Minfernal misery

90 Night Elf Druid
DND
I'm trying to catch a minfernal and I was under the impression that they spawn after killing the infernal sentry's in felwood, or at least that what it says in my pet book. I've killed hundreds of the damn things, so many in fact that a Wall of the Dead dropped, I gained a stack of felcloth and a bag full of eyes. The rare spawn Imolatus even popped up twice and I killed that, I killed nearby tainted rats etc....yet not one single minfernal has spawned. Am I doing it wrong? Why are there none around? D:
Edited by Lisanna on 20/01/2013 07:55 GMT
Reply Quote
After maintenance/weekly reset
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
Is that the only time they spawn? :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I got a minfernal by keep going there and looking at different times of the day and got mine early one morning but there was only 1 in the area, seen none since then.

if you have chars on different servers try them also as i have for other rares and found them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I got mine some time around 9pm, which is usually quite busy. They can spawn any time, they are just on a very long timer.
After a server restart seems to be the best bet, as the rare pets added before 5.1 still seem to use the old spawn pattern, i.e. they spawn all at once rather than randomly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
Ok, thanks for the info. I guess i'll make more regular fleeting visits on multiple toons/servers instead of camping on one toon for the night. Hopefully that'll help? If not, I'll have to try and make sure I'm up on reset night.

I only need the minfernal and the quiraji guardling for kalimdor safari, and I can't get the guardling until summer, so I guess it's not the end of the world if I don't get a minfernal before then, but it would be nice.
Edited by Lisanna on 20/01/2013 10:02 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'm trying to catch a minfernal and I was under the impression that they spawn after killing the infernal sentry's in felwood, or at least that what it says in my pet book.

This is indeed what the book says, however I'm pretty sure it's wrong.
I have read several places that the pets do not share spawn-time with the mobs there.

Anyway, this is a rather popular pet + it's one of the rarer pets to find.
I would suggest camping the spawn place with chars of different realms. This is how I got mine - found it on the server Nagrand.
Also like mentioned, right after a maintenance seems to be a good time too.
And lastly, I heard some servers don't have Cross-realm-zones yet. I don't know if it's true. But in case it is, Felwood is usually a cross-realm-zone, in which case you could be lucky there too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
Yeah I'm on Argent Dawn, which isn't CRZ, so i've been trying there - although its also a high pop realm, so i'm not really sure i get much of an advantage. I do actually have a toon on nagrand, so maybe i'll check on that realm if it was lucky for you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Didn't know Argent Dawn wasn't CRZ. Thought it was only certain other language realms :P

Nagrand is cross-realm unfortunately. However I have been able to find some of the rare pets on Nagrand, as there generally seems to be fewer people farming than on other realms I got chars on, might be just me though.

Lastly. I would also suggest using something alike Terrible Turnip for catching pets. It has an attack that cannot kill an opponent, making it ideal for catching wilds pets with - at any level.
I personally didn't know about this when I found my Minfernal. And hence I was so afraid of my pet landing a critical strike on the last attack.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I got one last night. Showed up, about 5 people sitting on mounts over the pools. Ran around killing the big infernals. 15 minutes later a little one spawned right next to the big infernal elite in the ring of fire to the east of the pools. Was only a green. I'm not sure if killing them helped, I mean i could say it did, but then if there was 5 people there, maybe they were expecting a spawn.

My friend got a rare blue after making the CRZ bug by catching a flightpath from Nordrassil to Fireheart point and spamming /target min and interact with target buttons.

I think if a pet is this rare, then they should all be blue. Or they need to sort out CRZ because its really not funny having 5-10 people camping a 24 hour spawn when theres plenty up on our own realm we cannot access. Thunderhorn being paired up with Magtheridon, Stormrage and some other huge realms is making people exploit these bugs, and they don't care less because they feel its the only way.
Edited by Vickii on 20/01/2013 15:44 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
I may have been one of those people last night Vickii, this toon is on thunderhorn as well, and I popped on every now and then when I got bored of staring at nothing in Argent Dawn. :P

Didn't know Argent Dawn wasn't CRZ. Thought it was only certain other language realms :P

Well its limited because its an rp realm and there aren't many of those, and also it is a very high pop rp realm. I don't know if it got left out on purpose or if its simply because its population is high enough that its never needed to phase into CRZ.
Edited by Lisanna on 20/01/2013 18:12 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
got mine at a total random hour just flying over to check, there were even 2-3 people camping who didnt notice it. just check it while you're out doing tamers or whatever :>
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Problem is this crap CRZ system that nothing good has come from! So many people from so many servers camping them that you have no chance of catching one - even after server reset the realms my server shares with come up before mine so any minfernals get caught before i can log in.

Worse thing is that i know there are minfernals on my realm - if i fly in on a flight path i can see them on the floor but on landing crz kicks in and they disapear, also npc scan picks them up on login but again crz kicks in and they vanish!

BLIZZARD ENABLE CRZ OPT OUT FFS!! If people are that bothered about being on a low population realm they should pay for a realm transfer!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
20/01/2013 18:50Posted by Alexfaniv
Worse thing is that i know there are minfernals on my realm - if i fly in on a flight path i can see them on the floor but on landing crz kicks in and they disapear, also npc scan picks them up on login but again crz kicks in and they vanish!

Yeah that keeps happening when I look for scourged whelpings in northrend. It's such a pain. x-x
Reply Quote
42 Undead Priest
I saw one once, was about to rightclick it when it faded into nothingness.

I don't like CRZ :<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
Just checked thunderhorn, argent dawn and nagrand straight after reset and not a single one has appeared. A bunch of tainted rats spawned, but none had minfernals as secondary's. :(

On a higher note, I did at least get a scourged whelpling. Poor quality, but oh well. At least I have Northrend Safari now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Making a deathknight alt on Portugal realm solves the problem quite good. And as you can take flightpath to Dalaran anytime you get those 1g 70s or whatever it costs, and you can get a free ride to Argent tournament from Krasus Landing, you can also take a shot on scourged whelpling as there are multiple spawn spots where you won't aggro anything even at that level 58 or whatever you'll be.

I've got both rare minfernal and scourged whelpling this way. And also the small yeti from Feralas.
Edited by Vrba on 23/01/2013 11:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DND
Thanks for the tip Vrba. Now to just force myself to do the death knight starting area. :P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
So despite being an avid pet battler since release I finally got my Minfernal today after taking desperate measures...

I created a DK on a RP realm, as these aren't high pop and only share CRZ with other RP realms. It took me two hours to level it up and get off the starting zone, then I headed straight to felwood. Logged in off and on yesterday with no luck, but I did notice I often had felwood to myself for long periods. This morning I logged in and one was waiting for me. Happy days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just tried the "create a DK on portuguese realm" and after 4 hours I got the elusive pet, poor quality but who cares got a stone to upgrade anyway... Need to say I camped for about 2 months on a common pve and pvp realm with no luck...

If you really really want this pet, this seems like a sure path... No guarantees but worked for me at least.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]