5.2 Windwalker monk stat priority

With the new changes coming to WW Monk mastery in 5.2, is the stat priority looking like Mastery > Haste > Crit?
Reply Quote
17/02/2013 00:41Posted by Cobray
With the new changes coming to WW Monk mastery in 5.2, is the stat priority looking like Mastery > Haste > Crit?

I'd say exp>mastery>crit>haste most likely.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
17/02/2013 02:49Posted by Qtinha

I'd say exp>mastery>crit>haste most likely.

Yeah. On the PTR right now I got 10% expertise, and then rest mastery. Still gives me a 40% dmg increase with 10 stack TeB which is more than enough.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I doubt mastery will jump to 1st stat..imo it will either stay like it is now or it will be something like haste-mastery-crit simply because haste=energy regen=chi regen=faster TEB stack gathering..the mastery change may create an actual cap for haste (since there isny any magic number for haste atm) and then reforge all the way to mastery..but time will tell..
Edited by Jímbei on 18/02/2013 07:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I expect haste to remain a priority up to a certain value. My guess is 5.5-6K because of the changes to Combo Breaker (lower proc chance). After that, Mastery will most likely compete with Crit depending on your other stats (and other factors like boss mechanics, amount of time not on the target, etc.). We will have to wait and see what the simulation results are.

@Soku: 10% expertise?? Dude, the expertise cap for Windwalkers is 7.5%.
Edited by Ebonhide on 18/02/2013 06:53 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
The people who are actually doing testing on the PTR, like Eatmopie, says that haste will still have prio, but mastery moved above crit.

So its gonna be something like:

hit(7.5%) = expertise(7.5%) > haste > mastery > crit

But watch this vid, it actually explains the new tigereye brew very well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwFbKzRTcvY
Reply Quote
To clear out the confusion, I(and probably Soku aswell) meant for PvP. He didn't say whether he meant PvE or PvP.
Reply Quote
Sorry.

WW PvE.

Dunno whether to go high on mastery or keep it as is..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]