[Suggestion] Purchasable 300% Experience Potions

90 Pandaren Monk
As I am sure many of you know the rare elite NPC Krol the Blade drops the following potion

Elixir of Ancient Knowledge
Item Level 1
Binds to Battle.net account
Use: Increases experience gain by 300% for 1 hour. Does not work for players above level 84.(Also does not persist through death)

I am always farming this NPC to try and get this potion drop and boost my left over alts. I personally would love to see this potion purchasable, example - 4000 justice points or whatever Blizzard felt was a suitable cost.

Another way of obtaining the item could be through Archaeology, perhaps it could be a non consumable bind on account item that has a 7 day cooldown?

Was just a couple of ideas that I thought I would throw out there, heirlooms are great but these potions really do help for getting through those level brackets that some of us really dislike.

[Added] Another Idea would be to have some available on the BMAH?

What is everyone else's feelings/thoughts on this?
Edited by Monkybunky on 18/02/2013 21:48 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I personally would love this verry much, but then it should also be able to be bought with honor points. as some people don't like PvE at all, and i'd prefer this kind of ption over the heirlooms any day. heirlooms take away the fun in doing low level BG's.

Edit; forgot crucial words ;p
Edited by Teebufall on 18/02/2013 21:27 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I just wish they'd put it on the Blizzard store, for the same price/duration as RaF or 10 potions for 5 euro or something like that :)
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
18/02/2013 21:29Posted by Nyxlin
10 potions for 5 euro

that would be pay to win, they're not going to do something like this in addition to a sub.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Archaeology BOA with a several day cooldown seems a good idea imo.
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Hunter
18/02/2013 22:52Posted by Máz
Archaeology BOA with a several day cooldown seems a good idea imo.

Noooo my archaeology skill is 1, please dont make me go and level it :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What next ? Purchaseable Sky-Mirror, Tear of Insanity, Teracotta Fragment, Seeed of Tranquil Growth etc etc etc.

(Got the elixir on the 1st kill btw, not even bothered to use it)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
18/02/2013 21:45Posted by Nymara
10 potions for 5 euro

that would be pay to win, they're not going to do something like this in addition to a sub.

Pay to win what? You're not tilting the odds in anyone's favour. You must be thinking along the lines of "free to play", or "F2P" as it's commonly known as. But you're right about the latter, this is really something that should be left for when the game eventually does go to that, but right now, every subscription counts. The idea of allowing alting altogether is to keep people paying money, including levelling. Yes, the potion goes against that, but selling it on the Blizzard Store wouldn't be as attactive just yet.

Personally? I'd pay that much for 10 potions. Heck, I've done so a few times on Wrath of Heroes, why not here? Speaking of which, I'll probably play that until 5.2's released. However the suggestion of an archeology find would be good. My Archeology's maxed and I'd like to get back into it - finding this beaut would be pretty good! ^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just make it an item that you can craft from the proffesions in the game and give it a week long cooldown as said above, could probably make it so one of the mats is something you buy from the JP vendors.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What next ? Purchaseable Sky-Mirror, Tear of Insanity, Teracotta Fragment, Seeed of Tranquil Growth etc etc etc.

(Got the elixir on the 1st kill btw, not even bothered to use it)

Please bear in mind that this potion is a consumable and all those other fun items you do get to keep with a decent cooldown. I do see where you are coming from though.

Personally I have killed the NPC about 30 times and received 2 potions, good job I am an Enchanter :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As I am sure many of you know the rare elite NPC Krol the Blade drops the following potion

Item Level 1
Use: Increases experience gain by 300% for 1 hour. Does not work for players above level 84.(Also does not persist through death)

I am always farming this NPC to try and get this potion drop and boost my left over alts. I personally would love to see this potion purchasable, example - 4000 justice points or whatever Blizzard felt was a suitable cost.

Another way of obtaining the item could be through Archaeology, perhaps it could be a non consumable bind on account item that has a 7 day cooldown?

Was just a couple of ideas that I thought I would throw out there, heirlooms are great but these potions really do help for getting through those level brackets that some of us really dislike.

Oh my, I think you got your wish! Haha, Merry Christmas!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Item Level 1

Blizzard DO listen to their players ;) see!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Blizzard DO listen to their players ;) see!

No they don't, because in all likelihood the 100% XP store potion won't be coming to EU or US
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It took me 2 days of /played days to get from 1 to 85 on my warrior with full looms and Guild XP boost. If it gets any faster they can just have a "Ding 85" button when you create your character.

Not sure why they added that potion though, but it works as it should in my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]