IS this what this once great game has come to.

08/02/2013 15:50Posted by MonnB5A04B
So any one of us could be the warrior chap

All and everyone of us was the warrior chap at the beginning. Perhaps not in this game if you were already familiar with the genre, perhaps in another game. But we've all been there.

For those of you that haven't read it yet, I'd strongly suggest you do, it's totally worth it :-)
Edited by Draztal on 12/02/2013 18:16 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The best thing in the world, is keeping a noob player close to you while he's learning.

I've mentored new players before, and it's one of the most rewarding things I have done. Cheering them on when they make noticable progress, and helping them understand their weaknesses and learning to counter them.

Even better is after you part way's, and you hear rumor on the server that one of the more hardcore guilds have a new star player in their guild, and when you look it up you see that it's your old apprentice.

I welcome the noobs of warcraft :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So any one of us could be the warrior chap

All and everyone of us was the warrior chap at the beginning. Perhaps not in this game if you were already familiar with the genre, perhaps in another game. But we've all been there.

For those of you that haven't read it yet, I'd strongly suggest you do, it's totally worth it :-)

I think blizzard needs to read this multiple times and see that by just giving new ppl`s LFR and LFG u can`t make anymore friends like u use to do and can`t anymore improve in a 5 man dungeon or doing a groupe quest like we used to and wipe 100 times before we got it. Ofc a lot of ppl`s don`t improve they que LFR , LFG , scenario whatever they just hit the keybord and BAMM epic`s tier what ever achivment so ofc his not even bothered to learn his class . Back in the day`s we use to know each other help each other the community was there , now sadly we log on for valor cap , some daily`s LFR ,r LFG if u are bored ( btw no one even say hello or hi , u enter u AOE everything ,u kill the boss and instant leave the groupe ) and the raid there again now whit so many 10 man guild`s u can jump from 1 to another np and no one care`s , most of the time there is 1 ppl online in the guild so nothing to do not even chat , back in the day`s u actualy had to behave in guild on trade or when talking whit some one since if u had a bad image on the server as a guild jumper or ninja looter or whatever u where done no one need`et guys like that .... So i say not the veteran`s are the problem is actualy the game it self we needet to wipe and communicate and put effort in LVL-ing doing dungeon`s doing quest or what ever raid , or just to show that we can be nice. Atm u can do what ever and still get achiv , gear , epic`s , tire but u don`t even deserve it whit no effort u so u don`t know it valor.

I do apologize for my bad spelling and english. But i think many old ppl`s or maybe even new that got to a decent lvl of playing this game agree whit me!
Edited by Gabii on 12/02/2013 19:59 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
found it verry touching...reading the thread link discussd about in the topic..

i know almost everything there is to know about wow played from the beginning been there done that and i remember how it was when i was noob..its not fun to be..so i learnd myself through google and friends
but if ya have no friends at all then you stand on your own against manny who are not friendly
playing more then 8years and i came across these situations more then once, diff story then topic but = drama
i admit i wasn't allways the most kind arround certainly when it was about raids when i had to lead but i had my reasons other then that i do help a lot of people certainly when they are new sometimez i wish i didn't teachd them the way's of fury dps ..since they got so much better that they didn't needed me annymore without saying ty..-,-

now recently i met some 2 15year olds this week, just started playing. now today they are lvling up from cata, been helping them reach lvl 80 whent solo icc10 man untill i couldn't do more bosses solo naxx10 solod hc dunges and normal dunges chitchat with em and found they are kind and gratefull...they where sad not having much gold yet and people !@#$%ing arround with em ..i gave each 2k gold to help em on ther way now today made with my lock some netherwave cloth bags 16slots ..so each has 7 bags and more inc when i get more mats, they where over the moon..it feels great to help players and teach em few things but depending on what they wanna do i will teach em for ther spec they wanna play i know the places where to go and addons they need.

now atm they are added to my real id friendslist and listening to music i play for them! ^^..besides them got more people like them on list, people i came across during my wow career..besides the fact that i can be much of a jerk to when its called upon; i tend to help wherever i can ..and make the exp in wow more loveable.
no matter if a rl or gl says to me to not socialize with people outside the raiding and hardcore raiding scene or guild. to socialize is 1 of my key reasons i play wow so screw them.
not beeing a hardcore player annymore gives me more options, i wish i was more raiding but i have a life to worry about aswell.

all i can say is from my exp, w/e people say or think about you ..find your own stre and belief and if ya don't have friends yet ..first rule make google your nr1 friend ya will find its your best friend arround when ya are clueless..go search for answers you seek and if ya happen to be on twisting nether eu horde. give me a whisp ;)

keep in mind : we wher all noob once, and we all suck balls at some point during the game.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The feelings that this brought up, man I wish I could chat with this guy and teach him how to play so that he aswell could be accepted into the gaming and his server community. Makes you think twice before answering those now "noobish" questions everyone seem to have. Afterall, the things I take for granted are propably very hard to understand from someone just starting or even someone who does not have anyone to discuss about the game. World of Warcraft is very complex game when you think about it in one great packet with it's small little details.

It's hard for very veteran players like me to think back 8 years of WoW and put myself into his shoes. Great read!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I think blizzard needs to read this multiple times and see that by just giving new ppl`s LFR and LFG u can`t make anymore friends like u use to do and can`t anymore improve in a 5 man dungeon or doing a groupe quest like we used to and wipe 100 times before we got it. Ofc a lot of ppl`s don`t improve they que LFR , LFG , scenario whatever they just hit the keybord and BAMM epic`s tier what ever achivment so ofc his not even bothered to learn his class . Back in the day`s we use to know each other help each other the community was there , now sadly we log on for valor cap , some daily`s LFR (snip)

You have rosetinted glasses, my friend. Back in the days there were still bad players. In fact, there were a LOT of them, no matter how hard the content was or was not. Players were equally unkind as they are today, I distinctively recall reporting someone who was actively bullying my friend's sister. I recall the flames and the hate in daily dungeons or just in groups or pugs, and sure, there would be kind people who wanted to help, but just like today, for every kind person there were 2 who either didn't care or would make fun/flame those they considered below their level. People still logged in for their marks(valors), and instead of queuing for half an hour they looked for a group for half an hour by spamming chat. I admit there was a community (in that I knew who was an as..hole and who was not, more than anything, TBH), more than there is today. But that was not always for the best, too, as this Korean 'outcast' more than proves. In the meanwhile, I have met tons of people xrealm, even in LFR, exchanging battletags and stuff. This would not have been possible being stuck in that same community that, though upsides, had enough downsides as well. :)

In today's society, where quick, fastpaced and changing contacts are part of everyone's life, having a stationary server where you're stuck no matter what is just no longer relevant. I for one applaud xrealm stuff. It took away the community, but it brought a lot of good things too.

Ontopic:

That post chilled me to the bone. I hope I'm not that bully. He's apologizing so much for nothing he's done wrong, except not understanding. Nobody has a right to make him feel hated so much, to the point where he's afraid of standing in the city.

I hope everyone takes a leaf out of the guy who decided to help this "outcast warrior". I do try to help "noobs", when I can, I do, I've had "apprentices" too - but I recognize there's also been times where I should have been more understanding, and kinder, too.

If everyone can recognize that, we can all work towards improving the community.

If anyone feels that bad on my server (auchindoun-eu), please contact me. :(
Edited by Séc on 12/02/2013 22:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This made me proud of all the times I've helped people while grinding my teeth wondering why on earth I had to open my big mouth and speak to the "dumb newbie".
Proud because I did speak and I did help, I never let them know what I was thinking about them.

I'm ashamed of myself too though, because I kept thinking of the person I was speaking to as a "dumb newbie" and I kept finding them daft.
Reading this though I realise that there's nothing wrong with being a bit "daft" ie slower at learning to play a game than I am.

Either way, tis a very touching story!

And I'll say what Séc above me said; If anyone feels this way on my server (Aggramar-eu), please contact me and I'll help you out in any way I can (even if it's just so that you can have a friendly face on your friends list <3).
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
On my roleplay realm I rolled on I picked up the game very fast, having already been a healer in ragnarok online for a year or two. I met a nice guy who played a mage. He was more there for roleplay and he wasn't all that good. I was nice to him and he came a bit attached to me as other than roleplay he didn't know people who did quests and dungeons, and he wanted to do that too. I encouraged him, and tbh sometimes it actually really got on my nerves and I just wanted to do my own thing, but I helped. Then he joined a big guild on the realm, and I gave him the odd tips as did some in that guild. Eventually we grew apart.

When I joined a pug with him in about six months later, he topped the dps charts by miles. Also was friendly without being as clingy as before he met his guild. Was so pleased. Still in touch now and again to this day.

I've also helped low levels who never went anywhere but felt good that I did. However, i have to admit, on a PVE realm, everyone is less friendly and I kinda get dragged into that way of thinking too. If you catch me in a good mood I'll still help, but otherwise I just try to go about my business.
Edited by Vickii on 12/02/2013 22:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Great read!

reminds me of dinging my first 60 char (troll rogue) 7 1/2 years ago and it took me about 2 months after dinging 60 to realize that you could drop out of combat in PvP (like use Blind on someone and restealth before Blind debuff ran out).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
How could that Korean guy play wow getting that much hate. If he is getting it in real life too and then logs on to wow to get more. It makes me sad and angry.

Its a computer game, no one should feel that sorry for being "bad" at a game.

Its easy to be nasty but hard to be nice?

Yes its easy to act all high and mighty so be kind and help people. Sometimes its hard to do that all the time and we lose sight that its a game, games are meant to be fun.

Sometimes I get ask a question about hunters, what is the best for pve and I say sv is good at the moment but mostly I would say play the spec you enjoy the most.

I am not the Gamemaster, may he RIP but if anyone needs some advice on wow, I will be on this toon mostly on Twisting Nether eu.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think what makes me angriest are those who reply "L2P Noob". Especially in these forums. Its bad enough that there are those out there in Azeroth who will call you a noob, only today I had two people tell me that I should leave the battleground because I'm a noob and I'm useless. I singled them out on the /i chat and they shut up, very quickly. I read these forums from time to time and I'm amazed at how many responses there are that are like that. People come here for information, to be better, to get more fun out of the game and people who act like they know turn around and say "this is a L2P issue?" Duh, that's why the person is asking you and everyone that question. When people can be cruel and get away with it, they will be. Its an unfortunate part of life it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

All and everyone of us was the warrior chap at the beginning.

Actually not really, but still the story hits the feels.
Edited by Torsdag on 13/02/2013 07:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Good story, I feel for that guy and it looks like the Koreans have a server community that works like an extreme version of the Vanilla system. However, I do feel that we are taking the other route too far over here. It stands to reason that bad players should learn from good players, like I did when I started. I was a sponge for information on how to play, and when someone gave me a tip I really took it to heart.

The problem now is that WoW has essentially become single player game, where everyone thinks they know their class perfectly just because they have reached max level through the newly built-in hand holding UI, and how easy the game is when leveling.
It's really obvious to me how the game has degenerated by just checking the responses on simple things, for instance when I on occasion give below-average people tips on how to use certain abilities, they get hostile and feel as if they are being insulted when that is far from the case.
It's really saddening to see exceptionally bad players believing that they are good, simply because the "new development route" has fooled them into thinking this.

This is the main reason why I'm always in threads like this, together with other familiar "original players" giving my opinion on where we feel the game has gone wrong. Ironically, alot of players that didn't start until after TBC/mid WotLK always go on the defensive and attack players like us for having "rose tinted glasses" or being "special snowflakes" when the simple point we are trying to make is that the game needs to get certain elements from vanilla/BC and even WotLK back in order to be as good as it can be, and has been at a point in time. The need for communication and common courtesy in order to succeed needs to come back, especially between players that don't know eachother beforehand.

The game has become alot more unpleasant, in Korea due to a seemingly too hardcore approach by Blizzard, and in US/EU because of the exact opposite approach. We need to find a middle-ground.

12/02/2013 19:55Posted by Gabii
I do apologize for my bad spelling and english. But i think many old ppl`s or maybe even new that got to a decent lvl of playing this game agree whit me!

The English was very sub-par but I agree with every single word of it :)
Edited by Masztaar on 13/02/2013 11:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's always great to help new people :)

We were all there.. I remember when I was level 28 and someone gave me 30g to buy a 60% speed mount at level 30(you learned them at 30 back in the days) to this day I will never forget that and I always tend to help people because I remember myself.. I was once like that and pretty much everyone was hehe, great read nevertheless.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thought it was 40.

The absolute pits of players are those who yell at you whilst doing abysmal performance themselves. I point out these players' subpar dps when I come across it otherwise I leave players be, unless they seem to be a bot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Wow. That post... just... wow. I have so many elitist friends and i can't stand their attitude to the new players. I love this game, i love the friends i made... and i had a lot of help to get to the half decent player i am. I hope more people change their *(&*^&%ing attitude after reading that.
And i hope that warrior finds some decent people to help him and accept him. Good luck, dude!
Reply Quote
58 Goblin Death Knight
One word describes our human way and the outcome of this game. "G R E E D"
And this will be the doom of our miserable real life and is affecting this game.

You want this game to become better? You want to be less greedy?

Then join people with the same attitude, that want to get the social and friendly multiplayer and guild spirit into this game again. Don't join rudeless LFR or Perk Guilds, but join with friendly and helpful people.

This can only be done if you start with yourself. I'am not perfect but I still strive to keep this game social as it was before the LFR and Perks came out.

I know lots of players wanna be elitists and want the best gear, want to kill all endgame bosses, or being the best PVPer. But...frankly of what cost?

You want to change the bad attitude, you start with your self, and then you play with other social and friendly players....ignoring the badmouth greedy trolls.

What are you gonna choose? I'am already doing it xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]