Fandral's Flamescythe + Transmog

90 Tauren Druid
[quote="65237557305"]
On a more serious note, I too loved the fire cat model and the other day I decided to level my druid a little bit and noticed that I still had the fire model effect even after changing weapons. I suppose that’s what Senel was talking about in his post.
Anyway, this is far from a perfect solution and might even not even be intended and eventually get fixed, I’ll ask devs about this though, maybe there’s a way to add it along with transmogrification, but I’m guessing this might be simply a design decision, fire cats are cool but they’re also er… extravagant and maybe a bit too flashy, I don’t know if seeing every druid as a fire cat would be interesting or just annoying.

On that note: Could you also talk them into giving us the fire scorpion as an alternate bear form ;)? That would be awesome!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Sozin

...10 man where the chance of seeing this drop was lower than winning the lottery every ....
....specifically to ONE spec, for ONE class, and with only 25 man raids having more than 1 feral druid in the setup, i fail to see the issue of "too much graphical noise", truly i don't, just another cop out excuse not to allow "fun" and unique items to persist past the time the item was relevent content.....

I love your post! And absolutely agree with you.

My main is Monk. But I really would like to see this possibility on Feral druid. Nice shiny cat.
That is just for fun of game. I really want give to druids some love. To bad we have zero feral in or 25 man guild.

Also I don't thing that ALL FERAL DRUIDS will go for it. Somebody just dont care. Some just things that it doesn't fit etc.
Edited by Mnauka on 25/02/2013 11:49 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
29/01/2013 15:32Posted by Agrocantho
in patch 5.2 there is an item with 5 charges and an 10 minute duration that has the same effect

Once again, Wowhead comes to the rescue: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94604

I know it’s not the permanent solution that some of you have been asking for, but that would defeat the purpose, this is intended to be a special item/model and we don’t want it to become the standard.

This item will still allow any druid to turn into a fire kitty for times when you really want to show off and heat up the place, or when you just want to do a cool machinima to the sound of The Doors. The effect should persist through death and the item is BoA.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
in patch 5.2 there is an item with 5 charges and an 10 minute duration that has the same effect

I know it’s not the permanent solution that some of you have been asking for, but that would defeat the purpose, this is intended to be a special item/model and we don’t want it to become the standard.

This item will still allow any druid to turn into a fire kitty for times when you really want to show off and heat up the place, or when you just want to do a cool machinima to the sound of The Doors. The effect should persist through death and the item is BoA.

Where do they drop? With it being a green item I can imagine it's relatively easy. Part of some lore, having to kill Majordomo every time we want a new one? hope not, I went through a ton of kills just to get the staff, I officially hate firelands now.

That said, I have the staff, a 2 hour cooldown is just a little too much imo, 30 min cooldown on it's use effect should be more then enough. Or make it so if you shift out of cat, it doesn't get rid of the effect, until death.
Edited by Moosie on 26/02/2013 17:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
26/02/2013 16:40Posted by Taepsilum

Coooooool, any detail on how to acquire them? Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd rather owning the staff, or completing the Firelands meta, or the achv for killing Rag, etc, gave you a mail from 'insert NPC' with a 'minor glyph of the Firelands'. I like the cat form but not that keen on the staff model and would rather not have to choose between firey cat form or a nicer looking staff. Similar to how I dislike having my bear and cat form models colours directly linked to with my characters hair colour.

Then again... if the fire cat doesn't have that leg animation mesh bug the night elf cat models have... you know the one that hasn't been fixed for over an expansion, then I would definitely use the fire model instead (yup, just checked in game and firecat doesn't have the glitch leg). It's quite amazing how long its been bugged and yet totally overlooked - I can only assume it's just not considered important enough to spend any time on a fix. The worst part is that I remember back in Cata the Tol Barad spectral horse had a very similar glitch in one of it's legs... which got fixed pretty damn fast - take that how you will, but to me feels like we're just considered too much of a minority to spend the time it would need to fix it.

But yeah, if we can't have some decent use of the fire cat model (I don't class consumables or having to switch weapons in combat as decent) it would be nice if they could at least get someone to look into fixing the glitch on our base nightelf cat model.

Thread from 2009 on the bug:
http://www.threadmeters.com/wow/jZnabd/BUG_Night_Elf_Cat_form_graphics/
Edited by Shir on 27/02/2013 00:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
A minor glyph to enable all Fire Druid forms would be amazing. I'd like a change from looking at a bear-behind all day. :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It would be epic if the staff could give the effect when it was transmogd.
Would love it! Blizzard please do something about it !
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You can get the fire seeds from firelands so the "problem" with the staff is now fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can get the fire seeds from firelands so the "problem" with the staff is now fixed.

Yep, you get them on the lava near Stagehelms portal near the encounter area.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It would be much better if druids could get a class quests for it like warlocks. I miss class quests so much, it would be great if every class got something like this after a class specific questchain.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Geeee. i Hate those burning seeds. I want the real thing. I fought for the staff in the firelands back then to get the staff but didnt get it T-T. and now, when i want it back from the old days because of the transmorgation, you just throw some wierd seeds in my head saying its the real thing. Im not looking for seeds. I want to transmorg the staff and make myself a firecat :(.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I prefer it this way to be honest. This way you need to put even little bit of effort into being firecat most of the time. If you could just transmog the staff and have fulltime firecat then everyone and their alt druid would be firecat. Besides, i'm guessing they would need to put lot of effort into making it so the staff transmog would give the form as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The seeds takes about 5minutes to get, but you have too zoom in very close the first time to actually see them.

They are as said above at the portal in the lava "pool" but they are small.. i mean really small
Edited by Druudsan on 29/08/2013 09:41 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]