​PvP Update: Same faction teams with English and Spanish players

As part of our effort to improve the PvP experience for players, over the coming weeks we'll be making a change to the way English and Spanish realms interact with each other.
Players within the same faction from English and Spanish realms will be able to form teams when using the Battleground Finder.

We expect this change to have little impact for players at level 90, but it should improve the current queue times for low level battlegrounds on these realms.

We understand some of you may be worried about overcoming the language barrier for typical orders (such as warning your teammates of the opposition approaching Arathi Basin's Lumber Mill) and to that end, we'll be providing you with a glossary containing the most common terms used in each language soon.

Also, we're temporarily allowing English posts on the Spanish PvP forums, allowing you to communicate with fellow Spanish players should you wish to team up.

After the upcoming scheduled realm maintenance on the week of February 25, players of the same faction on English and Spanish realms will be able to play together in random battlegrounds.
Edited by Draztal on 04/03/2013 16:44 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
My Spanish friends will love this. :3

*is an English speaker playing in a Spanish realm*
Edited by Korrosive on 20/02/2013 15:19 GMT
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Shaman
[quote="66351477080"]

Also, we're temporarily allowing English posts on the [url="http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/forum/880015/"]Spanish PvP forums[/url], allowing you to communicate with fellow Spanish players should you wish to team up.

So English speakers to make the effort not the Spanish? Any reason for the bias?
Reply Quote
20/02/2013 15:17Posted by Mufflés
So English speakers to make the effort not the Spanish? Any reason for the bias?

This change only affects select English realms, while it affects all Spanish realms, so it makes more sense to have English posts on the Spanish forums. We already use English on this forum and Spanish players can come use it at any time, but we generally don't allow non-local language posts on other forums.

So that paragraph, what it really says, is that even if you don't speak Spanish, during the coming days you can still go there and post in English if you wish to team up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Or you could just reduce the number of brackets.

Now that you have automatic levelling up to the max of a bracket, you know.

It's generally considered smart to use the features you develop! :)

PS: No, I don't want to have to learn Spanish to play WoW BG's. You can shove this retarded idea where the sun don't shine.
Edited by Ishayu on 20/02/2013 15:33 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
Aren't Random BGs supposed to be cross-battlegroup? So those English speaking realms are basically going to be able to que both in the Spanish BG and in the English one? Or will they be removed from the second one?
Reply Quote
20/02/2013 15:48Posted by Bomboklat
Aren't Random BGs supposed to be cross-battlegroup? So those English speaking realms are basically going to be able to que both in the Spanish BG and in the English one? Or will they be removed from the second one?

What this change means is that, currently, on your faction you team up only with English realms. From now on, if you play on one of the English realms mentioned on the initial post, you may encounter Spanish players on your faction as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
20/02/2013 15:32Posted by Ishayu
PS: No, I don't want to have to learn Spanish to play WoW BG's.
Noone said that you had to learn Spanish to play with us. What has been said is that we're gonna team up in BGs. Also, you play in Outland, so your server won't be affected by this change. Nothing you should worry about =)

On the topic... I'm REALLY fearing the behavior from Spanish players. I'm used to play with English people and it's like playing in two different worlds.
Edited by Lyreth on 20/02/2013 16:05 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Currently you can play with russian or others english players from outlands, stormscale or others.

And when solo queuing for BGs you can see russian or english people in your side or others.

So what new brings this change?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's funny how different are comments on this thread and the one on the Spanish forums.
You guys are obviously talking from "the English realm perspective" where BG's work like a charm when you, selfishly, complain.

It's also funny that you complain about playing with Spanish-speaker players when more than half of the players in the English realms AREN'T British but from other countries of Europe (and beyond).
Sometimes I read more Scandinavian languages on the chat than English, and there is plenty of guilds and microcommunities of other languages in your servers.

In the Spanish realms, BG's at lvl 90 work fine, but at lower levels it's nearly impossible to play - queue just doesn't pop up.

Someone said above that with this measure they're stating there's a preference for Spanish players over English realm ones, but that is not true: they're asking you to learn Spanish as much as they're asking us to learn some English.
It won't kill you to learn a few words in another language.

Let's face the fact that English realms wouldn't be so great if they were just made up of native English speakers. People from other parts of the globe make them grow in population, variety and quality.
You should be thankful they're making a new addition like this to your servers.

I more than welcome this change and I'm sure it's gonne be for better.
Also hoping they're add more English realms to the list soon.

Take care,
Limbicus
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well running in to Spanish horde is currently as annoying as running in to German horde from a gear/organisation perspective so mixing things up a bit gets a big thumbs up from me i'd happily mix with German realms as well, Screw the language barrier i'd rather get teamed up with people who want to win.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
PS: No, I don't want to have to learn Spanish to play WoW BG's.
Noone said that you had to learn Spanish to play with us. What has been said is that we're gonna team up in BGs. Also, you play in Outland, so your server won't be affected by this change. Nothing you should worry about =)

On the topic... I'm REALLY fearing the behavior from Spanish players. I'm used to play with English people and it's like playing in two different worlds.

How do you know I don't have alts on one of those servers?

Incidentally I actually don't, but I'm worried this spreads.

The problem I have with this is that it's not the same as having non-English speakers on the English servers, because they play an English client and expect an English gameplay experience. I am not English myself; in fact I've never been to England or indeed any English-speaking country. Not even once. But I still log on World of Warcraft fully expecting to be playing with people speaking English on an English server.

These people are going to run into BG's expecting a Spanish gameplay experience using their Spanish clients because they come from Spanish servers and are used to playing with the Spanish every time they play.

I have nothing against the Spanish, but I don't want to suddenly find myself in a situation where I have to learn Spanish, or indeed any other language, to communicate in battlegrounds. I also think it's intensely unfair the other way around.
Edited by Ishayu on 20/02/2013 18:45 GMT
Reply Quote
Does this mean we'll have to endure a load of Spanish in the chat too? Just like in LFR nowadays where there's so much Italians, and links of spells and skills and items doesn't translate unless you click them. Also, please make one of those "Important News" on the login screen of all spanish servers that there will be English speaking in BGs from now on please. Otherwise I know just how this will end up, I'll have to take spanish class to understand where the team is coming, where the enemies are and what way the flag carrier is going.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
20/02/2013 18:49Posted by Krushin
I'll have to take spanish class to understand where the team is coming, where the enemies are and what way the flag carrier is going.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/6635414932
Reply Quote
I'm all for Blizzard trying to improve the battleground experience for people but this won't improve it, not at all.

I remember when I used to play on Darkspear and temporarily our battlegroup got Molten Core (which was a Russian speaking realm), just prior to the Russian speaking community getting their own client. No one could understand each other and instead of teamwork all you got was a build up of bitterness between the two communities and constant sniping at each other in the chat.

The intention of this change is good, but it's not going to turn out well in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Iscarioté

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/6635414932

That is in fact really helpful!
Is there an Italian equivalent? ^^

Also, a quick look-through makes me wonder...
Inc (Incoming): En camino.
OMW (On my way): En camino.

So if a guy in AB says "En camino Stables" is he going there or is enemies approaching? :p

Also, if a guy in Twin Peaks spots enemy hordie take our flag down the ramp, instead of going "EFC GOING RAMP"
he would go
"Jugador enemigo que lleva la bandera, el área dentro del bastión o la serrería que sube a la parte de arriba por fuera."

Sounds a bit tricky to learn this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Guillin, I also think there might be some bitterness at the beginning between both communities, but it should fade in a couple of weeks at most.

See you all on the battlefield.

EDIT: The answer to Krushin no longer made any sense, so I changed it.

So if a guy in AB says "En camino Stables" is he going there or is enemies approaching? :p

The problem here is that ''En camino Stables'' can kinda mean both things, but they will normally distinct between both cases by saying either:

''Voy en camino a Stables/Establos'' --> ''I'm on my wat to stables'' (OMW)

''Van de camino a Stables'' or simply ''Van a stables'' --> ''They're on their way to stables'' (OTW)

Also, if a guy in Twin Peaks spots enemy hordie take our flag down the ramp, instead of going "EFC GOING RAMP"
he would go
"Jugador enemigo que lleva la bandera, el área dentro del bastión o la serrería que sube a la parte de arriba por fuera."

That translation reffers to which part in English is designated as ''ramp'' in WSG, so just ignore it.

They will most surely say ''Sacan la bandera por rampa'' or ''EFC por rampa''---> ''EFC going ramp''
Edited by Meriador on 20/02/2013 19:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
20/02/2013 15:05Posted by Draztal
We understand some of you may be worried about overcoming the language barrier for typical orders (such as warning your teammates of the opposition approaching Arathi Basin's Lumber Mill) and to that end, we'll be providing you with a glossary containing the most common terms used in each language soon.

will this be the official terms, or the player terms? because the playerbase is very adept at making abbreviations of terms that are too long. for example, the official french term for stealth classes is "classe furtive", but players abbreviated it to fufu.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]