LFR loot system, seriously

90 Gnome Warrior
I've been doing al the LFR's now for +-10 weeks, and as of the last 5 weeks I've always been using Elder charm of good fortune on Sha of Fear for Kilrak. Nothing again this week, but I did get Helm of the Shadowy Protector for the third time, seriously? Why on earth would we warriors need T14 set items more then 2 times? For our healing spec maybe?

LFR loot system is a joke, really. I've looted a couple of items 2 times already, and T14 head and shoulders 3 times. Instead of giving us duplicates the whole time, fix your lootsystem so we actually receive items that we still need and benefit us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Welcome to raiding, where loot is not always necessarily useful. Always been like that, always will be.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I know what you feel. I have 17 Gara'jal the Spiritbinder and 13 Grand Empress Shek'zeer kills. I'm yet to see main-hand for my combat rogue to drop. 17 kill equals 17 weeks equals basically 4 months, 13 isn't far behind for empress. I have always used elder charm too. 17+13=30x2=60 rolls. That's insane.

Now the 5.2 comes, with nerfed drop rate or sth for those bosses. Rly. Thanks blizzard for having me go through 5.0.5-5.2 with blue main-hand. It won't probably drop in 5.2 either, just for sake.

And during those months i've seen every other item, got even off-hand. Today when i killed empress i got chest token, pressed bonus roll, got same thing. Hahhahahahahahaah. Are you joking me.

PS. I'm pretty patient ppl and don't post rage or cry posts in forums. But 4 months is enough to my patience really wear out.
Edited by Daigea on 06/02/2013 13:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Just ten weeks? Congratulations, you now qualify as having put in a small semblance of effort.

It's also worth noting that loot has a 1/6 chance of dropping and there are 2 potential drops.

Overall, it's a 1/12 chance of seeing your precious sword. You're barely in the region of unlucky.

Your mistake was playing content designed for any group of 25 players to complete and expecting the exact loot you need.

This didn't happen with VoA. This didn't happen with Baradin Hold. This didn't happen with DS LFR and it won't happen with new LFR.

Make your own luck. If you can go out there and do normals it's much easier to guarantee yourself some loot sooner or later. But if you're playing content where you're not in control, you cannot reasonably expect loot.
Edited by Isseit on 06/02/2013 13:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
One time I hugged Isseit IRL
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I get that, but they can at least improve the lfr loot mechanism so that u don't loot the same item more than once (or twice, in the case of MS/OS tier items).

Looting an item that u have already is just frustrating, especially when that boss can drop another item that u actually do need.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/02/2013 14:44Posted by Stierekloet
I get that, but they can at least improve the lfr loot mechanism so that u don't loot the same item more than once (or twice, in the case of MS/OS tier items).
And while you're at it, could you please tell Feng to stop dropping Arrow Breaking Windcloak for my guild? Everyone one who can use it already have one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Looting an item that u have already is just frustrating, especially when that boss can drop another item that u actually do need.

Again, why would that be needed? Stuff gets disenchanted in all raids. Why would lfr be special?
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
06/02/2013 13:40Posted by Spamfu
Welcome to raiding, where loot is not always necessarily useful. Always been like that, always will be.

Incorrect as always.

The RF system attempts to simulate the gearing-up rate of Normal/HC mode.

The win chance in organised raiding is made up of two components. The first component is pure RNG - whether the item drops. The second component is player controlled - who a dropped item is given to.

In the RF loot system both of those are bundled up into one random roll.

This fails to replicate the gearing rate from organised raids and is actually far more prone to large discrepancies in gearing rates.

If I joined my old raid guild now I'd be practically guaranteed a 100% chance of being awarded an item WHEN it drops (especially from the earlier bosses) due to no one else needing it. I.e. my odds of winning that item would be considerably higher than they would have been had I been raiding with that guild on week one of this tier.

In RF that chance is static. It does not improve. Having spent time as an organised raider I know for a fact that I received far more loot, far more consistently in those days than I ever have in RF.

Oh and before you come out with the usual text book, brainless moronic reply of "well you should do normal if you want more consistent loot", remember that the ilevel in RF is already lower. Players are already being punished for doing the casual mode. They should not be punished twice by suffering a lower win chance as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seriously domne with it, my hunter only need shoudlers (never has been there epic drops never only blue piece left for 1 month+ by now.....) well in terrace today coin on lei shi and tsulong, well gz 4 times the same waist only 16g to vendor which you were already wearing! Make this system either;

1) recognize if you Have the uniqeu equip already!
2) if the item you win is less worth then the gold bag offer me the gold bag.
3) allow evyrone to disenchant their loot in lfr if there is an enchnater
4) up the sell price of every lfr gear to above that of a "goodie bag".

Now i amde 64g while i coudl have arnead 4 x 28.5 = 104g.....

If non of the above plz send my token for shoudler sby mail, gettign sitations like this very week gets annoying. Because even gold bags would have been more usefull!
Edited by Lightgoddes on 06/02/2013 18:25 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm not sure how your wall of text is relevant to my post you quoted since my post still stands and is 100% correct.

Oh, and gearing from lfr is a joke. Run it for 2 months or so, get some valor items to fill in for spots you got unlucky in and near end you're down to needing stuff from 1 or 2 bosses, for which you can easily use 3 coins on the same boss (if you're smart you can even save coins first weeks till it's clear what you're struggling with to get). I'd love to be able to roll 3+ times on 1 boss in normal/heroic as well to have a massively higher chance of winning an important item.
Oh and if it's just lfr you do and are interested in, it's even more trivial since everything is available first week you ding 90 immediatly since you won't have new bosses to down and replace old gear with.

You make it sound like gearing through lfr is a ton harder than normal, while it's a complete and utter joke in general.
Reply Quote
06/02/2013 13:37Posted by Stierekloet
LFR loot system is a joke, really. I've looted a couple of items 2 times already, and T14 head and shoulders 3 times. Instead of giving us duplicates the whole time, fix your lootsystem so we actually receive items that we still need and benefit us.

That's not the point of the LFR loot system. It's not meant to conveniently help you fill your gear slots with what you're missing. Is a different loot system from what we're used to see, but, as in any other loot system, it might take a while before you see the item you want finally drop.
Edited by Draztal on 04/03/2013 16:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love when in threads people talking about LFR luck complain they *only* have 2-set bonus or *only* have their Sha weapon.

There are people worse off than you. A guildy of mine has done Terrace 3 times a week pretty much every week to spend his maximum number of gold coins to get the Sha-touched X-bow or w/e the ranged weapon is (a gun?) with no luck...

Relax :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
06/02/2013 16:47Posted by Draztal
That's not the point of the LFR loot system. It's not mean to conveniently help you fill your gear slots with what you're missing. Is a different loot system from what we're used to see, but, as in any other loot system, it might take a while before you see the item you want finally drop.

For this reason I've stopped using LFR to gear my feral set, even though I still have three 463 pieces.

Under the current system I know I'm much more likely to get duplicates I don't need, than the pieces I do. So I'm saving myself that frustration.

ETA: Want a better solution? Implement one of the popular loot-systems in-game. EPGP with weekly decay and a full reset each content patch would work much better. There would still be RNG from drops, but not from distribution.
Edited by Taiphon on 06/02/2013 17:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Seriously, remember Dragon Soul LFR? If you were lucky to see the desired item drop, you would see guildies needing on that item for their guildmate, or just people needing on it because they can (feral druids needing on spell-dps trinket), or simply needing to vendor it.
I don't love the new system, but I sure do like it alot better than the old one. It's like playing the lottery, only here my chances of winning are higher:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
not this again...

people need to cool down a bit.. cause every reset it's the same ranting again and again..

1. if you are counting on 1 item to drop from a boss, the chances to get that item are small

2. people who whine about same item being dropped 3 - 4 or even 5 times: go run e.g. MsV, ICC or even MC about 10 weeks in a row and than try to convince me that you never ever saw 1 item drop more than once! it's always been like that, and it will always be like that..

people really should stop crying because they didn't get loot or that 1 elusive piece of loot ina week.. and than they come on the forums whining, ranting and swearing at blizzard cause they didn't get their free epics this week..

@ Taiphon: you say you stopped doing LFR cause you didn't get your shoulders.. while:
1. you only tried 6 times
2. in that 6 weeks, you could have been doing dailies and gotten 489 ilvl shoulders from Golden Lotus, which are in many aspects better than the LFR shoulders.. especially since you must have gained sufficiant VP by now to buy them..

I tried 15 weeks (!!!) to get my sha touched weapon.. and you guys dare cry when you're at 6 weeks?
efford = reward
if you quit after 6 weeks that means you just don't want it badly enough...

so all quit being lazy and spoiled and put some effort in your progression..
if you're too lazy to put effort into it, than don't come insulting blizzard or blaiming the system..

RNG = RNG.. so live with it.. you don't see me attacking the lottery cause after 1000 weeks i still haven't won anything! you just suck it up and try again next week or look at alternative ways to obtain your goal
Edited by Cleoo on 06/02/2013 17:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Seriously, remember Dragon Soul LFR? If you were lucky to see the desired item drop, you would see guildies needing on that item for their guildmate, or just people needing on it because they can (feral druids needing on spell-dps trinket), or simply needing to vendor it.
I don't love the new system, but I sure do like it alot better than the old one. It's like playing the lottery, only here my chances of winning are higher:)

well i dunno why but when they implemented this sytem at the end of cata's lfr's it worked really good, u got loot with u needed but never got spammed by loots, right now lfr is almost needed to get loot for raiding, and u still dont get loot
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

That's not the point of the LFR loot system. It's not mean to conveniently help you fill your gear slots with what you're missing. Is a different loot system from what we're used to see, but, as in any other loot system, it might take a while before you see the item you want finally drop.

Disregarding ppl not getting free epics everytime they run a lfr run, dont you ever agree to parts of peoples frustrations? I mean is there no feedback at all to pick from this, is the lfr loot system perfect already?

And too the people stomping anyone who complains about getting the same item for the third of fourth time, you might wanna look at lfr for what it is. The main attraction besides letting ppl see the face of raid bosses, is to let those that dont raid normal or heroic actually get some loot, even if u get full LFR like back in DS days, u will be nowhere near the normal raiding guys gear level, nor the heroic gear raiders gearlevel, nor loot from garalon/valor points. So im not sure where the harm is to let ppl get some free epics in LFR, when we all know the proper items are served in normal and heroic mode, especially now with thunderforged coming out.
Edited by Padanfain on 06/02/2013 17:54 GMT
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
I'm not sure how your wall of text is relevant to my post you quoted since my post still stands and is 100% correct.

Oh, and gearing from lfr is a joke. Run it for 2 months or so, get some valor items to fill in for spots you got unlucky in and near end you're down to needing stuff from 1 or 2 bosses, for which you can easily use 3 coins on the same boss (if you're smart you can even save coins first weeks till it's clear what you're struggling with to get). I'd love to be able to roll 3+ times on 1 boss in normal/heroic as well to have a massively higher chance of winning an important item.
Oh and if it's just lfr you do and are interested in, it's even more trivial since everything is available first week you ding 90 immediatly since you won't have new bosses to down and replace old gear with.

You make it sound like gearing through lfr is a ton harder than normal, while it's a complete and utter joke in general.

Any serious guild will clear Normal long before all sections of RF are released.

If you haven't cleared Normal in the time it takes for RF to fully unlock then frankly you are in no position to take any high ground as no doubt most of the guild members would be those I see putting in mediocre performances week in and week out in RF. The only difference between them and the rest of the bads is that their social life (or lack of) allows them to sign up on a calendar.

As I said in another thread, I would be equipped mostly in Blues if I hadn't gone out of my way to grind out all the reps, max out my VP each week and this is despite using my coins on key bosses exactly as you described.

I have been religiously clearing RF every week of the Tier and would be facing an outright ban from entering T15 had I not participated in those optional activities.

This is a mode designed for casual players yet if you somehow manage to find the time to clear it religiously every week for 20 mind numbing weeks you still get banned from entering the next tier some five month later unless you have done EVEN MORE activities.

That for me is a design fail, it doesn't work for the target audience. Indeed a time limited player would actually stand more chance of getting into the next tier if she didn't bother using RF at all and simply did 5 mans and dailies. That is wrong IMO.

If the mode is aimed at time limited casual players then running the damn thing every sodding week for five months should be enough to get you geared for the next tier!!!!

For christs sake for the same time commitment you could finish a large number of triple A single player games and that would be all original content - not clearing the same dungeons 20 times! I am lucky because I am "casual" more in terms of "scheduling" as opposed to the outright time commitment but for other players it is a major issue that actually makes RF a sub optimal activity if you want to gain access to the next tier. Perverse.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/02/2013 17:55Posted by Stinkyedita
If the mode is aimed at time limited casual players then running the damn thing every sodding week for five months should be enough to get you geared for the next tier!!!!

So you claim if you just do lfr every week (and spend 450 valors avg weekly to upgrade 483 to 491) for 5 months you won't reach 480 ilvl in most cases? I beg to differ. Even without coins or doing ANYTHING extra for more valors or doing dailies to unlock rep or buy gear off AH or... you'll still get there (in most cases, not the 1% or so exceptions).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]