Best pets for sell

90 Pandaren Warrior
Want to try to make a profit on selling battle pets on AH. What can you advise, guys? Is it worth the effort or more a waste of time? Which pets sell best on AH?
I hope you won't stay silent as they grave only for the fear of another rival. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Ive had no luck so far with selling battle pets at any lvl so if there are certain pets / lvls t ogo for would love to hear of people success (although I come from a dead realm so doubt it would work anyway)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You know you cannot sell the battle pets you catch right?

Only things that drop. So you'd have to farm a lot for the valuable ones which are the same as they've always been.

Darkmoon Rabbit,
Crawling Claw,
Hyacinth Macaw,
Sprite Darter Hatchling,
All of the drakes etc
Holiday pets 6 months later

If your thinking of just buying tiny sporebats from vendors and putting them on AH, forget about it. To be honest, FAR better use of your time to sell something else, herbs, cloth or whatever.

If they made it so you could sell the pets you catch in battle, it would be a different story.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
01/02/2013 00:43Posted by Vickii
If your thinking of just buying tiny sporebats from vendors and putting them on AH, forget about it. To be honest, FAR better use of your time to sell something else, herbs, cloth or whatever.

But what about lvl 25 pets? How much time does it take to level a pet up to 25? Is it worth then, do these pets sell better?

01/02/2013 00:43Posted by Vickii
If they made it so you could sell the pets you catch in battle, it would be a different story.

Btw, why exactly haven't they implemented it?
I understand that they don't want the pets from the digital store to be obtained like that.
But there are quite a few other pets that can be obtained in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The only people who can use bought 25 pets, are people who have 25 pets of their own. If you have a pet at level 25, you can bring other pets to 25 within a few hours maximum.

So, really they don't have much value. A level 25 anusibath idol or something may be worth slightly more than a level one, but most people wanting to buy the pet wouldn't care. I'd rather buy the cheaper level one personally.

That is one set of pets you could make some gold on, raiding with leashes. But only really the idol and the stitched pup goes for more than 1k on my realm. Also the 2 rares from Dread waste rare elites, but all of this involves a time investment bigger than what it would to just pick herbs and sell them.

Not sure why they don't let you sell captured pets. Assume it's a market they don't want happening.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The Pandaren spirits sell well, they are pretty and many people is struggling on them.
In particular Air, Fire and Water. Earth is a fairly difficult sell as most ends choosing it as the quest reward to avoid having to fight it again.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
you could get the pets from vendors that are white/ green and upograde them using stones, that might increase their value a lot but then you have to weigh in the time spent getting the stones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The Pandaren spirits sell well, they are pretty and many people is struggling on them.
In particular Air, Fire and Water. Earth is a fairly difficult sell as most ends choosing it as the quest reward to avoid having to fight it again.

Really depends on server. On mine they've dropped to under 2k and take a few days to sell. It's a nice bonus if you are killing them daily anyway, but given the droprate on them, it's the same as farming any world drop pet for a payday.

Basically you can get a good payday from pets. You can't really get a standard income for them without more time and effort than it would take to do something else (professions, grinding cloth, daily quests).
Edited by Vickii on 03/02/2013 18:43 GMT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
eney 1 selling pets im in ENOR[/code] as long as there not lev 1 as i can cap lev 16 so im looking for 18+ Deathpompey PM me on WOW
Edited by Deathpompey on 20/03/2013 15:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pet selling will not be very lucurative, ever, because the market for expensive/rare pet gets bloated very easily.

a) the serious pet farmers will have any pet before most pet sellers anyway
b) the serious pet farmer with lots of money will buy the first few that show up on the auction house - they'll have theirs within a week of them being released
c) the slightly less serious pet farmer will want to have the pet but "lol no wai I'm paying that, it'll take more time but I'll get them eventually"

I remember a friend of mine selling a Pandaren Earth Spirit for 25k, and within two weeks it was down to 5k. Now you'll be hard pressed to get 500g for them, if you manage to sell them at all.

The panda market is already gone, too. Get in the week they are released and you can get some nice profit. Anything after that is just lucky leftovers.
Edited by Lessiel on 21/03/2013 09:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It depends on your server, and on the pet your selling.

Rare world drops always do fairly well, but the market needs to be right.

The harder to get Raiding with Leashes pets (Viscidius, Idol, Stitched Pup, and perhaps DWL pets) can go for a few K on my server, but I never managed to get more than 4K. And they're not exactly flying off the shelf either.

On busier realms it will be a lot less.

I used to be able to make a tidy profit selling Argent Tournament pets, but now that they're not rares, they may not do as well. Might still be worth the effort if you sell the opposite faction ones, though. The journal makes transferring them to your seller toon a lot easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]