended!!) are basically in the wrong.. "CRZ is awesome and everyone should stop complaining" is the only thing Blizzard actually hear when anything is said about CRZ.
Face it.. we're stuck with it.
Reply Quote
51 Dwarf Shaman
the community overwhelming dislikes CRZ we just don't complain so much about it due to MOP being released and we hardly ever notice it now.

obviously blizzard will ignore this as they have spent so much time and money on the technology which in its self is pretty awesome stuff but for a game like WOW they have failed to implement the changes required for us to benefit from crz more than handicap.

Source on this please?

I have ready many posts over the last few months and i'd say 50/50 even split.

And based on the OP's moan about PvP ganking - sorry, but like the blue said; ganking has been part of PvP servers since day 1 and it's a case of suck it up. I don't like it either; but I switch to other toons if it annoys me too much - and I never ever gank lowbies.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Seriously the only expercience i have gotten wth CRZ is a good one.
A guy stated in /1 that he needed some help doing a quest. So i said can do only lvl 90 so you would probs be tailing me and looting. He said np. And of we go, did the quest togeter after that i boosted him twice thru a dungeon.

I don't mind more ppl in the zones, those empty zones as they where in cata is a bit too extreme. It make the world grow bigger in wrong way.
Reply Quote
according to certain MMOC threads the only people that ;like crz are gankers and those who want wpvp to return
Reply Quote
I have always ganked low levels and I will continue to gank low levels. Get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm unfortunately.

But the problem is that the design intent doesn't sync up with the reality of how most (low-pop) PvP realms have operated for the vast majority of their existence.
Regardless of whether there's always "supposed" to have been world PvP and ganking on PvP realms, for a lot of them this has been a very minor part of the server up until now.

Surely the devs can understand how the changes brought on by CRZs have vastly altered the way such realms operate, and not in a universally welcomed light?

It just perplexes me a little to hear that this is "intended", as though every PvP realm has always been like this. Because they really haven't, and a lot of players got comfortable with the lack of action.

The solution remains a simple one - allow CRZs to be a feature that can be toggled, just like every other player grouping system in the game. They're a fantastic piece of technology, but the way they've been implemented is hurting many players rather than making them excited about the change.
Edited by Lirena on 21/01/2013 16:47 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Stop being little whiny girl. You play on pvp realm? So get over it. Ganking lowbies is nothing unusual or new, if you can't stand it, well... You know the direction - PvE realm. CRZ is one of the greatest addition to game, as world now is not empty. Im really tired of this. Constant whine about CRZ, about LFR, about flying mounts, about everything. And majority of this is not constructive in any part.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Put down the weed. Which overwhelming dislikes? Most people I know like CRZ. They simply don't go on the forum to tell everyone that they like it unlike you and the few other whiners here.
The community likes it, a small chunk of it doesn't.
Putting a poll on the forum doesn't help either since it's mostly whiners that go on forums while the rest enjoys playing WoW.

And like everyone else always says, transfer to a PvE realm and stop crying. I level countless alts and don't mind being ganked at all, nor do I mind dying when I take the portal to Outland, get over it and transfer.
Edited by Zeus on 21/01/2013 17:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
21/01/2013 17:13Posted by Zeus
Most people I know like CRZ.

Hey, for me its totally opposite. Most people I know hate CRZ, but they just don't bother posting on the forums about it.

But then again, i play on a low-pop PvE realm. Which means we are in a place where CRZ only add negatives values to the big picture.

I still can't believe that Blizzard somehow thought this would fix it for low-pop realms, and instead has just made things even worse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
A possible solution would be to make spells and attack damage scale with the level difference, so that the low level gains a damage boost to make up the high levels health pool and the other way round lowering the high levels damage output so that the low level has a chance to survive. But as damage output rises significantly at certain levels, that would be rather difficult to balance. Aside from that it would be the technical details which I could imagine to be a true headache then. Nonetheless it would be worth a concept. It could actually work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I love PvP and thats why I chose a PvP realm. How ever, I'm trying to level up my alt atm (level80) but questing is a pain. There's gankers everywhere and I'm sick of relogging my warrior every 20 minutes. It's too crowded, I'm being forced to go back to dungeon leveling again. Also, try to farm TLPD now.. theres more than 3 players on 1 camp spot, making it even harder to get (Trying to get it for 4 years now...)

EDIT: It's also very laggy
Edited by Délicia on 21/01/2013 18:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
21/01/2013 16:53Posted by Silesius
Stop being little whiny girl. You play on pvp realm? So get over it. Ganking lowbies is nothing unusual or new, if you can't stand it, well... You know the direction - PvE realm. CRZ is one of the greatest addition to game, as world now is not empty. Im really tired of this. Constant whine about CRZ, about LFR, about flying mounts, about everything. And majority of this is not constructive in any part.

dude you just dont get it i guess. Level 90s killing low lvls 10-40/50.. this is not World PVP
Remmeber pvp means PLAYER VS PLAYER.. you think i have a chance against lvl 90 while im on my alt leveling? I dont mind if a lvl 30 kills me while lvling ( im lvl 25 on my alt) bcs i can fight it or run away..But a level 90 just has to look at me im already dead. so no point for me to run away.

Yes i did join pvp realm to fight against players but this is not how it works nowdays... try to go into The dark portal without dying 50 times. and this is just one example
Edited by Flameorc on 21/01/2013 18:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

No, no, no.

Ganking is an outdated and useless mechanic that serves as nothing but accepted griefing/bullying. Same level pvp is FINE - but a lvl90 with 350.000 health vs someone with 2000 health is not challenging and again serves no purpose other than to let the high level be a prick.

Back in vanilla when "ganking" also existed, there was much less difference in the health of a level 40 and a level 60. Sure the level 60 would be red but in many cases a couple of 40s could fight back a level 60. Didn't happen often, but it could be done.

Before cross-realm zoning this ... issue existed yes. But CRZ magnified that problem by a large amount. The biggest issue with "ganking" not being fun or serving any purpose is because of the stupidity of the bloated stats this game has now.

Give people a chance to actually fight back and not just be one-shot with a overkill 20 times their actual health. Until you fix that, and change the perimiters of CRZ rules (nodes, etc) - disable or give people a choice.

I think it would be healthy for Blizzard to own up, push the pride aside - admit CRZ in it's current form isn't ideal and start working on sorting these issues out.
Edited by Stexchi on 21/01/2013 18:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
dude you just dont get it i guess. Level 90s killing low lvls 10-40/50.. this is not World PVP
Remmeber pvp means PLAYER VS PLAYER.. you think i have a chance against lvl 90 while im on my alt leveling? I dont mind if a lvl 30 kills me while lvling ( im lvl 25 on my alt) bcs i can fight it or run away..But a level 90 just has to look at me im already dead. so no point for me to run away.

Yes i did join pvp realm to fight against players but this is not how it works nowdays... try to go into The dark portal without dying 50 times. and this is just one example

^this. world pvp is a joke nowdays. Blizz should fix it for 5.2/5.3 Im sure u guys can do this.

I'd say let players decide to put on or off crz. or lower ganging lvl.
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
21/01/2013 17:28Posted by Torsdag
I still can't believe that Blizzard somehow thought this would fix it for low-pop realms, and instead has just made things even worse.

They didn't claim that it would fix the problems with low populated realms.

The intentions were to fill up the leveling zones again. And that has worked excellently.

People got it twisted somewhere along the line.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

"What's the matter? The blender was always designed to shake things around rapidly while they're chopped up into tiny pieces.
We just removed the lid.

There is no difference that I can tell, other than that the blending experience is a more VISCERAL ONE.
WHICH TRUE BLENDING FANS WILL APPRECIATE."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]