LFR 50% boss suggestion

90 Orc Shaman
Would LFR be better if the changed the amount of bosses got reduced for that raid?

For example: MSV -> instead of LFR allowing you to kill every boss, let it be only the first 3.

Pro's:

- New players discover what the basic principles of raiding are.

- Players don't see the entire raids of a new patch in less then 2 hours, but instead they get a feel for how the new raid feels and what it looks like, and incase they want to discover the other part they are encouraged to join a raiding guild and really get into the game.

- Less gear; This is again an encouragement for players to join raiding guilds. If they want to be in full PVE epics they have to join a raiding guild. I don't think with the current LFR difficulty LFR players should be able to be able to have full tier and full epic gear just by running LFR (this isn't a special snowflake thing by any means, but I do believe it removes the "Epic" feeling when seeing a player in full tier gear [LFR looks the same, just some color changes])

- I think players would also feel less "forced" to run LFR since it's only the first 50% of the bosses (= less gear obtainable). I don't know how strong the LFR gear will be in 5.2 but I do think the guilds that raid normal modes and those that are just stepping into heroic modes (which I think is the majority of the raiding guilds) will find many upgrades there, and incase they want to bring their A-game for the guild it would be very benefical for them to run 5.2 LFR, even if they don't want to.

- More pugs: Players who can't join a raiding guild due to IRL would be encouraged to create a pug when they have the time for it, this increase the amount of pugs, which is good for other players like them or player who like to gear up alts etc, and this could also be good for the realm community as you get to learn other players.

Cons:

- Some players would not be able to see the entire content

- Gearing up alts would be harder, as you can't receive full BIS LFR gear anymore.

This was just an Idea that I feel would improve the implementation of LFR, feel free to throw some ideas of your own and disccus!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
- Less gear; This is again an encouragement for players to join raiding guilds.
Or to just simply stop playing because there is less content available.

01/02/2013 13:57Posted by Avalanchlol
(this isn't a special snowflake thing by any means, but I do believe it removes the "Epic" feeling when seeing a player in full tier gear [LFR looks the same, just some color changes])
Yes, it is, if you don't like LFR, don't do it. But don't remove content for other players so you can feel like a special snowflake.
Edited by Evelake on 01/02/2013 14:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I really don't see what good this would do.

The less gear part would actually be a bad thing for normal mode raiding. Some guilds need the LFR gear in order to progress in normal. Yes this does come under the "Forced to do LFR" thing you mentioned. But valor point gear is so very slow to obtain and we're not all Paragons that can clear normal modes in almost entirely 463 level gear.

I also don't see LFR people wanting to migrate to PUG's especially. I imagine I am not alone in using LFR queue time as time to do daily quests - something you can't do while sitting in a PUG raid group waiting for that third healer to join (who can't be another druid, because if it is that other druid will leave and you'll have to find someone else).
Reply Quote
Pro's:

- New players discover what the basic principles of raiding are.

Raid Finder is not an introductory tool for raiding. It's aimed to players that can't participate in organized raiding (or don't wish to) for whatever reason.

Players don't see the entire raids of a new patch in less then 2 hours, but instead they get a feel for how the new raid feels and what it looks like, and incase they want to discover the other part they are encouraged to join a raiding guild and really get into the game.

It's true that if you're a normal or heroic raider, it kinda sucks to go in and discover the whole place in just 2 hours. For 5.0.4 raids, Raid Finder was unlocked one week after the raid was released on normal mode.

Less gear; This is again an encouragement for players to join raiding guilds.

Which is exactly the opposite of what LFR is supposed to do. It should be a venue of character progression for those players. Arbitrarily punishing them so they join raids would defeat the purpose of it in the first place. The gear is already lower ilvl, and the other rewards from Raid Finder are lower as well.

More pugs: Players who can't join a raiding guild due to IRL would be encouraged to create a pug when they have the time for it

So, if we get rid of half the content from the Raid Finder, players are going to get into more pugs because we got rid of the abilty to conveniently get into pugs? Think about it, players who can't join a raiding guild probably can't schedule either their playtime with complete strangers.

Gearing up alts would be harder, as you can't receive full BIS LFR gear anymore.

BiS LFR gear? At this rate, I swear one day we'll see "BiS green gear" used as an argument to justify something... I'm not attacking your point though (especially for those that enjoy gearing up alts it'd be definitely a negative aspect).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
reasons why i dont raid and do hc dungeons this exspansins are that getting pve gear is slim. and i dont like doing daylis quest to progress in pve and a cap on valor? i would understand if it was a weekly cap but come on.
doing daylis to get any gear drop is dumb

I liked the way they were like in the past like Isle Quel´Danas
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/02/2013 16:31Posted by Draztal
Gearing up alts would be harder, as you can't receive full BIS LFR gear anymore.

BiS LFR gear? At this rate, I swear one day we'll see "BiS green gear" used as an argument to justify something... I'm not attacking your point though (especially for those that enjoy gearing up alts it'd be definitely a negative aspect).

If you check some of the guides on fan websites, they actually DO have BiS lists for every gear level. most have a selection of:

BiS pre heroic 5 man, no epics;
BiS heroic 5 man, no epics;
BiS heroic 5 man, including epics;
BiS LFR (usually called pre normal modes);
BiS normal raids;
BiS heroic raids.
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
I am afraid yet another Official Forum poster brings humiliation, ridicule and embarrassment on the organised raiding community of whom he purports to be a member.

I feel quite sorry for that community because I am sure that the majority are not vindictive, spiteful snowflakes that seem intent on biting the hand that feeds them.

It is another case of turkeys voting for xmas. RF is not particularly worthwhile for the target audience as it stands. Only a few people in my social guild bother running it. Maybe they prefer running the other content available and perhaps prefer a less stressful solo environment, maybe they don't consider it worth it given the poor drop rates many experience.

Regardless it seems that whilst RF might currently have a decent uptake I suspect that many of the users are wavering in their desire to run it. Any attempt to make it less attractive would no doubt cause a flight of players away from it. If enough start leaving it would again put raid content back in a position where it cannot justify its development cost.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/02/2013 16:57Posted by Stinkyedita
It is another case of turkeys voting for xmas. RF is not particularly worthwhile for the target audience as it stands. Only a few people in my social guild bother running it. Maybe they prefer running the other content available and perhaps prefer a less stressful solo environment, maybe they don't consider it worth it given the poor drop rates many experience.

Speak for yourself.

I used to run LFR all the time before I started levelling my alts. And for me as its target audience - I find it more than worthwhile.

I enjoy running it, rarely have had a bad experience. It's worthwhile because I get to see content I wouldn't otherwise see.
Edited by Shatiah on 01/02/2013 17:03 GMT
Reply Quote

Speak for yourself.

I used to run LFR all the time before I started levelling my alts. And for me as its target audience - I find it more than worthwhile.

I enjoy running it, rarely have had a bad experience. It's worthwhile because I get to see content I wouldn't otherwise see.

i agree with this and i would also like to add that some guilds are struggling to get started raiding coz of them not seeing how its done in normal and things like that and people like the op want to give these guild more people that cant commit due to RL or other stuff?

all tho lfr is annoying me a bit

but since there hasn't been much normal mode raiding happening in my guild i make do
Edited by Gridleson on 01/02/2013 17:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
01/02/2013 16:57Posted by Stinkyedita
RF is not particularly worthwhile for the target audience as it stands

Please don't presume to speak for the community at large. I'm quite happy with where it is, it is simply that the loot system needs a smidge of tweaking. A happy medium between free gear and low droprates.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Who are you to tell others that they need to join a raiding guild.

I raided for 5 years straight on. Now at mop our guild stopped raiding. So i decided to leave our empty server Executus and go to a higher pop server. From that point on, i only do LFR. I dont wonna join a raiding guild again and raid so many days a week. I like to do a lfr when i want so i got more time for other stuff too.

I pay as much money to the game as you and i dont tell you to do lfr or whatever.

LFR is a blessing for people like me, ofc it isnt perfect but atleast i still get some items once in a while and see all the content. We people that only do lfr, also have to be happy with the lower Ilvl you guys get from normals or heroics. Do we complain? no... leave the LFR alone and you play as a special snowflake your normals or heroics. And for the pugs... i dont wonna sit 2 hours in sw waiting to get a group together and when finnaly start, after 1 or 2 bosses, we again are in sw to find other people for the leavers. no no, im happy with lfr so leave it like it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
When your "suggestion" of how to make the game better is to take content away, I can't imagine it working out, Ava.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 17:41Posted by Pyrokee
And for the pugs... i dont wonna sit 2 hours in sw waiting to get a group together and when finnaly start, after 1 or 2 bosses, we again are in sw to find other people for the leavers. no no, im happy with lfr so leave it like it is.

man this guy knows how most people feel about pugs i want do normal so i join a guild to do so and that's my choice. i just hate pugs now even in 10 man its not worth waiting 2 hours trying to fill a grp only to have a few attempts at 1st or 2nd boss only to end up back in shrine/sw looking for replacements.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
How about NO! Maybe Blizzard should remove Normal Mode and Heroic Mode? More Player are using LFR than Normal and Heroic-Mode, so why should Blizzard cut content to make the upper 5% happy? I wanted to quit WoW until Blizzard introduced LFR, and since then i really love to play this game again, because i can see all content i like.

I for myself can only play LFR because i cannot play on a fixed shedule, so no if Blizzard would cut content so i would rather quit the game.

I only see one problem in LFR; it is too easy. I would rather like to see LFR and LFR heroic, that is as hard as at least normal modes. Even if it means a lot of wiping: LFR with an heroic-mode thats the same as normal mode (and shares an ID with normal mode/heroic mode) would really be exiting.

So please @ OP, don't be such a special Snowflake and let us others have the fun to play this game as we like it. YOU DON'T ARE FORCED TO DO LFR, especially if you have heroic gear. Maybe there lies the problem. Because if you have complete heroic gear, you already have an higher ilvl than LFR-Gear on 5.2.

And if you are forced to do it from your raid guild, then quit. Because in the 5.2-Raid-Instance, the bosses are made to be killed with normal mode gear from the 5.0-Raid-Instances.

But since you didn't post on your main I'm maybe only throw fish on a troll.
Edited by Sankras on 01/02/2013 18:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/02/2013 13:57Posted by Avalanchlol
Less gear;

More pugs:

Um ... those two doesn't really mix well together. Last I checked, raiding gear was higher ilevel than LFR gear. Meaning that doing normal raiding will always be more beneficial than LFR.

Keep in mind that some bosses don't make it past the first 3 bosses, so your pug group wont see any of the locked content, because they aren't good enough for it.

Finally how is less gear a good thing for progression with an unorganized group? If the players don't feel enough dedication to the game, they aren't going to study all the details like the rest of us. Which means they aren't reading up on what stats are beneficial to them (like how much of an effect being hit capped has). Meaning that they need every upgrade they can get if they wish for some sort of progression in normal raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
We see more and more trheads against LFR.

You don't like it, don't do it, but i don't want to see LFR disapear, neither i want to see it to be only a partial content of the normal raid.
Please stop being morons and spit against this little part of the game because you want to forbid some players to discover all the game content
There is no valid point in this.
This is a game.
Edited by Teianâ on 01/02/2013 20:46 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I am sure that there alot of us, who like character progression, but dont have time to do normal / heroic raids. Looking for raid is a perfect solution to us (together with dailys, heroics and scenarios).
To take content away from us, would be sooo stupid and probably lead to less subscribers.

As other folks told, if you dont like LFR - then stay away. No one needs to gear up in LFR, even though it can be a help (which is good).
Reply Quote
I expect to find lists soon like:

BiS Cooking gear
BiS Pet battle gear
BiS gear for people who like to collect flowers in elwyn

SCNR
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
RF is not particularly worthwhile for the target audience as it stands

Please don't presume to speak for the community at large. I'm quite happy with where it is, it is simply that the loot system needs a smidge of tweaking. A happy medium between free gear and low droprates.

Your choice to waste your time being a sucker.

If you were rational about it you would run it once to "see the content" or perhaps half a dozen times whilst you still need a large number of items and then after that you would move on to more effective VP farming.

There is no progression element as you find in Normal or HC raiding. You see it all the week each wing opens. It isn't exactly fun or challenging after that point.

Another mug addicted to the rush of random loot I guess?

Clearly the members of my social/casual guild have more sense than I credit them with in comparison to some players.

Edit: Back on topic I wonder how many of the OP's suggestions would have to be implemented before you wake up and smell the coffee. That was the original point I made. I believe a large number of players would wake up pretty soon.
Edited by Stinkyedita on 01/02/2013 21:44 GMT
Reply Quote

Your choice to waste your time being a sucker.

why don't you stop hiding behind your lvl 3 i bet your main has loads of lfr gear

i bet if lfr content was halved/removed blizz would love about half their subs
Edited by Gridleson on 01/02/2013 22:07 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]