LFR 50% boss suggestion

90 Draenei Paladin
03/02/2013 01:18Posted by Nyran
If you don't have a time for something. Why should you as a game creator make it easier for those who doesn't have time to play your game? I don't get it!

'Or don't wish to.' I'm very happy with the guild that I'm in and don't really enjoy standing in a city trying to form a group. I could commit to a few nights a week if I wanted to, I just don't want to.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 00:43Posted by Tomoshibi
If you don't have a time for something. Why should you as a game creator make it easier for those who doesn't have time to play your game? I don't get it!

Good question. Why should a game company be interested in making the game accessible to a broad variety of gaming styles?

I would believe they want to have as much players as possible by adressing a lot of different gamers, or what would you think?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

It is the wrong direction to go. Your aim should be to make the game good. Not to make people d8q9u29ahwdsadq2

Are you in all seriousness asking why a business should make it easier for their customers to use their product in the way they prefer?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
01/02/2013 22:50Posted by Mirenia
Having LFR as a tool for those who cannot commit to organized is fine (all thought I dont agree to it), but why do they have to get gear from it? It's not like they're gonna need it if they're not gonna start in normal/HC modes. They get to see the content anyway.

And exactly where do you need normal mode gear for if you only do normal mode or hey wth is there hc raid gear what they gonna kill with that? for the last time lfr is not to see the content.
You dont see top hc raiding guild ask for normal mode gear to get removed do you, it the same as what you asking for.
Reply Quote
If you ask what a lfr raider needs gear to, its the same answer to the question what a normal or hardmode raider need gear for.

03/02/2013 12:39Posted by Bunchies
for the last time lfr is not to see the content.

For me it is for seeing the content, but it also is for char progression. Its a combination.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
That is the worst idea that has ever come to mind.
Not everyone can join raiding guilds due to the fact that if you don't join one at the start of the expansion, these guilds would have gone so far that joining them is not a option.
Sure pugs are made, but these pugs can't always be filled. Like yesterday for myself, i spent an hour trying to find people for a pug raid, and ended up missing one tank.
I called off the raid.

Plus you have to be honest with yourself. This is completely biased.
You're probably mad about other players having better gear than you because of the amount of LFR gear mixed with normal gear.
What you are asking, just does not make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And exactly where do you need normal mode gear for if you only do normal mode or hey wth is there hc raid gear what they gonna kill with that?
For HoF and terrace, they are scaled higher then MSV unlike lfr, you seem to be unaware of that even in normal mode you actually need to get better gear to be able to complete all 16 bosses.

There are fights not doable in full 463 blues due to enrage timers and scaling damage paired with weaker healing and lower mana regeneration as you go from first parts of MSV to later parts of HoF and terrace. There is no such demand on any of the LFR instances.
Edited by Pandalism on 03/02/2013 16:29 GMT
Reply Quote
For HoF and terrace, they are scaled higher then MSV unlike lfr, you seem to be unaware of that even in normal mode you actually need to get better gear to be able to complete all 16 bosses.

You know that you need at least ilevel 470 for lfr HoF and terrace?

You know that you need at least ilevel 480 for 5.2 thunderking lfr?

Sorry, but lfr raiders also need gear to progress.
Edited by Nessaya on 03/02/2013 17:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/02/2013 17:32Posted by Nessaya

You know that you need at least ilevel 470 for lfr HoF and terrace?

You know that you need at least ilevel 480 for 5.2 thunderking lfr?

Sorry, but lfr raiders also need gear to progress.
Blizzard putting an item level requirement on the queue is not relevant to how much gear that is actually needed to down the bosses assuming proper play, i.e not having 3 healers and the other 3 being dps that signed for a shorter queue or doing 35k dps in 470 ilvl, where they should be at 50-60k. Only reason that the item level needed is that high is because blizzard knows that a lot of people in LFR can't play decently, hence why they put a higher item level requirement to carry people in some parts.
Edited by Pandalism on 03/02/2013 18:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
People keeps complaining about LFR, one suggestion make the gear just something to transmog into just like challenge modes! this way, raiders wouldnt be "forced" to get improvements, casuals would still be happy to see the content, everyone would be happy :) i think at least :p
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 18:41Posted by Pandalism
Blizzard putting an item level requirement on the queue is not relevant to how much gear that is actually needed to down the bosses assuming proper play, i.e not having 3 healers and the other 3 being dps that signed for a shorter queue or doing 35k dps in 470 ilvl, where they should be at 50-60k. Only reason that the item level needed is that high is because blizzard knows that a lot of people in LFR can't play decently, hence why they put a higher item level requirement to carry people in some parts.

Stereotypes are no real arguments.

casuals would still be happy to see the content, everyone would be happy :)

No, they wouldnt be happy, as they would get locked out of char progression.
Edited by Nessaya on 03/02/2013 21:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR is here to let casuals see the content. Average pug can't kill a single boss on normal, so most of casuals would never see it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I can't see why to take it away, if you don't want it, don't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
And we're not all Paragons that can clear normal modes in almost entirely 463 level gear.

To my understanding that's the gear level you're supposed to go into them with in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
So basically, because I'm 30 years old and married with a child, i work 9-11 hours per day and can not commit to my guild raiding time, I'm not entitled to the option of seeing raids or getting some gear, I do not pvp, I never had, used to be able to raid in vanilla and BC, but now I can't and lfr is perfect for me

So really I do not understand this complaint about lfr
You don't like ? You are a hardcore raider ? Good for you

Leave us casuals alone
Edited by Bubblelric on 04/02/2013 08:05 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am sure that there alot of us, who like character progression, but dont have time to do normal / heroic raids. Looking for raid is a perfect solution to us (together with dailys, heroics and scenarios).
To take content away from us, would be sooo stupid and probably lead to less subscribers.

As other folks told, if you dont like LFR - then stay away. No one needs to gear up in LFR, even though it can be a help (which is good).

Yep perfect solution to you but it ruins a lot of fun for others but that is easily ignored when everything is 'perfect' for you right? Just call it the minority then you can justify screwing long term players and raiders over with this !@#$ty content where I constantly see people slacking. If LFR is as much fun as some people say then why are there so many people underperforming on purpose, dieing on purpose or locking themselves outside the bossroom on purpose?

How many players do you need to bore with LFR to make others happy by keeping queue times low?

p.s. I am not saying what the OP says is a good idea.
Edited by Forlin on 04/02/2013 09:16 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Having LFR as a tool for those who cannot commit to organized is fine (all thought I dont agree to it), but why do they have to get gear from it? It's not like they're gonna need it if they're not gonna start in normal/HC modes. They get to see the content anyway.

And exactly where do you need normal mode gear for if you only do normal mode or hey wth is there hc raid gear what they gonna kill with that? for the last time lfr is not to see the content.
You dont see top hc raiding guild ask for normal mode gear to get removed do you, it the same as what you asking for.

For LFR you only need the ilvl requirement to join the queue and NOT to progress.
Normal and heroic raids are on the same lockout, LFR is not.

Do I need to explain into detail what the difference is?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
LFR is probably the worst thing they implemented in the game trying to recruit these "new players" that only done LFR you might as well play with one less in the raid becuse 99/100 are damn useless becuse of the easymode mechanics in LFR and abilitys that doesn't do any damage whatsoever.
Reply Quote
Looking at people with epic gear should be a motivator to get yourself into raiding, and if you don't have the time for it, then to bad for you. Get over it.

You can't control people's motivations. For many players out there, gear is not the objective, just the mean to an end (defeating more difficult foes).

We all log in to progress our characters, so removing gear from the Raid Finder because "they're not gonna start in normal/HC modes" is not really fair. Also, there are players that do take the gear they get from Raid Finder to normal/Heroic modes, as they use this venue as just another way to gear up and get something better in those slots than the blues/greens from the leveling experience and 5-mans.

02/02/2013 09:07Posted by Elderlyone
I wish there was an LFR for every raid mode i.e normal etc...

It wouldn't really work though. 25 strangers that have never played together would not be able to defeat Garalon (just look at the changes his Raid Finder version went through shortly after being released on the live realms).

02/02/2013 19:55Posted by Nyran
I've been an active raider from Molten Core to Dragon Soul, but nowadays I've grown a bit tired of adhering to the schedules of organised raiding guilds. Now I prefer raiding on my own terms, whenever I feel like it, and LFR grants me that. It's what keeps me subscribed to this game. I wouldn't mind a bit more ilvl disparity between LFR and normal/heroic (I think 5.2 is doing that already?) but I'd like to keep the ability to see the raids and improve my character please.

This is something I've seen around myself (and I guess I'm not the only one that can relate to this experience?) as we get older, and schedules, real life, work and other things get in the way, some friends had to become more casual in order to keep playing.

Just as a reminder, next Monday, WoW will turn 8 in Europe, just think about how much your life has changed in 8 years, even if you weren't playing back in Vanilla :-)

03/02/2013 00:43Posted by Tomoshibi

The opposite would be having raid content be seen by a minimal amount of players, which is not good, particularly when it comes to how the developers can better spend their time designing content.

04/02/2013 08:04Posted by Bubblelric
So basically, because I'm 30 years old and married with a child, i work 9-11 hours per day and can not commit to my guild raiding time, I'm not entitled to the option of seeing raids or getting some gear, I do not pvp, I never had, used to be able to raid in vanilla and BC, but now I can't and lfr is perfect for me

Not so long ago (12 years ago?) it was believed that the average gamer stopped playing videogames at some point on his mid 20s due to real life constraints and would stop playing altogether.

If you think about it, and the games we had back then, it kinda makes sense. Most of them were still rather hardcore and not accessible to what we consider today a casual gamer, so it's not entirely surprising to see people out there that think that because you're 30 years old you shout put gaming down and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I do not raid my self, so this comes solely from my wish to while PvPing, doing quests, leveling alts etc, have the feeling of living in a marvelous but dangerous world full of heroes that journeys into the deep caves to slay great monsters.

A big part of this is the epic items, the rewards and proofs of great accomplishments. An easy way to preserve this epic feelings of epics items, without it being at cost of casual players, would be to make the LFR gear of superior quality. I'm not talking about nerfing the ilvl, just plainly changing the color of the name is written in. This would simply make epics a proof of defeating epic monsters in epic battles.

An great addition to this would be to make the LFR gear uglier or more "non-epic" in it's appearance.

A similar change for PvP gear would also be great.

What do you think about that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]