A story about a girl and an epic quest.

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Gather around, and let me tell you a story about a Night Elf girl, setting out on the adventure of her life.

Krushin was only a young girl when she set the ultimate goal of her journy that is life. Starting at a very young age, she saved every penny she could spare from doing her daily choires for the townsfolk. She grew stronger and richer for each day passing, until one day she finally reached the ultimate level of skill. Even so, she kept saving up gold to finance her epic adventure to find the best looking blade available to any of the races on Azeroth.

One day, she decided that she had saved up plenty to set out, gathered her supplies and ventured into the misty mountains, slowly ascending the Veiled Stairs of Pandaria. Finally atop, she saw a small building occupied by a saleswoman who sold valuable artifacts only to those who could afford spending massive amounts of wealth. They had a little chat, and Krushin was able to purchase a mysterious remnant from back when Northrend was the ultimate place for adventure. It was a Battered Hilt, stained with the scars of battle.

Krushin thought this would be the adventure of a lifetime, and it felt like she was destined to pursue the missing blade to which the hilt belonged. Although, she was about to feel the bitterness of being tricked, lured and decieved. The Battered Hilt she had spent her life savings to obtain, turned out to be nothing but a piece of useless junk. The only ones who could possibly make something of this was the twisted, ferocious and evil Horde. The old auctioneer lady had without remorse or guilt sold her an item of which she had no possible use at all.

To this day, Krushin is still devastated will probably never be her adventure-lusting, happy and cheerful self again.

Why, oh why, she asks herself, did the developers enable Alliance bidding on Horde-only items. She will never know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
:-( oh wow...

Maybe if you wrote a ticket to a GM they'd help you with that, I mean...

Wow... that sucks
Reply Quote
I did write a ticket, they basically said "Too bad, but ultimately the players are responsible for these kind of things, and there is nothing we can do."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
That really does suck bad time. I can only suggest you vent your fury on the mobs in the ICC hc 5 mans.

...never know what might drop?

And when did the battered hilt become faction specific? I know that the resulting weapons would be but I can't remember the hilt itself being like that.

You could always faction change I guess :(.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
faction change and do the questline :)
but that cost real money.

but it is currently your only option to use the item.
or sell it on AH or something.
its not BoP i believe
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Indeed, make a Horde alt and advertise that you want to sell it to someone, then use the neutral AH.

Meanwhile, get into the Pit of Saron in Icecrown. The instance it huge, crawling with Undead and they all have a chance to drop the Battered Hilt. I got mine after four full clears (each of which takes about 20 minutes). The drop rate is low, but you'll carve the mobs up in no time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*hugs*

Probably one of the saddest stories I've heard :(

I hope it somehow gets sorted out soon so you can get your epic blade.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
I don't think "too bad" is a valid answer, especially if the item didn't state specifically if it's faction-specific. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a patch note or hotfix stating that it would become faction-only. Unless I read about it on WoWhead, but it's no good to you there.

If you ask me, it was probably up to the GM rather than his/her/it's own code of conduct stating the player should have it refunded/removed. I'd recommend you try getting a ticket for someone else, or give at least give the appropriate feedback on the survey, because that's not on. I can get players making stupid and easily avoided mistakes in /2 and buying gold only to lose their valuables, in which case they should've learnt, but this isn't on, particularly when something is as costly as a BMAH item. How much did it cost, if I'm alright to ask?

Also, you didn't mention the part about how you became Scourged in your story. But other than that, great read ^^
Reply Quote
58 Goblin Death Knight
31/01/2013 15:06Posted by Krushin
I did write a ticket, they basically said "Too bad, but ultimately the players are responsible for these kind of things, and there is nothing we can do."

I understand that, but still in this case I'd argue that anything they put on BMAH like that should either not appear to alliance or have a red "horde" label visible. If you buy it then, i can see it being your fault, but the items are exactly the same no?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That really does suck bad time. I can only suggest you vent your fury on the mobs in the ICC hc 5 mans.

...never know what might drop?

And when did the battered hilt become faction specific? I know that the resulting weapons would be but I can't remember the hilt itself being like that.

You could always faction change I guess :(.

Really bad news and it's been faction specific since the patch of release, I was probably the first on my server to get the hilt/Quel wep (first Pit of Saron when servers back up it drops before second boss and i won) so I remember it really well and researched it a lot. However, I can't remember if the item description states it's faction? I guess not, I would do what others have said, set up a deal with a hordie to sell it through Neutral AH.

Best of luck sorting your problem.
Edited by Símme on 31/01/2013 15:53 GMT
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Hunter
wow, that sucks. They should of made it, when sold, it automatically changes to whichever faction bought it.

still, good bit of story telling there.
Reply Quote
keep making tickets imo, also if that was me, Id email every adresse I could find on the blizz website saying what happened.
Reply Quote
Wow, thanks for the support guys :)
This is what the GM who answered my ticket told me, unfortunately I wasn't able to be online to chat with him/her directly, so I just got it in the mailbox:

"Good afternoon Krushin,

I hope this email finds you well! Firstly allow me to appologise for the delay in getting back to you, and now onto your issue.

Unfortunately this is not something which we can assist you with, as players are ultimately responsible for actions of this nature.

You may wish to review our current rules and polices, which can be found here: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/ingame-policies"

For now, I'll try and sell it using the Neutral AH, and will also start to do the ICC heroics on my own to see if I'm lucky enough. I guess I have myself to blame, but in my defense it's not easy to spot, and I couldn't even imagine the system being so stupid as to list stuff that is not useable for players.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
wow, that sucks. They should of made it, when sold, it automatically changes to whichever faction bought it.

still, good bit of story telling there.

Or made it neutral faction in the first place, but I understand why it wasn't as technically they are dfferent items as they are different quest chains. (One for sunreavers and one for -whatever the alliance equavilance is).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

For now, I'll try and sell it using the Neutral AH, and will also start to do the ICC heroics on my own to see if I'm lucky enough. I guess I have myself to blame, but in my defense it's not easy to spot, and I couldn't even imagine the system being so stupid as to list stuff that is not useable for players.

I think it's disgraceful to have faction specific items on the BMAH, until I read this thread I didn't even know they sold the Hilt on there. A lot of things on there I have never seen but check it a lot.
Reply Quote
58 Goblin Death Knight
Wow, thanks for the support guys :)
This is what the GM who answered my ticket told me, unfortunately I wasn't able to be online to chat with him/her directly, so I just got it in the mailbox:

"Good afternoon Krushin,

I hope this email finds you well! Firstly allow me to appologise for the delay in getting back to you, and now onto your issue.

Unfortunately this is not something which we can assist you with, as players are ultimately responsible for actions of this nature.

You may wish to review our current rules and polices, which can be found here: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/ingame-policies"

Not easy to spot? Does it have a definitive label? If not, I would make another ticket, actually talk to somebody and explain the situation with regards to the non-labelling. I mean, as far as I can tell you had no way to know you couldn't use the item, and if its just tooltip flavor text, that isn't good enough either. I would say this was a bug/mistake on their part rather than an error of yours and they should at the very least fix this in future.

Good luck in ICC though. Also remember when you go neutral AH that it takes a much higher % of the profit. Ask for more than you expect to get from it.
Edited by Deadgob on 31/01/2013 16:04 GMT
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
I would suggest you mail CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com which goes to senior GMs who can review the way your ticket was dealt with. You should also mention that there was no sign on the BMAH that it was horde only (if that's the case).
Awesome storytelling and I hope Krushin gets her epic adventure in the end.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the tip Ananda, I did that and will now patiently await a response :) Even if I can't get the item replaced or get my gold back, it would be a small success to get them to either stop putting these items on BMAH or make them invisible for the other faction at least.
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
It may take a little while to get an answer because they investigate every mail, but you will definitely receive a reply. Hope you told them the tale of the Night Elf girl ...

Good luck :)
Reply Quote
I got a response now, from Senior Game Master Haguryax. He said that he could understand it was a case of a simple misunderstanding from my side and when I do log on next time, he will have started the questline for me!! I am so happy :D

THANK YOU Blizzard, I still have my faith!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]