Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sad but true.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Haha, rets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I think its cute that its implied blizzard have a board meeting about pvp balance and get a bunch of feedback from all the devs.

Then in reality class balance is just a giant dartboard with all underpowered class colours and + on all the numbers, so ghostcrawler throws hits a triple 20 and monks get a 20% dps increase
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
06/02/2013 00:35Posted by Pudger
I think its cute that its implied blizzard have a board meeting about pvp balance and get a bunch of feedback from all the devs.

What else is there? Surely its not discussed over a game of Countryside Golf, now is it? xD
Edited by Xavieric on 06/02/2013 00:41 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
06/02/2013 00:40Posted by Xavieric
What else is there? Surely its not discussed over a game of Countryside Golf, now is it? xD

Reminds me of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_h6AEAlFIY

:P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
meeeeh trying to find the part where gc really makes some funny jokes about paladins at blizzcon but i cant find it :/
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
whiners gon' whine
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
06/02/2013 02:12Posted by Soku
meeeeh trying to find the part where gc really makes some funny jokes about paladins at blizzcon but i cant find it :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JsMKMkPlJpY#t=51s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9SimIF5oQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=209s

What I remember...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That trolling...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
AAAhhaha blizzard logic :D

"How many more beers do we need, to get this to work."
:D
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Meh, making memes when you can't even understand the spell >.<
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
06/02/2013 04:08Posted by Jito

What I remember...

He have done more jokes than just that :)
Reply Quote
Community
Hehe, I will say that I got a bit of a chuckle from that comic. :p

06/02/2013 00:35Posted by Pudger
Of course they do, they have regular meetings to discuss both game balance and the feedback they receive from the community. Just because you do not agree with some changes does not mean that they ignore your feedback or don't care, they simply cannot implement every change that the community mentions, especially if they feel it's not entirely beneficial to the health of the game.

06/02/2013 00:40Posted by Xavieric
I love golf, I wish I had someone to discuss World of Warcraft with over golf! :O

05/02/2013 22:53Posted by Xavieric
http://imageshack.us/f/580/officememeblizz.png/
On the topic of the Flameglow talent that is mentioned in this comic, I think there are some misunderstandings on how this new talent functions which I would like to address. First of all, this new talent for mages functions as follows:
Protects you with fiery energy, absorbing [ 20% of Fire Spell Power ] damage from each attack against you (up to a maximum of 30% of the attack).

Too many people are focusing on this talents potential to protect the mage from a maximum of 30% of an attack, where you must realise that under the more dire of circumstances where damage is high, it's protection is quite minimal. With most mages only just breaking 20,500 spell power unbuffed they will only protect themselves for a maximum of 7,000 damage with full procs and buffs, and 5,000 under normal buffed circumstances.

Let's take Ice Barrier which is also in the same tier as Flameglow, for a mage who has 20,000 spell power it will absorb approximately 70,000 damage. For Flameglow to absorb this damage at the same amount of spell power, you would need to take more than 17 hits where each hit does a minimum of 14,000 damage. Another situation you need to consider is that when big burst damage comes in to play.

If you are about to be hit hard, let's say you get hit by a big skill for 70,000 damage. At 20,000 spell power again, your Ice Barrier will absorb all of this, your Flameglow however will only absorb a measly 4000 damage and you will get hit for 66,000.

As you can see, Flameglow is certainly a good talent but it is not an outright winner against either Ice Barrier or even Temporal Shield. They all simply offer different situational uses and styles of gameplay. I would think that Flameglow works best against DoT's or lots of low damage, whereas Ice Barrier would be better against holding up against larger, more bursty damage.

Edit - whoops, paragraphing! :O
Edited by Nakatoir on 06/02/2013 15:36 GMT
Reply Quote
Hehe, I will say that I got a bit of a chuckle from that comic. :p

Of course they do, they have regular meetings to discuss both game balance and the feedback they receive from the community. Just because you do not agree with some changes does not mean that they ignore your feedback or don't care, they simply cannot implement every change that the community mentions, especially if they feel it's not entirely beneficial to the health of the game.

I love golf, I wish I had someone to discuss World of Warcraft with over golf! :O

http://imageshack.us/f/580/officememeblizz.png/
On the topic of the Flameglow talent that is mentioned in this comic, I think there are some misunderstandings on how this new talent functions which I would like to address. First of all, this new talent for mages functions as follows:
Protects you with fiery energy, absorbing [ 20% of Fire Spell Power ] damage from each attack against you (up to a maximum of 30% of the attack).

Too many people are focusing on this talents potential to protect the mage from a maximum of 30% of an attack, where you must realise that under the more dire of circumstances where damage is high, it's protection is quite minimal. With most mages only just breaking 20,500 spell power unbuffed they will only protect themselves for a maximum of 7,000 damage with full procs and buffs, and 5,000 under normal buffed circumstances.

Let's take Ice Barrier which is also in the same tier as Flameglow, for a mage who has 20,000 spell power it will absorb approximately 70,000 damage. For Flameglow to absorb this damage at the same amount of spell power, you would need to take more than 17 hits where each hit does a minimum of 14,000 damage. Another situation you need to consider is that when big burst damage comes in to play.

If you are about to be hit hard, let's say you get hit by a big skill for 70,000 damage. At 20,000 spell power again, your Ice Barrier will absorb all of this, your Flameglow however will only absorb a measly 4000 damage and you will get hit for 66,000.

As you can see, Flameglow is certainly a good talent but it is not an outright winner against either Ice Barrier or even Temporal Shield. They all simply offer different situational uses and styles of gameplay. I would think that Flameglow works best against DoT's or lots of low damage, whereas Ice Barrier would be better against holding up against larger, more bursty damage.

Edit - whoops, paragraphing! :O

So the mage has already strong Burst/defensive capabilities and now he needs more defensive capabilites especially against Rogues/Demo..
This is really hatred, is Blizzard forcing us to go all Mage ?

They needed a nerf and overall they get a buff, seriously ....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So the mage has already strong Burst/defensive capabilities and now he needs more defensive capabilites especially against Rogues/Demo..

They're not getting more defenses. Flameglow is a talent in the same tier as other defensive abilities. To get Flameglow, the mage would have to give up Ice Barrier or Temporal Shield. Did you even read the post you quoted?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

ugh...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Flameglow is only worth using against Affliction/Unholy/Feral(Not sure)/Rogues.

Any class with a specialization focused on fast, small numbers and/or DoTs will not like Flameglow especially with Mage Armor up too.

Then again we have no information of that, so I am just guessing at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
06/02/2013 02:35Posted by Mårlernx
whiners gon' whine

Meh, making memes when you can't even understand the spell >.<

Still doesent change the fact that they first announced Mages getting some well deserved nerfs but in the end they are getting buffed. While the retadins are providing endless feedback and sugestions just to get slaped in the face and only recive 3 glyph changes and a dispell on 2 min cd.
Counterspell nerf reverted because the poor mage mage players cant adapt to a "major" class change.

Yet somehow they thought it was fine to remove seal of blood,stun remove from HoF and so on aswell as completly changing the paladin class via holy power at cata release.

Also at the blizzard poster. Funny how you chose to reply to posts like this,yet the ones that actually try and provide some constructive feedback as you fellows like to call it,are completly ignored. Need i remind you of the long 2 part thread "TIME TO FIX RET PALADINS" http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6160898721
Edited by Frostlips on 06/02/2013 16:01 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
06/02/2013 15:31Posted by Nakatoir
I would think that Flameglow works best against DoT's or lots of low damage, whereas Ice Barrier would be better against holding up against larger, more bursty damage.

Flameglow with Mage Armor must be like the anti-DoT protection.
And Ice Barrier with Molten Armor for anti-burst protection.
And Temporal Shield with Frost Armor for hit-and-run scenarios.

....it feels a bit like Mega Man, doesn't it? :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]