[Shadow] Idea for shadow priests.

90 Undead Mage
I was doing some low CR rbgs on my alt when suddenly i came across an idea i thought would be decent and buff/nerf/fix to shadow priests. so here it is

as you all know and im sure you do, fade & plague and other tools are being nerfed in 5.2 i personaly think Sp will still be a great class overall, but i have a feeling it will be more mana starving then ever.

Shadow word death: Now provides 5% Mana when failing to kill a target

as sw:d can be used 2times the % could be lowered, but seeing right now Sp's goes oom in 2v2/3v3 if the team is good enough. and i mean if you get a really good chance to sw:d and he does not die you should not be struggling, you should be awarded?

most priest spells have a relative high mana cost in Mop such as listed below:

Shadow/overall spells:

ShadowForm 7,800 Mana
Spyfiend 12,000 Mana
Mass dispel 39,000 Mana
Shadow Word: Pain 13,200 Mana
Halo 40,500 mana
Power Word: Fortitude 13,200 Mana
Mind sear 9,000 mana
Shadow Word: Death 7,800 Mana
Mind blast 9,000 Mana
Fade 10,500 Mana
Vampiric Touch 9,000 Mana (Gives 2% mana/tick )

Healing spells:

Binding Heal 16,200 Mana
Flash Heal 17,700 Mana
Power Word: Shield 18,300 Mana
Renew 7800 Mana
Prayer of mending 10,500 Mana

Now those numbers do not look like "Hey its really expensive to cast"

but if you now look at the other casters/mana users in this expansion they do have infinite mana, and its really hard to keep up now that disc priests are going to be very strong and since most here know Dots dont give mana back if absorbed (VT). and mages really never drop under 95% mana unless spell stealing(could be said same for priests healing), same with warlocks(fel flame)

so i thought maybe a Shadow word: death change to buff aggresive playstyle or something.

Of course this spell should be made baseline for shadow and also made only to work vs players to avoid (pet killing mana stacking) as of now i see most Spriests running on relativly low amount of mana all the time, and you really dont want to use disperse for mana as it opens up swaps to you or train comps to trian more.

so what would the community think about a change towards this? would it be something that you would like to see or something you would not like to see and if so, why not?

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/235986-priest-idea-for-shadow/#entry3844721

/Discuss.
Edited by Djfrostbomb on 05/02/2013 00:14 GMT
Reply Quote
63 Troll Druid
This really makes no sence.

Just make VT give back mana eventho it dosnt do dmg ( Absorbs etc.) nerf mana cost on SW:P, if too hard just give us infinite mana like the rest of the wizards plez..

Ps. Please remove psyfiend..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This really makes no sence.

Just make VT give back mana eventho it dosnt do dmg ( Absorbs etc.) nerf mana cost on SW:P, if too hard just give us infinite mana like the rest of the wizards plez..

Ps. Please remove psyfiend..

The idea behind this is to give Sps something thats been missing, seeing that warriors get free overpoweres in execute range, and dks get a 50% haste buff after their execute.

and lets face it, Sw:D does not nearly do as much damage as execute.

but now over the the idea, please keep it constructive guys!
Edited by Djfrostbomb on 05/02/2013 00:14 GMT
Reply Quote
63 Troll Druid
The idea behind this is to give Sps something thats been missing, seeing that warriors get free overpoweres in execute range, and dks get a 50% haste buff after their execute.

and lets face it, Sw:D does not nearly do as much damage as execute.

but now over the the idea, please keep it constructive guys!

So just ignore the fact that you acually get an extra free SW:d when you land a succesfull one under 20%?

Stop trying so hard..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Do you really think mana is our issue : P? Sure we ran out of mana against spesific comps/if we mass dispel alot but there is bigger problems

MOBILITY

SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE

Shadowpriest getting so much nerfs because people whining about void shift. ILL TRADE THAT FKING VOID SHIFT TO STAMPEDE ANY TIME

DEAR GC GO DO SOME 2S AS SHADOWPRIEST
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 10:08Posted by Luffemiss
So just ignore the fact that you acually get an extra free SW:d when you land a succesfull one under 20%?

Comparing to Execute, SW:D has a cooldown and make less damage. And double SW:D still provides only 1 shadow orb, and that's a real problem, for example, when you try to finish warrior and see that his passive healing is more powerful than all your damage. And as for now, getting a target under 20% - that's a trick.

05/02/2013 10:53Posted by Deadvanilla
MOBILITY

+ 10000000000!!!

SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE

And also dot dispel protection or some bonus on dispel. Hate playing vs healers, when you oom in no time...

Shadowpriest getting so much nerfs because people whining about void shift. ILL TRADE THAT FKING VOID SHIFT TO STAMPEDE ANY TIME

Or shadowfiend with less damage, but following you all the time like a water elemental ^_^

DEAR GC GO DO SOME 2S AS SHADOWPRIEST

+10^99!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow Priest is fine. You just have to learn to play efficiently.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 07:29Posted by Aaptii
Shadow Priest is fine. You just have to learn to play efficiently

I guess, you know, how to play? So, maybe you could give all the newbies here, especially me, a master-class, how to stand against a warrior, dk or rogue? Opposing people with the same gear and with no shadow orbs stored. Video pls ;)
Edited by Мууняша on 08/02/2013 13:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Mana should not be an issue if you´re doing a good job with your dots . It´s as simple as that .
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
good teams wont allow you to cast VT very much and the frequency at which you can cast them a dispel WILL be off cooldown >.>
going full defensive just using instants for heals ooms us very quick, i don't see the problem with our heals, FORCE the spriest to offheal as much as possible and make him use dispersion for mana, then train the spriest.. its really not hard to get around our 'imba' off heals that come with a huge cost!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]