IS this what this once great game has come to.

90 Blood Elf Monk
This is un update of the situation:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864486403?page=14#265

I'm glad things get better for this guy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It may sound strange, but if you read my former post, you would see I largely agree with you.

If you decide to join a raiding guild, you have to bear the consequences and it's up to you to meet the (high or low) standards of the guild.

My point is that new players (or new tanks or healers) who want to learn how to play their class have no chance in the low level dungeons that are full with undergeared mobs and overgeared lvl90 alts.

Yeah, if you join a raiding guild then obviously you have to adhere to their standards, but I'm mainly talking about pugs. You should not take on the responsibility of tanking (or healing, for that matter) a raid unless you're fairly certain you actually can. Because you are using other people's time, not just your own. I don't mind people not being the best geared or new, but at least ask about things or let people know it's your first time (good advice in many situations, really). I don't mind sticking it out with a new tank/healer, since I usually have time to waste if I'm in a dungeon, but not everyone does.
Just simple consideration, really.

But yeah, I completely agree with you about the heirlooms. Doesn't seem possible to learn anything in low lvl dungeons now. Except maybe zerging.. I met several max level players in Cata who didn't know about or use core skills (like steady shot) or taunts. Not a good development.

erm...no I do not. They showed their colors to the world especially during the jp/kr wm 2002 where they shoved middle fingers in the faces of the foreign players as they were getting out of the bus.
During WM 2006 in germany there were alot of cases of koreans rampaging hotel rooms, stealing equipment and fleeing without paying.
Koreans also like to pose as japanese in foreign countries when they know the difference can't be made out.

Which is different from European tourists acting like animals how..?
Go to any country or town and there'll be another country/race (or several) they "hate".

http://i.imgur.com/a2LGweY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sim7Mg4.jpg

yeah..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2431287811_a62aebc278.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rVqLX-D4BmM/Skb-9ep48mI/AAAAAAAAAWI/1yaMT5Ao4ZY/s400/JDM090623dogfarmer.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6g1NE30Xt5w/TeDlpFNB5_I/AAAAAAAACbA/Dml95i6sfDc/s1600/ste-agathe-as-sign1930s_184_G.jpg

Like I said..

Also, about the update on the original topic: Nice to see things are working out. :)
Reply Quote
31 Gnome Warlock
Really not getting this much...So some Warrior sucks at the game, can't follow simple dps priorities, and gems stamina as if he's a tank. The result? nobody wants to play with him? This is both new and refreshing >.>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I think it pulls on the heart strings because the guy feels he has to hide behind mountains and corners of cities due to the abuse & ridicule he gets for not being very good at a computer game....
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
10/02/2013 11:38Posted by Kergosh
You should not take on the responsibility of tanking (or healing, for that matter) a raid unless you're fairly certain you actually can

I can see the logic of that, but how are you to learn?
I've personally never done LFR or LFD because I've no idea if I'm good enough. I think my reactions are too slow but there's no way to try so I can learn without being yelled at and made to feel inferior.

10/02/2013 11:38Posted by Kergosh
but at least ask about things or let people know it's your first time

I can imagine how that would go ...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I feel so dumb, I genuinely almost cried! I feel so happy that he is being helped out by leading members of the Korean WoW community!
Reply Quote
I hate to sound mean, but why didn't he just look up a guide? We've all been there, you stay there until you research.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/02/2013 16:34Posted by Qtinha
I hate to sound mean, but why didn't he just look up a guide? We've all been there, you stay there until you research.

He did, but didn't quite understand.

Anyway, it is like a effin' fairy tale, really touching story.

Deffinately worth reading.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Jesus crist, that thread almost made me teary...
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warlock
08/02/2013 19:24Posted by Nyshae
From what I've read from a Spanish blogger/journalist that has been living in Japan for a few years it's pretty common in some parts of Asia to apologise profusely for errors. At least in work environments/older people.
I know that they do that, but he shouldn't do this in his free time, this game is fun.
But man, that story broke my heart.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I can see the logic of that, but how are you to learn?
I've personally never done LFR or LFD because I've no idea if I'm good enough. I think my reactions are too slow but there's no way to try so I can learn without being yelled at and made to feel inferior.

There are lots of different ways to learn.
-tanking for guildies/friends in normals/heroics (how I learned) or group quests.
-just doing random normals and letting people know you're practicing (granted, that was easier before WotLK when players were generally more patient and knew how to watch their damn aggro).
-reading up about it (beginner's guides) and installing the necessary addons (which most can understand without too much trouble. Like I said, the outcast warrior seems like a special case here).
-asking to be the second (or third) tank in 10mans, even old raids.

Generally, if you can tank a heroic easily, you can tank a 10man. But there's seems to be a step missing in the progression, imo. And as mentioned, there's a huge lack of learning stages during levelling.

10/02/2013 12:57Posted by Ananda
I can imagine how that would go ...

It really depends on who you group with. Some will say "Ok" and adjust accordingly (mostly older players, in my experience). Others will tell you to f... off and kick you from group.
If it's a matter of bad dps, as in this story, asking around on the forums or in-game can help a lot, if you find the right person (like the guy who made the original post).

But it was alot easier getting help from others before.

10/02/2013 12:35Posted by Neuxi
Really not getting this much...So some Warrior sucks at the game, can't follow simple dps priorities, and gems stamina as if he's a tank. The result? nobody wants to play with him? This is both new and refreshing >.>

And ofc, you're immidiately able to do anything in practice, as long as you've read the theory? It was his first real gaming experience.
Reply Quote
2 Human Priest
08/02/2013 19:00Posted by Kaíth
This is the reason, I really wish Blizzard and any other company, who's running an online community would take an alot harsher stance for Cyber bullying. Even contact the local police at the bullies more often.

Except they weren't cyberbullying him. They just didn't play with him and you can't force people to play with other people because that's more a north korea kind of thing.

Not saying that it isn't cool what they did ofcourse.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warrior
10/02/2013 18:18Posted by Manaburnalot
Except they weren't cyberbullying him.

I wasn't exactly refering for this post, but more generally. If people can't even play an online game, without throwing insults against someone, they should simply be held accountable for it. I'm not specifically talking about games, but really any online community. It's plain wrong, making a mistake example in a game, and being called anything from R..... and even in some cases, being threatened.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Goddammit that's a touching story.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Priest
This brought a tear into my eye and made me think about how I have been playing the game recently. which turns out that when doing nothing I can be verry helpfull but when I was still raiding I could been verry hostile to people that didn't knew what they did and mock them with their mistakes. Now I took actually time to help some people in the guild out of free will rather than when they asked for help.
Reply Quote
Right in the feels :'(
Reply Quote
31 Gnome Warlock

And ofc, you're immidiately able to do anything in practice, as long as you've read the theory? It was his first real gaming experience.

Lol are you kidding me? Able to do anything in practice as long as you've read the theory? xD We're talking about pressing 5 - 6 buttons here in an order of priority, not fly an effing plane.
Edited by Neuxi on 10/02/2013 19:53 GMT
Reply Quote
31 Gnome Warlock
But yeah, Right in the feels :'(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Oof, good thing they starting up a community in Korean-WoW again.

And it's funny, Blizzard making the game so they will have more subs.

Think about this. When was the last time that you put a randomly found player on your friends list? I remember Wrath of the Lich King. Where I had friends on my friend list, which were not Real life friends. Nowadays I have only 1 guy on my friends list which I do not know in real life.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This was really a great read.

I am definitely not the nicest person when it comes to help out people who keep failing, it's easy to forget how bad I was myself all these years ago...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]