Should I start playing again?

86 Human Paladin
Well so I played until 85, never done raiding, never done so much pvp, All I just did are quests, and occasionly dungeons.
I just feel the need to start playing again, but Is it smart to start again? I mean, I didn't do alot in the game besides questing to 85, so never played the game fully
Reply Quote
30 Worgen Druid
Dont know about smart, but as long as u enjoy yourself why not?
I like questing , im currently working to get loremaster archiefment :)

also i recently rerolled ....

If you are looking for a new start in this game

Visit us at : http://www.burningheadgames.com/wow/viewforum.php?f=2

We would love to welcome more players to quest and do dungeons with, and eventualy help to get geared for raids in future.

But mostly to have fun with each other ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wouldn't recommend playing WOW as things is right now.

Tired of being forced to stop doing what you like to do just because of expansions.

This time we got forced to stop having fun again, just to jump around with these Panda puppies.

Unsubscribed.

Not the best idea to play, everything is just too random nowdays. Not even possible to communicate normally with players anymore. ( In the past we could.) Even that got taken away.

The content we loved playing..
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Warrior
Tired of being forced to stop doing what you like to do just because of expansions.

This time we got forced to stop having fun again, just to jump around with these Panda puppies.

I can see why having fun is difficult for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Steer away. Use the saved money for

26/02/2013 02:05Posted by Pyosharetsu
I can see why having fun is difficult for you.

Here is simply what I think and why I don't recommend playing WOW too much nowdays.

Yeah. A lot of players including me lost more and more fun for every new expansion. Started getting more boring and more offline every time.

I simply support the level 60 community, and will consider returning if the known requests are getting heard for once. As i don't have fun in current wow, and therefor no reason to recommend it.

Not everyone sees it the same way, but many do.

( Not going to bring the whole list.)

I think it would be more worth the time if we had the abillity to know we can keep on doing what's fun even in the future.

Since some fatal expansion might show up and delete/ruin what's cool. I don't recommend investing too much time in this game as it is today.

One example is the weekly caps. Almost regardless of ratings or anything you'll still end up getting the exact same gear regardless how well you play or not. So I don't find any motivation to even put in a effort to earn gear. So where is the fun in a game when you're not even motivated by the game to put in any effort?

I also think it's sucks to invest too many hours on something you gonna be forced to change regardless what later because of expansions etc.

No need to bring any more examples here I guess, stuff should be clear.

Only recommendation, siimply avoid playing if you don't think it's fun. As I'm doing the same.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Rogue
27/02/2013 08:24Posted by Lightrider
Almost regardless of ratings or anything you'll still end up getting the exact same gear regardless how well you play or not

but that is just plain wrong and incorrect to the point where its the complete opposite in actuality it is a bloody pain the difference in gear lol if your in full blue pvp gear you are unable to kill players in the very best 2.2k rating gear and people are currently complaining about this difference.

as for being forced to do anything im pretty sure you are not being forced to do anything and you don't state what it is you feel your being forced to do my only presumption is the new trinkets but that is only to stay competitive and thus you aren't forced to do it yer you probably wont be able to get a god like status but then why should you if you haven't put effort in its not being forced more just going the extra mile to max out your character.

This is all from the presumption of pvp as you mention ratings. In PvE i know plenty of people who didn't do the dailys and still raided end game fine especially as the blue justice stuff is worse then heroics and the purple stuff is MSV ilvl if i remember right, so again not really forced though for the best enchants you have to put the effort in for but again they are the best enchants in the game
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Mage
I was in the same shoes as the OP - I haven't raided since downing 10 man Lich King. Got a couple characters to 85 in Cata but didn't do anything else.

But I've really enjoyed MoP - there's definitely a huge amount of content for those who don't want to raid or PvP. I've been levelling a few other characters to get them transmogrification gear, running old instances and doing the odd pet battle. I've also done quite a bit of Archaeology on this character. I haven't even started with any of the level 90 dailies yet!

In short - plenty to do if you don't want to raid/PvP. And ignore Lightrider :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
27/02/2013 09:09Posted by Sáph
but that is just plain wrong and incorrect to the point where its the complete opposite in actuality it is a bloody pain the difference in gear lol

To do a cap once a week and then no need to play any more?
Reply Quote
20 Troll Shaman
WoW lost 500k players in last 3 months so that say a lot ,if u play bgs u know 50-80% of the toons in them are bots,game got just way 2 easy and simple 2 keep players from leaving 2 other games,u level 2 lvl 90 in a few days and then pain full daily grind begins,CRZ gave iliusion of realms being full of ppl but broken economy at low populated realms stayed
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah. There is plenty of random panda puppery to do ingame now indeed.

27/02/2013 09:39Posted by Dagnabit
plenty to do if you don't want to raid/PvP

I think much of the stuff nowdays is too banal in comparison to what it used to be. To me it looks like something that's entirely made for only kids.

How things works ingame today isn't what made me want to play this game in the first place.

To be honest, classic wow is the only wow I wish to keep on playing. Instead of getting every bit of fun taken away because people obviously seem to like that random panda puggy pup stuff.

I really do not recommend playing this game unless we get the abillity to keep on playing in the game catetogy we like the most.

Incase you ask: Who are we?

I am supporting a whole community of players that miss doing what we earlier could.
That also includes the TBC, Vanilla/classic wow communities. I also want to see these players brought back to have fun again instead of just wanting to quit playing.

Blizzard posted they wanted to keep the game moving forward. But I can say the clock won't stop ticking just because of a such solution.

I also don't understand how people are disagreeing when it comes to getting enough freedom within the game to play in the category they like. ''Except for the technical issues that might occur because of a such setup.'' Unless the goal is to keep on making more unhappy custommers?

I sure like playing WOW. But I don't like being forced to take part in that panda pup stuff when it could be possible to keep on playing in the wanted game category without getting the desire to stop playing each time something new shows up.
Edited by Lightrider on 27/02/2013 17:35 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]