What would you like to see in a new World of Warcraft?

90 Human Hunter
At some point, Blizz will reset the levels. So for example, a level 10 would be the equivalent of a current level 30, etc. They'll level squish and bring down the levels to about 60 again and they can start all over from there. WoW will never end aslong as Blizz makes a profit.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
30/01/2013 17:46Posted by Jonní
The expansions and patches pretty much forward the timeline, making the game progress without the need of a sequel. I'm sure a sequel would be good to some degree, but it can only do so much where expansions for its ancestor can't, and vice versa. I'm sure it'd have a lot of people paying for either, or even both, but trying to continue one game with expansions and keeping up with another.... that'd be pretty hard, especially lore-wise. Not to mention, closing down or just stopping WoW altogether wouldn't do that much good either - if people can't handle the next game's engines and such, they won't play the game for all that long. And if original WoW stops bringing content, it's very easy for players to give up on the franchise altogether. I know there's Twinks too, and they can experience older content for years, but everyone has a different threshold for patience and how much they want and when.

Or in short:

30/01/2013 14:44Posted by Zazkya
There is no reason.

Or like the quoted text states, how are those games going to exist next to each other ?
WOW will just keep on evolving.
So, no reason to make a mk2.
Unless you want to seperate PVP from PVE or such, but I can see a lot of people who won't be happy about that.
Reply Quote
Community
Typically the things people say they want in a WoW 2 game are things that could just as well be upgrades and additions to the current game through patches and expansions.

I have commented on this topic before btw, but I am still curious about what it is that people would like to see in a new World of Warcraft game that couldn't be done with the current game.
Reply Quote
77 Gnome Mage
I'd rather have a Warcraft 4.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
30/01/2013 17:25Posted by Draenìel
I am talking about a brand new game with the name WoW 2

But this does not answer the basic question, "why?".

If you mean a game with a totally different world, different maps, different races and classes, different spells and abilities, different graphics, why not just try a different MMO and pretend it's called WoW 2?

If you mean the same world, same maps, same races and classes, same spells and abilities, same graphics, what would be the point?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Typically the things people say they want in a WoW 2 game are things that could just as well be upgrades and additions to the current game through patches and expansions.

I have [url="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5300150955#10"]commented on this topic before[/url] btw, but I am still curious about what it is that people would like to see in a new World of Warcraft game that couldn't be done with the current game.

The only reason, why a WoW 2 may be needed, is to replace the current graphical enginge of WoW, so WoW 2 would be the exact same game, but with a brand new engine.
Reply Quote
I wonder what lore titan is going to be about.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What people do not realise is that each expansion is in fact a new game. And Blizzard would be stupid to make a whole new game while the current one is still so popular (remember EQ1 and EQ2...).

That being said, it is getting old although it's new.

I would indeed like a whole new game, not needing the old continents, starting from scratch. Perhaps dedicated players could get could get some bonus at start to get it goiing?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I have [url="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5300150955#10"]commented on this topic before[/url] btw, but I am still curious about what it is that people would like to see in a new World of Warcraft game that couldn't be done with the current game.

The thing about WoW 2 and simply maintaining two distinct versions of WoW (i.e. vanilla servers etc.) is that they are two ways of expressing the exact same idea. What it boils down to is having two World of Warcrafts running in parallel.

I don't think Blizzard need to split their efforts in two, but I think they have to do a better job of remembering what made WoW what it is. I'm seeing a resurgence of correct interests and ideas from the development team after a quite horrible time during Cataclysm, and that pleases me, but... sometimes I really sit there and wonder what happened to my beloved game. Mists PvP just is not as good as tBC or even WotLK PvP was, and the main reason for that is bloat, which is something that can be resolved by making a WoW 2 I guess but... eh...

The problem is people step into WoW for the first time, and this is especially a problem for PvP'ers, and they just can't get started. How to do so? There are all manner of reasons why the last 20 levels or so are painful to level up through PvP (bots, twinks, low XP gain), but it doesn't stop there. The PvP game has too much mandatory content; things you MUST learn. Too many spells, too many glyphs, too many strategies, too many buttons to bind and so on. I've played since release and I can't keybind a feral without castsequence or swifty 1-shot macros. I just CANNOT. Not enough space on the keyboard.

And you keep hearing about this. Oh my there's too much CC, and there are too many immunities, and there's too much burst, and there's too much healing, and there's too much item level gap, and there's too much... everything!

The game is just too big in a sense, and yet WoW is the game that never ends, isn't it? Well, there's a difference between things you can learn and things you must learn to enjoy WoW. We can all go do old vanilla raids if we like but we don't have to. They're there for us, for the most part, to simply enjoy, but woe be to you if you don't know the ins and outs of Warsong Gulch or Alterac Valley, and don't even get me started on learning the more than 2000 mechanics of the classes.

I've personally suggested overwriting spells with new spells of different names, as a more interesting version of spell ranks (see e.g. Claw -> Mangle) to get the number of abilities down in the endgame while still providing exciting new spells as you level up.
Edited by Ishayu on 30/01/2013 18:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd Love to see a Wow v2, a complete new game that has everything the paying customer has been asking for over the years....

It'll happen eventually, but I bet Blizzard won't be holding the reins :)

Ive seen it before 2 years......
And we all know how ended...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well, titan is a new mmo, wait for that one.
Reply Quote
18 Draenei Monk
At least now you've clarified it. I can understand to some degree how it would work, though I think it'd be far too easy to stray from source material (World of Warcraft, rather than the RTS), as if it's set in the future, it'd have to clear up everything in between. The novels do that pretty well covering timelines before the playable parts of the RTS, and everything in between with the MMO.

The expansions and patches pretty much forward the timeline, making the game progress without the need of a sequel. I'm sure a sequel would be good to some degree, but it can only do so much where expansions for its ancestor can't, and vice versa. I'm sure it'd have a lot of people paying for either, or even both, but trying to continue one game with expansions and keeping up with another.... that'd be pretty hard, especially lore-wise. Not to mention, closing down or just stopping WoW altogether wouldn't do that much good either - if people can't handle the next game's engines and such, they won't play the game for all that long. And if original WoW stops bringing content, it's very easy for players to give up on the franchise altogether. I know there's Twinks too, and they can experience older content for years, but everyone has a different threshold for patience and how much they want and when. Just see what happened with Dragon Soul, or heck, even Rise of the Zandarlari - more content had to be given, because sub numbers were sure to reduce until more was given out ^^

Talking about dictating, you just explained how eveything would work out from the perspective that you see the the issue from.

And now to your lack of creativity, is that you still dont understand that WoW isn't a real history and it can be changed and be rewritten as Blizzard pleases.

Your lack of knowledge that World of warcraft only has two more expansions to go then the game is completely finished. And that Blizzard as a company is divided into different game developers and do not forget that Blizzard is one of the most successful gaming companies.

30/01/2013 17:46Posted by Jonní
Who's the one dictating and deciding now? You can't be certain if I'll be playing the game upon release or not, due to "lack of knowledge and creativity". I'd want to see how it rolls out first, and my computer's pretty bad so I probably won't play it, or be able to play it.

What has "lack of knowledge and creativity" to do with if you are able to play the game in release date or not. However it seems that you agree on me there, If blizzard were to create an amazing new game, we both would try the game fast as we could from the release date.

You could be arguing about how bad it is that titan is coming out, for we don't know what titan is. <--- Se my point?

A WoW 2 would be something new from WoW 1. You can't be certain how it is going to work out for Blizzard.
Reply Quote
18 Draenei Monk
30/01/2013 18:12Posted by Milus
I'd rather have a Warcraft 4

You have a point there xD

I would also love to see Warcraft 4.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's an analogy.

You're half way through a Snickers bar, almost finished. Instead of finishing your Snickers bar, you buy another and start on that.

I don't see the logic in this. Enlighten me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Here's an analogy.

You're half way through a Snickers bar, almost finished. Instead of finishing your Snickers bar, you buy another and start on that.

What?
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Paladin
30/01/2013 18:50Posted by Ishayu
What?

Imsurroundedbyidiots.gif

Key word: Analogy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Three words, updated character models!!!!

The old classes feel so ughhh, I wish they had more facial actions like new races.

You ask what is it that people are looking for and yet it has taken so long to update them, is it your last secret weapon against a rival mmo? Because that would be lame.

Updated character models already!
Reply Quote
18 Draenei Monk
Here's an analogy.

As I wrote :P It is due to your lack of creativity and knowledge, that you cannot possibly understand how something like WoW 2 would be anything different then a wow expansion.

You don't just buy a another snicker bars, you buy something new something bigger something more tasty than the first snicker bar. Something that you have not seen before. And therefore you need creativity to try imagine how it would taste.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Hi Vaneras,

What I would like to see, is a new take on the world. When the cataclysm happened, it was mostly fantastic. However even since then, Deathwing has been defeated and the Pandarens have came to Azeroth, yet we don't really see many repurcussions. A whole new game, perhaps set 5 years afterwards, or perhaps a Warcraft 4 being set between the two games to establish new lore and story, would allow a lot more scope for change.

For instance, I'd like to see gnomeregan as a bustling main city hub. After the siege of orgrimmar, what state will that city be in? And perhaps there would be a new capital for the horde.

Over time, things change and expand. Cataclysm was a good way of updating the content, but still I'm sure you'd admit that it's an awful lot of work to do more than once, and was more to bring the out of date quest/grind/gameplay into line with the current content. There is still a lot of areas that haven't changed much and theres always debate when instances or any content is deleted or amended, in a sequel there would be a much free-er creative license.

A new game would just interest me with lore possibilities, the decline of the deflas, the decline of the scourge, the influence the races of Outland and Pandaria have had on Azeroth etc. Dalaran belonging to the alliance for instance is something that would be an awful lot of effort to integrate into the current game as it is integral to the hordes levelling experience. It's also a chance to completely restart with the knowledge already learnt, in terms of balancing, class design etc and would just be "fresher" than an expansion or patch. I personally love the questing and levelling experience and would love to level in an Azeroth brought up to date with the recent events.

I would certainly buy it, as would many I should imagine, but you are right, you do a good job in patches and expansions and I am happy. I do think though, it would be nice to expand on the lore in terms of consequences of the various campaigns in a different venue, be this warcraft 4 or wow2. I know there are books and things, but I'm not really a book person.
Edited by Vickii on 30/01/2013 19:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Imsurroundedbyidiots.gif

Key word: Analogy.

An analogy of what? This !@#$'s worse than a car analogy. I cannot see how it relates to the game at all. What actions are similar when playing WoW and eating snickers?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]