PVP Gear 5.2

90 Human Warlock
Hey,
Is there really a point in having current Malevolent upgraded to 491 since the amount of pvp power and resi on the new 476 Malevolent is a bit retarded. New 476 has got approximately 25% more resi and pvp power than current 483. Do the other stats outweight pvp power and resi? As an example:
Malevolent Gladiator's Felweave Trousers:

491 (old upgraded) vs 476 (new)
+45 Armor
+73 Intellect
+110 Stamina
+49 Haste
+49 Mastery
-111 PVP Power
-111 PVP Resilience

What are your thoughts?
Edited by Vagon on 14/02/2013 11:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Oh god, blizzard, is that really true?

476 ilvl gear have much more resi and power than 483 ilvl gear?
resi + power is superior to a small amount of armor/stamina/strenght..

If this is true, Im not goin to resubscribe, it misses logic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They've announced they're gonna put some additional stats on these new 476's but cmon - vs upgraded items it's 15 ilvl difference, and still power and resi have retarded amounts...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Its just to make it so that people dont get into LFR with full pvp honor gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah, I understand the situation with LFR, but shouldn't it have slightly less stats? 222 combined power and resilience is massive IMO.

And again, I wanted to know your opinions if it's better to go for the whole new 476 set or stick with 491 upgraded for new season
Reply Quote
Community
The Patch 5.2 Malevolent gear may have more PvP power and Resilience, but Patch 5.1 Malevolent gear has higher Item levels and as such stats. To have more clarity on this you can read the below comparisons:

• 5.1 Malevolent Gear has a higher ilevel than 5.2 Malevolent Gear.
  • 5.2 Malevolent Gear has more PvP Power/Resilience than 5.1 Malevolent Gear.
  • 5.1 Malevolent Gear
  • 483 ilevel (491 with 2/2 upgrades)
  • ~30 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience
  • 5.2 Malevolent Gear
  • 476 ilevel
  • ~36 ilevels of PvP Power and Resilience

In the end, the effective Ilvl of patch 5.2 and 5.1 Malevolent gear puts them at about equal. The reason for lowering the item level and increasing the PvP stats for the 5.2 version of Malevolent gear is because we want players to run 5.0 LFR, this means that the Ilvl of honor gear needs to be lower than the entry requirement of 483. The result of this was lowering the Ilvl (stats) of the gear, but increasing it's PvP power and resilience to compensate. That difference in power you feel is going to be extremely prominent, is actually quite minor.
Edited by Nakatoir on 14/02/2013 12:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thanks for reply and explaination.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nakatoir you saying its "actually quite minor" upgrade, but if you spread it on the all body that 16 or so items the change becomes bigger improvment.

Now as RBG player i want to be upgraded as much as i can and from the look of it i will need to start farming Honor again in Random BGs just to have the best in slot.

I dont realy want to go and do randoms again with all the bots in this game.

I realy hope that it's not going to be big difference that will force me to do randoms again.
Edited by Galik on 14/02/2013 13:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
"Keep in mind that a fully upgraded (2/2) piece of 5.1 Malevolent Gladiator’s gear will be slightly better than its 5.2 counterpart, so if you already own pieces that you haven’t fully upgraded yet, then going for full upgrades might be a good course of action."

i got a question , does elite weapon this season will be better than t1 weapon new season?
Reply Quote
Community
14/02/2013 13:01Posted by Ízy
i got a question , does elite weapon this season will be better than t1 weapon new season?
The Season 13 Malevolent weapons will be the same as the current season 12 non-upgraded weapons. So if you have an elite weapon from season 12, it will be better than the Season 13 honor version.
Here you can see some of the comparisons for the difference between the season 12 and 13 weapons :)

Season 12 Normal - Malevolent Gladiator's Pike
Season 13 Malevolent - Malevolent Gladiator's Pike
Season 12 Elite - Malevolent Gladiator's Pike
Season 13 Tyrannical - Tyrannical Gladiator's Pike
Season 13 Elite - Tyrannical Gladiator's Pike

Edit - Whoops, forgot to add in the season 13 elite :O
Edited by Nakatoir on 14/02/2013 13:19 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
thanks for info!
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Hunter
So what you're saying is, you've tried to balance the new honor gear with the old upgraded conquest gear.

But... you are leaving people with 2/2 upgraded s12 elite weapon to be 23 iLevels ahead of the honor weapon.

And even worse... 2/2 upgraded s12 elite weapon will be 15 iLevels ahead of the new conquest weapon.

All this means is people that have 2/2 upgraded s12 elite weapon will have a 10-20% (from PvP Power + Spell Power / Weapon Damage) DPS bonus over people without it until 3/4 months into the NEW season.

This stinks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
as i see , Season 12 Normal = Season 13 Malevolent < Season 13 Tyrannical < Season 12 Elite (and if u have upgrades even better) < Season 13 Elite.

Thats a bit unfair , Season 13 Tyrannical > Season 12 Elite .. was not this how it should be? It seems that ppl boosted in RBG to 2.2k+ (and i know a few) will still have better weapon than others .. and the only reason im stuck at 2k+ Rating this season its because after 1.9k i always met ppl that got boosted in RBG and they have elite weapons and full gear upgraded and its kinda hard to kill them (many of them are TSG that just tunnel vision your healer). It seems that they will still have an advantage over the ppl without elite even they (boosted ppl) have lower skill.
Edited by Ízy on 14/02/2013 13:41 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This is the worse then any expansion before, not even you can't catch in mid season. Now you can't catch in mid expansion. GL guys next expansion. Removal of rating requirement for t2 weapons did nothing, because old upgraded t2 that needed rating requirement will still be best for a long time and this season t2 will be minor almost not noticeable upgrade (4ilvl) from it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
stop complaining , gear is easy to obtain , i dont mind a bit of grinding i love pvp. byebye
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
14/02/2013 13:39Posted by Münjica
This is the worse then any expansion before, not even you can't catch in mid season. Now you can't catch in mid expansion. GL guys next expansion. Removal of rating requirement for t2 weapons did nothing, because old upgraded t2 that needed rating requirement will still be best for a long time and this season t2 will be minor almost not noticeable upgrade (4ilvl) from it.

I agree with you! i was hopping that in the new season ill have a fresh start and test my skills with ppl that have same gear.. but it seems ill be behind with the gear again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So the s12 2/2 gear will still be better than s13 honor gear? So even though its a new season you still will be punished for not starting to play early season 12? Is that what you are telling me? I dont wanna be rude or anything because i know that you are doing your best, but how hard can it really be to even it out? If i grind the new honor gear and enter arena i will still be at a disadvantage meating people with s12 malevolent 2/2 491 ilvl with t2 elite. This is unfair, cant you just make so the new honor gear is better than s12 malevolent at the same time as it cant be used in LFR.

Is it to hard to make it like that? Cause to be honest it feels like its alot easier to do just that than what you are doing now, you are slowly failing at making the gear balanced. And if you dont fix it in a good way its gonna hit you back later... just saying
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Hunter
14/02/2013 13:48Posted by Dominera
So the s12 2/2 gear will still be better than s13 honor gear?

That's not the issue.

The 2/2 gear is better than the NEW s13 CONQUEST gear!

That is the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
14/02/2013 13:18Posted by Nakatoir
The Season 13 Malevolent weapons will be the same as the current season 12 non-upgraded weapons. So if you have an elite weapon from season 12, it will be better than the Season 13 honor version.
Here you can see some of the comparisons for the difference between the season 12 and 13 weapons :)

Season 12 Normal - Malevolent Gladiator's Pike
Season 13 Malevolent - Malevolent Gladiator's Pike
Season 12 Elite - Malevolent Gladiator's Pike
Season 13 Tyrannical - Tyrannical Gladiator's Pike
Season 13 Elite - Tyrannical Gladiator's Pike

Edit - Whoops, forgot to add in the season 13 elite :O

Sounds good with an exception of tyrannical vs 12 elite. I just can't agree with that at all. It'll take the whole season to catch up gearwise with the people with last seasons weapon. Be it legit, boosted or bought.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So the s12 2/2 gear will still be better than s13 honor gear? So even though its a new season you still will be punished for not starting to play early season 12? Is that what you are telling me? I dont wanna be rude or anything because i know that you are doing your best, but how hard can it really be to even it out? If i grind the new honor gear and enter arena i will still be at a disadvantage meating people with s12 malevolent 2/2 491 ilvl with t2 elite. This is unfair, cant you just make so the new honor gear is better than s12 malevolent at the same time as it cant be used in LFR.

Is it to hard to make it like that? Cause to be honest it feels like its alot easier to do just that than what you are doing now, you are slowly failing at making the gear balanced. And if you dont fix it in a good way its gonna hit you back later... just saying

Well, If you never played arena before I dont think you will face people with full 2/2 elite t2 gear since most of them got a mmr of atleast 1800+ i would say.

You guys are acting like every single pvper out in the world got full 2/2 t2 elite even at 1200 mmr.
Edited by Sugenfet on 14/02/2013 13:54 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]