Elemental Shaman in 5.2

90 Draenei Shaman
How do you think that will be the Elemental Shaman PVE in patch 5.2? Do you think that finally we will increase our dps to be on a par with other DPS as Moonkin? Or just ... Will they enhance our DPS DPS to be a cost-effective compared to other classes?

Greetings from Spain, excuse my English
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If i got to say so do i no belive that it will be any huge change for dps shaman in this coming patch..

Must say i have allmost lost every fait in that blizz would balence this game and allso make shaman abile to othere thing then just run as some healer. I rember that blizz or many skilled shaman how try mop beta did say that shaman dps was final balence so well in pvp and pve. but when the 5.0 come out so was i not suprize anymore..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/297792276996956160

No significant changes. Apparently elemental is fine in PvE.
Reply Quote
06/02/2013 08:42Posted by Senkah
Apparently elemental is fine in PvE.

derp
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
ele shamans are no where near fine in PVE, out dps is horrible compared to other classes. heck its horrible compared to any classes dps.
on the smicrafts we're ranking almost at the very bottom of the dmg meters (also in actual fights)

also you buffing frost mages and monks? really blizz? monks and mages are at the very top of both simcraft and real dps if anything they need nerfs. but as usual mages are stuck on that buff button i guess
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
06/02/2013 08:42Posted by Senkah

Crap !

My shaman is sitting with 480IL , no enchants but fully gemmed with BL and Ascendance manage only 75k .... No way enchants will give me the extra 20k id like...

Been playing my lock again , got him to 88 this morning and i LOVE Demo spec tons of fun... but its not my shaman :[
Edited by Chuckler on 03/03/2013 15:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Too scared to buff us incase we become to bursty in PVP. Sadly this has become the norm for me now...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
well in pve the latest buffs were appreciated, I still don't enjoy certain mechanics but numbers haven't been bad.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/03/2013 16:57Posted by Lee
Too scared to buff us incase we become to bursty in PVP. Sadly this has become the norm for me now...

Yeah those 30k lava burst crits are so insane atm, if they buff us any more, we'd be living gods of pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
03/03/2013 15:35Posted by Chuckler

Crap !

My shaman is sitting with 480IL , no enchants but fully gemmed with BL and Ascendance manage only 75k .... No way enchants will give me the extra 20k id like...

Been playing my lock again , got him to 88 this morning and i LOVE Demo spec tons of fun... but its not my shaman :[

That post was a month ago, there have been a few buffs since then on the PTR including chain lightning no longer losing damage with each jump. Ascendance lava beam now gains damage per jump. Lightning bolt damage for elemental has been upped from 50% to 70& increased damage on the shamanism passive. And the elemental focus procs now increase damage by 15% instead of the current 10%. It might not be enough but its still a good start. Maybe we'll see more before 5.2 goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Dont Worry elemental shammy will good in 5,2. Thrust me
Edited by Hexualabuse on 03/03/2013 22:52 GMT
Reply Quote
well, they did buff LB dmg for ele by 20%.

not enough tho!
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Warrior
Guys, they can do what they want but we are still shamans / awesome. :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
the biggest buff still is the buff to cl, yeah it's not for every fight but fights where it's usable, we are sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I tried ele a fair bit on the ptr they are looking strong certainly a long way ahead of the likes of shadow which badly need help.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
shadows ain't looking 2 bad either.
actually dps balance looks much better in 5.2 than it does currently, of course there's always room for improvement. But we'll know better when it hits the live.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
No big game changers in 5.2 for us except shamanistic rage, and tbh that is a really nice move. Shame they did not reverse the totem change they applied in 5.1. Other then that, i am looking forward to some nice cleave fights :)

@Chuckler, you are probably doing it wrong
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Chain Lightning will now deal the same damage to subsequent targets as it does to the first.
Lava Beam's damage now increases with jumps. Each jump increases the damage by 10%.
Elemental Mastery now has a 90-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
Shamanistic Rage is now available to Elemental Shaman as well as Enhancement Shaman.
Conductivity no longer requires that the target be within the area of effect of Healing Rain.
Ancestral Swiftness now increases spell haste by 5% and melee haste by 10%, instead of 5% each.
Glyph of Purge now adds a 6-second cooldown to Purge.
Stone Bulwark Totem now absorbs 25% more damage.
Primal Earth Elemental and Primal Fire Elemental now deal 20% more damage.
Elemental Blast now has a chance to increase the caster's Agility for Enhancement Shaman.
Glyph of Flame has been redesigned. This glyph now causes the Shaman to heal for 30% of the damage dealt by Flame Shock.
Unleashed Fury Flametongue now increases Lightning Bolt damage by 20% (was 30%), and Lava Burst damage by 10%.
Flame Shock duration has been increased by 25%.
Lava Burst base damage has been reduced by 33% but now always deals a critical strike. When cast on targets affected by Flame Shock, it now deals 50% more damage.
The talent Totemic Restoration now has an additional effect. Any totems that have been destroyed or replaced behave as if the totem had been active for at least 1 second.
When summoned, the Stone Bulwark Totem has health equal to 10% of the casting Shaman's health.
The talent Nature's Guardian now preserves the player's health percentage when its maximum health boosting effect expires.
Ancestral Guidance now copies 60% (was 40%) of the amount healed.
Conductivity now shares 30% (was 20%) of the healing received from Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, or Healing Surge.
Elemental
Elemental Focus now increases the Shaman's spell damage by 15% (was 10%).
Shamanism now increases the damage of Lightning Bolt by 70% (was 50%).
Enhancement
Mental Quickness now lowers the cost of shocks by 90% (still lowers the cost of other "beneficial, instant, damaging and totem spells” by 75%).
Spirit Walk now has a 1-minute cooldown (was 2 minutes).

You know for a class that needed changes the most aside maybe from rogue (but they've always got what they wanted because they all whine how they're not FOTM anymore) we sure got !@#$ all of anything intresting. Aside from a very bland defensive that now comes with yet another mandatory glyph for ele...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There's lots of good changes to Shaman right there. We should be alright until higher gear levels if we still scale as badly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]