Give x-realm Arenas, or free migrations on low servers!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
On many servers, especially low pop ones there is hardly enough pvp playerbase to do arenas on a high lvl. You could say "you shouldn't have chosen x server" but I can reply that 2-3-4 years ago it was a different story with a bigger and move active playerbase.

Now everyone migrates to Stormscale as horde - from the start of the season i've seen so many people from my server leave for Stormscale that it really feels sad.

Implement a UI to help you find RBGs and Arena partners cross-realm. Something like guild-finder maybe would do the trick. If you can't do that, give free migrations from low pop-servers.
It is very sad to feel that you are milking us for more money (20 euros PER CHAR?!!!) up to a point where we either pay that ridiculus amount or just quit.

Please give a blue response about this - it affects user experience more than buffs/nerfs/content. I think we are paying a reasonable amount of money to be asked to give so much more to maintain user experience to the standard level
Edited by Enìgma on 29/01/2013 10:39 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Won't happen , it costs $$ . Either migrate or level a new char.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
not really needed to put in new feature, making it possible to que as xrealm group would be enough, similar to rbg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Aparently they need to tweak battlegroups and create a chat to look for people isntead of creating 1lvl chars to spam trade..
Reply Quote
Community
It would definitely be cool to team up with friends who are playing on realms other than your own for arena. A while back, Ghostcrawler said on Twitter that he would also like to see cross-realm arena teams in World of Warcraft, however at this point in time we don't have any plans to implement a feature that enables you to search for or create an arena team cross-realm. :(

Edit - Whoops, silly mistake
Edited by Nakatoir on 29/01/2013 15:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
That's because all the transfers gives Blizzard €€€ & $$$.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk

can u blame them? I certainty dont
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Well I don't blame them on charging for transfers, but considering it's a subscription based game they should fix dead realms.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Indeed they should.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you very much for your response.
I am trying to illustrate this issue right now, because we still got some time till the start of next season. By your saying though, i understand that it will take considerable waiting time for this to be done.

Please try to stir things about this issue - i understand devs spending time deciding on pvp fixes, but if people cannot really play, they cannot see your work. Transferring to another server means at least 40 euros (plus 40 euros for each friend) if you have a couple of chars. This money is not easy to spend, everyone knows things are not going very well financially.

Leveling new characters is also very hard given the fact that people are working as well (not to mention another 4-5 weeks to get decent gear to step into arena, let alone go high). In addition, some of us are bonded with their chars.

I would say "let us transfer cheaper" - yeah this is an option, however it's far from optimal. Everyone would go to Stormscale (horde), suffer big queues and a trade chat that causes to headache to look from the extreme speed people write to it.

In my opinion, either enable x-realm arenas (along with a UI to find partners without having to create 1lvl chars on every server), or give low pop servers the change to migrate to medium ones, or even merge low pop servers. Low populated servers are dead and sad to be into.

The conclusion is that we are playing an MMO game, and low pop servers are MO, lacking the 'massive' part...Me and others have invested so much money on this game, that i think deserve something more than our current solutions
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock

Well I don't blame them on charging for transfers, but considering it's a subscription based game they should fix dead realms.

Yes they should in a perfect world. Too bad this is a perfect way to make money since not only are their character transfer/faction change services ridiculously overpriced, but by not fixing the issue of dead realms they force people to use these overpriced services and make good amount of $.
Reply Quote
won't happen, i learned that myself, having 9 90's on a dead pve realm. recently rerolled 1! 90 on a PVP realm, not gonna feed blizzard with 20$ each char. it's insane.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oqueue addon for cross realm RBG. Will fix half of your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
don't have any plans to implement a feature that enables you to search for or create an arena or RBG team cross-realm. :(

please what? Crossrealm RBG is in the game since s11 O_o
Reply Quote
78 Troll Mage
Merging low population realms is the solution.
Reply Quote
Community
29/01/2013 14:59Posted by Misaka
don't have any plans to implement a feature that enables you to search for or create an arena or RBG team cross-realm. :(

please what? Crossrealm RBG is in the game since s11 O_o
I guess it was just one of those silly moments for me... >.<
Edited by Nakatoir on 29/01/2013 15:15 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Cross realm Arenas is needed if they want the PvP community to continue growing. It's far to expensive to transfer around to maybe find decent partners with the same goals as yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would also add observer mode in order to further involve the whole gaming community into watching wow arena games - however we lack more basic features at the moment :D
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warrior
Bit of an odd question but has there been any consideration by blizard to merge the really low pop servers?

I mean some servers have tiny populations that cant really support consistent pvp without cross realm function.
Reply Quote
7 Goblin Shaman
My apologies but cant you just say it out loud allready?

We dont want to invest time and effort for the arena play any longer and we want to remove them.

Sorry but it just seems way too obvious :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]